Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Talking about masks ... Is anyone here wearing them when they have to go out to pick up a few supplies such as krogers or walmart?

Yep. Mask and gloves. Put them on in the car and throw them out just before I get back in the car to go home. Touch nothing with bare hands except my own stuff.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Exactly. And ask any business owner and they’ll claim their business is essential

I'm trying to catch up on 20 pages.
    So maybe this has already been said.
    But DHS already has a generic "essential" list.
    I was looking through it yesterday to see if my company was blowing smoke.
    It doesn't list companies. More like "fields".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Saw an interesting program a long time ago. You have probably breathed at least one of the molecules of air that Julius Caesar, Jesus, Genghis Khan, etc., breathed in their lifetime.

The **** mixes.
    And drank what they have previously "passed".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm on the phone at this exact moment to cancel my regular check up with my Doc that was scheduled for Friday. Hell no!

Also... I've been taking my hair down to 1/8" with clippers for 15 years now. Best hair cut I've ever had and the price is right!

Hmmm. I need to call my doc.
    I can probably miss a couple vitamin shots. But when they checked me in the hospital, they had to check twice it was so low.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Stop subsidizing the manufacturing base of our largest global enemy would be a good start...

Or, apply the rules equally.

I have to comply with OSHA, IOSHA, EPA, IDEM, and other requirements.
    But a company overseas, less burden for them.
    Maybe they should have that "added" on to make it more competitivie.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    AG Barr now talking about a "crackdown on hoarders"

new Executive Order to criminalize the hoarding of essential products such as ventilators and face masks for the purpose of manipulating the market and price gouging. Says "it's a crime" that will be investigated by DOJ.

If we're going to go with this, then maybe a penalty for NOT being prepared.
    You don't have to be rich to have some cans of food and water in the house.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I have a hard time buying that with nearly 10k new cases in the US just today. Statistically that’s 150 deaths in 2 weeks.
    Promoting false hope won’t end well.

Oh, that number will still go up dramatically. Testing is simply revealing what we couldn't see before. You have a hard time fighting what you can't see.

That said, light at the end of the tunnel means improvement in the future, not right now. That is not false hope at all.

The key to better understanding this situation is that so many people are looking backwards rather than looking forwards. If you looked forward two months ago, you would have seen that this disease had the possibility to become a nasty pandemic. If you look forward now, you will see that we are actively getting better at fighting this disease and will get past it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    lol. C'mon people!

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/new...rump-kills-arizona-man-wife-critical-11460391

An Arizona man died after he and his wife ingested a chemical in an attempt to prevent a coronavirus infection

During a press conference on Thursday, President Donald Trump touted chloroquine as showing "very, very encouraging early results" in treating COVID-19 and falsely stated that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) was working "to be able to make that drug available almost immediately." The drug has been used to treat malaria.

Why are you posting fake news? That is true. If the trials under way, expected to run 6 days, are successful they are planning to expedite availability.

The FDA has been working closely with other government agencies and academic centers that are investigating the use of the drug chloroquine, which is already approved for treating malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, to determine whether it can be used to treat patients with mild-to-moderate COVID-19 to potentially reduce the duration of symptoms, as well as viral shedding, which can help prevent the spread of disease. Studies are underway to determine the efficacy in using chloroquine to treat COVID-19.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-continues-facilitate-development-treatments

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Why are you posting fake news? That is true. If the trials under way, expected to run 6 days, are successful they are planning to expedite availability.

The FDA has been working closely with other government agencies and academic centers that are investigating the use of the drug chloroquine, which is already approved for treating malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, to determine whether it can be used to treat patients with mild-to-moderate COVID-19 to potentially reduce the duration of symptoms, as well as viral shedding, which can help prevent the spread of disease. Studies are underway to determine the efficacy in using chloroquine to treat COVID-19.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-continues-facilitate-development-treatments
    Never Trumpers gonna never Trump, look at Pelosi &Co.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For ****’s sake, I’m now convinced the Dems are flat giddy over this. ALL of Congress HAS to go! This is going to end worse than the Great Depression. There will be bread lines at the end of this. Hopefully Trump decides to go AMA and restart the ****ing country if those *******s in D.C. can’t get their pettiness over with.

I posted a video in the Gen Politics thread.
    The woman that posted about going to a Trump rally and warning the Dems they were out of touch, posted another one about the stuff they were trying to add, and how mad she was.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Not sure what you think is fake, the guy self medicated with pool chemicals and died.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom