• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    On the plus side, I've been making incredible progress rebuilding my carpeted staircase into an oak staircase...nothing else to do in evenings and on the weekend.

I just hope that they don't ban travel to Menards.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    So, I've heard from 2 sources, a National Guard member and a Homeland Security employee, that a Federal level Shelter in Place order will be issued. It's gonna be for 2 weeks initially. One guy said announcement will be between Friday and Sunday, and the other guy said Sunday.

My crystal ball predicts another panic at the grocery stores....

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    SWMBO used to be able to get pills for her leg cramps that had quinine, and failing that, kept a 2 liter of tonic water by the bed. Both used to have usable quantities of quinine, but no more. A few years back the gov decided that we were too stupid to use it correctly, and use of quinine for cramps was off-prescription, so we couldn't get any anywhere.

Maybe that will change?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I think that was already in the bag myself

I dunno, TT. "You brought the economy back to 2008!" is pretty damn powerful argument, even if it's BS. Understanding this isn't the politics thread, that's a very WuFlu related point. If this doesn't get sorted soon, it could be a big shake up in DC.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    1:20 p.m., March 19

Schools to stay closed statewide until at least May 1
    Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb signed executive orders Thursday that extend the closure of schools and take other steps to deal with the pandemic.

All K-12 public schools will remain closed until May 1, the governor said. And non-public schools were also ordered closed. He said the date might be extended through the end of the 2019-2020 school year if circumstances warrant.

The governor also extended the current state of emergency an additional 30 days when it expires on April 5.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So, I've heard from 2 sources, a National Guard member and a Homeland Security employee, that a Federal level Shelter in Place order will be issued. It's gonna be for 2 weeks initially. One guy said announcement will be between Friday and Sunday, and the other guy said Sunday.

We’ve heard rumors of a national quarantine for the past month. I doubt it happens at this point, although I think it might be the correct thing to do imo.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    My ass… Anyone who believes this bull****, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn that I’ll sell you cheap. This is all predicated on the fact that we’re getting anything close to honest numbers out of China. Who believes that?

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Italy coronavirus death toll passes China's for first time[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]https://www.foxnews.com/world/italy-coronavirus-death-toll-passes-china-for-first-time[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I have a "reliable" source that's been saying that for 2 weeks.

I absolutely believe it is an option being considered. I don't know what the triggers would be, but I also don't think those triggers have happened.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    White house announced today with the FDA they are really hitting the malaria drug trials against chinavirus hard. I believe this will start to reduce the spread as doctors can start prescribing this to higher risk and symptomatic patients now with little to no risks. And its widely available. We will see a rapid decline if this works and we will see some quarantines end and cities and businesses start to open up by around the 15th of April or sooner I believe from this.
    Also some Markets will quickly rebound, flights and other private transportation should quickly resume and we should see things rapidly get back to booming.
    I believe the financial markets will recover quickly.

Will there be some temporary shortages on some things? Maybe, but where there is demand there are entrepreneurs. We live in the country that started the industrial revolution. If we want it, we can make it
    Will we be able to get TP again? I’ve been holding it in for about 2 weeks.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Whelp, this has finally hit home.

Amazon delayed a game I preordered a year ago.

Now I have to leave the house tomorrow morning and physically purchase it.

I can barely conceal the rage and fury I'm feeling right now.

Oh, and one co-worker's spouse has it apparently... but this... this is what impacts me the most. I took next week off for vacation to play this game.

That is SO first world!:drama:

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I have a "reliable" source that's been saying that for 2 weeks.

I absolutely believe it is an option being considered. I don't know what the triggers would be, but I also don't think those triggers have happened.

I didn't want to add to the misinformation out there when I heard it from the Homeland guy early this morning, but with the Guardsman saying basically the same thing I thought I might pass it on. Hope I'm totally wrong honestly !!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    On the plus side, I've been making incredible progress rebuilding my carpeted staircase into an oak staircase...nothing else to do in evenings and on the weekend.

I just hope that they don't ban travel to Menards.

IKR, Home Depot doesn't have as good of a selection.

I'm finishing up a small bed foot locker.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Ordered shelter in place or not, plenty of people will ignore it. There aren’t any good options for dealing with those people, or even disproving whatever story they give for being out of the house. Maybe they can scare a few more into staying inside, but that’s about it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Some people get freaked out when they hear about all the contingency plans the government has.

Having been part of various kinds of contingency planning, the whole point is to try and prepare for EVERY scenario, even ones that don't really seem plausible.

I expect .gov to have plans for a nationwide lockdown. I hope they never have to use them, but failing to plan is planning to fail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom