• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I see people wearing gloves and not taking them off after multiple contacts. What is the point of that? The germs are spread by contact, not absorption through the skin. Put glove on, make contact, dispose. Put on new pair of gloves, make contact, dispose...etc. If you cannot do that, then washing/sanitizing your hand is more reasonable. In fact, that is likely more practical than gloves for us.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I see people wearing gloves and not taking them off after multiple contacts. What is the point of that? The germs are spread by contact, not absorption through the skin. Put glove on, make contact, dispose. Put on new pair of gloves, make contact, dispose...etc. If you cannot do that, then washing/sanitizing your hand is more reasonable. In fact, that is likely more practical than gloves for us.

Multiple Contacts?
    Where the hell are you?...... A massage parlor? :dunno:

Tell those people you see to stop touching everybody.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Multiple Contacts?
    Where the hell are you?...... A massage parlor? :dunno:

Tell those people you see to stop touching everybody.

Example. Cashier at local food place. You are there picking order up and you hand them your cash/debit card. They handle it with gloves on, then with the same gloves, type on the cash register and cc machine, then hand back change or card. Then onto the next customer, doing the same thing with the same gloves. If you are concerned about touch contamination, you change gloves and wipe keyboard down between each transaction. In reality, they are wearing them to make them FEEL safe. What a waste.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Example. Cashier at local food place. You are there picking order up and you hand them your cash/debit card. They handle it with gloves on, then with the same gloves, type on the cash register and cc machine, then hand back change or card. Then onto the next customer, doing the same thing with the same gloves. If you are concerned about touch contamination, you change gloves and wipe keyboard down between each transaction. In reality, they are wearing them to make them FEEL safe. What a waste.

They are safer with the gloves on provided they don't suck on them or touch their face - the customers are the ones vulnerable to the cross-contamination.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Have you seen the Lexan barriers at the cashiers in Lowes. Interesting concept. The debit/credit machine is close to the customer. Unless you use cash there is no real contact.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I just ordered 1000 3.5 mil vinyl foodservice gloves from webstaurantstore (love that place) for about $45 shipped... use 'em and pitch 'em... every time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So, hopefully this goes in the plus column for him, to be weighed against the sin of banning bumpstocks

Not in jedi's book.
    It's like a child parent relationship. Once you break the trusth the first time the parent has to watch you 1,000% of the time. You have to rebuild that trust

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In my mind, wearing the gloves is a practical solution, as long as you don't touch your face. I don't wear gloves, but I've become hyper aware of hand sanitizer/washing if I touch something that isn't "mine."

With the gloves, touch whatever anyone else has touched until you're back in home or wherever you can be confident that it's clean. Take them off, throw them away, then wash your hands.

As long as you don't touch your face with the gloves, should be ok.

In other news, death doubling is back to about 2.5-3 days. The total deaths on 3/23 (less than a week ago) was 553, and we had roughly that same amount today alone.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    When I went out yesterday i saw wioes and gloves all over the ground. The new litter, let someone else pick it up. Also, I kid you not, the Bedford post office has a clear (sort of) SHOWER CURTAIN stretched from ceiling to counter to protect the postal workers.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When I went out yesterday i saw wioes and gloves all over the ground. The new litter, let someone else pick it up. Also, I kid you not, the Bedford post office has a clear (sort of) SHOWER CURTAIN stretched from ceiling to counter to protect the postal workers.
    Yes, I have seen this at the grocery store. People are inconsiderate pigs. I do wear gloves into the store, and they come off just before I get into the car. But I have a garbage bag in my trunk that I put them in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom