Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have read many studies on coivid-19. I have seen clinical cases. The numbers do not support what you are saying. Of those in the ER 1.4% where daily smokers in China,with over 50% of men in China listed as daily smokers. Seems the opposite may be true in clinical case studies as far being a smoker. Meaning it may have less impact on that group. If you have a study of clinical cases or a study showing this impacts smokers I would like you to post it. From what I have read it is not the case.

Just one example.
    https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S2213-2600(20)30117-X

Even in Italy smoking has not even made the list of comorbitities.
    https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronavirus/bollettino/Report-COVID-2019_20_marzo_eng.pdf

Again. I am just asking for evidence,or more precisely how you came to the opinion smokers where more vulnerable?

I don't think he's trying to connect to the two, except to say, "We don't shut down the economy because of smoking related illnesses, so why are we shutting down because of a virus?"

Or, at least that's how I understand Hoosierdoc's argument.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    AG Barr now talking about a "crackdown on hoarders"

new Executive Order to criminalize the hoarding of essential products such as ventilators and face masks for the purpose of manipulating the market and price gouging. Says "it's a crime" that will be investigated by DOJ.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I never really sold ammo. Mostly gunsmithing. But I had a box. Turns out this was a lady. So, I thought I'd do my part.

I do have some 9mm if anyone is really desperate....but if you are an INGO member and desperate, you'll have to take a beating here in the open before I give it up. :)

Oh, I've got a quite comfortable supply, but like my foodstuffs I like to replace what I use to keep the reserves topped up

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    AG Barr now talking about a "crackdown on hoarders"

new Executive Order to criminalize the hoarding of essential products such as ventilators and face masks for the purpose of manipulating the market and price gouging. Says "it's a crime" that will be investigated by DOJ.

Reads more like a crackdown on price gouging for life saving equipment than hoarding.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have this Swedish lady.

Her name is Sven.

Big lady. Deep voice.

You know, there is help for that. I mean....it is an un-natural attraction you know. But you did assume Sven's gender. Like the great philosopher Austin Powers said "That ain't no women, that's a man, man!"

giphy.gif

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Something you should question about your cite. Would the doctors in China and Italy even know if a patient was a smoker? Is it included in their medical records over there? Does China even have individual medical records? Because if they're in the ICU, chances are they weren't interviewing them that extensively

The low numbers for smokers might just indicate data that wasn't captured or thought germane

Do you actually think people here in the U.S. are going to be truthful and fill out forms without lying considering your insurance rates would be higher if you was a smoker? If accused that they was a smoker because of a related medical issue they would simply say it was because of second hand smoke in their work environment.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    We go down in Ohio midnight tonight. Reading the governor's proclamation, it looks like people considered essential lean pretty heavily toward those who make 'stuff'. People considered eesential that provide service are pretty heavily skewed towards medical/pharmacy and providing consumers consumables (grocery, gas stations , hardware etc)

Perhaps a lesson for those attempting to make a job as a barista into a career rather than a stepping stone. We need to get back to making stuff
    I picked up a few gallons at Sherwin Williams today and asked if they’d be open tomorrow. He said “ yep, we’re on the essential list”!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Talking about masks ... Is anyone here wearing them when they have to go out to pick up a few supplies such as krogers or walmart?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom