Not open for further replies.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala

https://www.thelede.in/kerala/2020/02/04/n-corona-virus-kerala-declares-state-disaster

If i am reading this correctly they already have almost 100 cases?

“Out of them, 2155 are in their own houses and 84 in hospitals are under observation. In all, 140 samples have been sent to laboratories and out of that 46 have been tested negative
    India just an fyi.
    n-Corona Virus: Kerala Declares State Disaster

Nope, you aren't reading that correctly at all.

According to the article, only 2 people tested positive. They did contact tracing from those patients, and everyone one they had contact in is under some kind of observation. I see now where the confusion may be, "46 have been tested negative" I assume the rest of the results have not come in, since 140 samples at once is probably over the capacity they have for testing.

So as of right now, they are exercising an extreme amount of caution in treating this. Which I believe is justified.

Good point to remember, a "STATE DISASTER" or "STATE OF EMERGENCY" is to give the government the legal justification to perform acts outside normal governance, such as mass quarantines, and suspending civil rights.

The first case of n-Coronavirus was confirmed by the central ministry on January 30. The victim had got admitted to the district hospital in Thrissur.
    Immediately, Kerala government had initiated 'contact tracing' to find who all the patient mingled with in the past couple of weeks, as the virus' incubation period is about two weeks.
    Another suspected patient, who was isolated in Alappuzha medical college on January 24, was confirmed positive on February 02.
    By that time, her 'contacts' were traced, and all got either isolated or brought under observation.

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Even if no one in the United States dies from this and it turns out it was nothing to worry about here....what about our just in time supply system?
    There are over 79 MILLION being isolated in their homes in 17 cities in China.

The list of companies who have shut down all production is HUGE.It will impact our companies production abilities.Take Ford or GM,when the end product they produce has 60 percent or more parts made in China and now they can not get them.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuh...es-shut-down-operations-move-employees-2020-1

Mind you that article was written before 11 more cities where put under quarantine,you know way back on January 27th,2020.

and another....Ford already shut down plants in China.
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]U.S. manufacturers such as Ford, Apple and Tesla have temporarily halted production. One-sixth of Apple sales and nearly half of chip-maker Qualcomm’s revenues come from China. So do 80% of active ingredients used by drug-makers to produce finished medicines. Because China is the world’s largest manufacturer and an enormous consumer market, the economic freeze will disrupt supply chains and reduce corporate earnings
    [/FONT]
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-economic-contagion-11580775531

I also do not think we are going to miss this one.I think we are going to get hit worse than the 1918 flu,and this year.
    I am not panicking,never do.But I am also taking logical steps in my actual life.I know what we have considered normal,may not exist much longer.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Even if no in the United States dies from this and it turns out it was nothing to worry about here....what about our just in time supply system?
    There are over 79 MILLION being isolated in their homes in 17 cities in China.

The list of companies who have shut down all production is HUGE.It will impact our companies production abilities.Take Ford or GM,when the end product the produce has 60 percent or more parts made in China and now they can not get them.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuh...es-shut-down-operations-move-employees-2020-1

Mind you that article was written before 11 more cities where put under quarantine,you know way back on January 27th,2020.

I also do not think we are going to miss this one.I think we are going to get hit worse than the 1918 flu,and this year.
    I am not panicking,never do.But I am also taking logical steps in my actual life.I know what we have considered normal,may not exist much longer.

A LOT of people supply their house "just in time".
    A couple days food is all.
    They think you're nuts if you have extra canned food, MRE's, dehy food, etc.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    let me connect up those dots for you. Here is a time line where it shows his involvement.

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/2...a-result-of-chinese-biological-espionage.html

this was from 1.28.20.

can you imagine the guilt he had to live with. No wonder he was an alcoholic. Can’t get rid of those demons.

His involvement, he acquired a strain of the SARS virus through legitimate means for the lab he established and worked for.

That's the sum of his involvement.

That's like saying I'm responsible for some terrorist act because I deposited money into a bank they robbed to fund some horrific act.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom