Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't really think the "derangement" thing is all that accurate for most people that have what we'd call TDS. "Deranged" as in like a :"deranged stalker"; someone who is so mentally unstable that they're capable of doing unscrupulous acts normal people wouldn't do, makes sense for some people. Antifa, for example. Some people in the press. Certainly the guy who shot up the Republican Congressional softball team was derranged. But not most people. I think I'd swap the 'D' word with delusional.

So yeah, I think both sides could have both. I think there are way more people who hate Trump to an extent that makes them deranged, than the other way around. But if we're talking "delusional", I think their utter dislike of Trump can be deluding, such that people are very accepting of information that makes Trump wrong, and they're very critical of information that makes Trump right, regardless of all the facts put together. The opposite can also be true. People can love Trump so much that they're very critical of information that makes Trump wrong, and very accepting of information that makes Trump right.
    Thats what I seem to pick up on a lot. And thanks for the delusional correction.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This. If everyone is wearing a mask without the cool flow valve it will help slow the spread immensely and it would be fairly safe to be in public and doing normal routines. It would definitely keep the hospitals under capacity.

I do have a mask that can filter out dust. I bought it for leveling out dirt with the tractor. I may start wearing it. It's pretty comfortable.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Here's a excerpt from this article. Pretty draconian stuff in my opinion

[Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo on Thursday signed an executive order that will legally require travelers from New York to self-quarantine in Rhode Island for 14 days.

The order authorizes the Rhode Island highway patrol to pull over vehicles with New York license plates. The National Guard will also begin going door-to-door on Saturday to screen for New York visitors.]

https://dailycallernewsfoundation.o...avel-restrictions-on-new-york-and-new-jersey/
    I had read a little about this.
    I have this type of argument with my best friend. He just goes off on how wrong this is, and I argue that if the people fleeing NY are too stupid to self quarantine then they need to be told too, right? Are they just allowed to infect everyone around them (innocents) because my riiiiggghhts! Would you want them in the pool with your kids, or whatever?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    To be completely honest if it hasn't been linked to or at least talked about in this thread I don't know anything about it. Watched less than 3 hours of the news in 3 months and been on FB for maybe 15 min, saw how ridiculous and lost it was a month ago and decided to not enter that fray.
    So I've heard about the essentials only sales in Howard County, heard about some places claiming they can't sell guns because some office is closed. I'll look for more.

It is new jersey that closed their portal to the FBI NICS. This is the only way new jersey gun stores can legally do business so in effect they violated the 2nd Amendment for all the residents.
    Other states have violated gun rights by closing gun stores claiming they were not essential and closing various other hoops in the chain of obstacles.
    Such as commiefornia(of course), new york, pennsylvania and rhode island,

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    It is new jersey that closed their portal to the FBI NICS. This is the only way new jersey gun stores can legally do business so in effect they violated the 2nd Amendment for all the residents.
    Other states have violated gun rights by closing gun stores claiming they were not essential and closing various other hoops in the chain of obstacles.
    Such as commiefornia(of course), new york, pennsylvania and rhode island,
    Yes, I replied to you again a few up and and more clear on this. Definitely a case of using power to force their opinion. A few counties in IN tried doing this IIRC but were set straight and told to find a way.

Also, we didn't get much done around during the brief smoke break, did we?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    g
    I skipped the last few pages.

My optimism was probably premature. Yesterday ended up bad and today not looking great.

If I was just a little more cynical, I'd wonder if they were waiting for the weekend to release bad numbers.

Well. Sorry. Since INGO was growing weary of bad news, I didn't correct you. I had just seen the 9 hundred something number from Indiana, which was nearly a 50% jump from the day prior.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Plenty of articles out there. Shutting stores down, Forcing stores that have what's deemed essential to not sell what the Gov thinks is essential, curfews in place, Governors threatening arrest and fines for not being in compliance.
    You're telling me you haven't heard any of this?

Forcing GM to make ventilators. Honestly, if I have to be hooked up to a ventilator, and it says GM on it. I might ask for a different one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ya ya ya. Where is Kut by the way? I remember a couple weeks ago he mentioned his mom was in the hospital, and haven’t really seen him here since. Hoping she is ok, has anyone heard from him?

I was wondering that too. I didn't see the post about his mom. Hope she's recovering well. And hopefully the hospital stay isn't because of covid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom