• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    No doubt. In my AO spreadable margarine (Country Crock, etc) tubs are nonexistent. All you can SOMETIMES find are sticks of vegetable oil spread.(Imperial, Blue Bonnet, et al) . Friday AM there was nothing but butter based products in my Walmart. Saturday AM at the Meijer up the street there was a shipment of Imperial that had arrived. As I approached the case, an older lady in front of me grabbed 10 boxes of it and put them in her cart. 40 sticks of "butter" for one family. Really? That was probably 1/4 of what was on the shelf for one person.Even if it were for a large family, I have a hard time believing this was a reasonable purchase for one week.

If she wasn’t wearing a face mask you could do what they did in the video r45 posted. Drag her out of the store and take the butter for yourself... under the guise of public safety, of course.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    We’re all in this together? Really? If that were really true, there would be toilet paper on the shelves. That there’s not toilet paper on the shelves just shows we’re in this for ourselves.

I think there's a logical reason for why there isn't TP on the shelves.

Nobody is using commercial TP. Seriously, the stuff in the dispensers at schools, restaurants, etc. isn't being used, but people aren't using any less, so there really is an increase in demand on the Charmin, etc.

I would guess that something like 40% or more of the TP used in this country is used in commercial buildings, and that's not happening anymore, so there's a real need for more of the household stuff.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've got some Steramine(?) coming Monday, but I'm going to need to get a spray bottle, and remember to save a gallon milk jug to mix batches.

Awesome. It's good stuff.

Mine should be here Monday also. I already have a Windex spray bottle that only had a ounce or two in it emptied and rinsed out. The Storage one gallon jug is a Heinz White Vinegar jug that I bought to use descaling my coffee maker.

Make sure you rinse out that milk jug really good, milk can leave a film on the inside even after a good rinse.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have to do it.....

HELLOOOOOOOOOO...ooooo..oooo..ooo..oo..o banana.gif

15GaVhT.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If she wasn’t wearing a face mask you could do what they did in the video r45 posted. Drag her out of the store and take the butter for yourself... under the guise of public safety, of course.

It was margarine. Not butter. Margarine is a plasticized hydrocarbon.

Butter comes from cows, not dinosaurs. :)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Nobody is using commercial TP. Seriously, the stuff in the dispensers at schools, restaurants, etc. isn't being used, but people aren't using any less, so there really is an increase in demand on the Charmin, etc.

I would guess that something like 40% or more of the TP used in this country is used in commercial buildings, and that's not happening anymore, so there's a real need for more of the household stuff.
    Yep. Kids used to use the bathroom at school for 7 hours a day, and working people used the bathroom at work for 8-9 hours a day. So instead of using home TP for 16 hours a day, they are now using it 24 hours a day, a 50% increase. The struggle is real (unless you are like me and have enough stockpiled that you don't have to buy it at the store right now.)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just let me have at least 2 more weeks at home.......I have a plan.

Can us "essential" workers get a vacation?
    :)

I've seen people on FB post that essential workers should get "hazardous pay".
    Ummm, we are. It's our paycheck when others aren't getting one.

Also, while we have something around a dozen cases of Whuhan here, there have been no deaths.
    But we just had our first (and hopefully only) death from one of the usual causes. Fall from a height.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Yep. Kids used to use the bathroom at school for 7 hours a day, and working people used the bathroom at work for 8-9 hours a day. So instead of using home TP for 16 hours a day, they are now using it 24 hours a day, a 50% increase. The struggle is real (unless you are like me and have enough stockpiled that you don't have to buy it at the store right now.)

What about countries that don't use TP? They should have excess?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Can us "essential" workers get a vacation?
    :)

I've seen people on FB post that essential workers should get "hazardous pay".
    Ummm, we are. It's our paycheck when others aren't getting one.

Also, while we have something around a dozen cases of Whuhan here, there have been no deaths.
    But we just had our first (and hopefully only) death from one of the usual causes. Fall from a height.

https://www.nwitimes.com/business/l...cle_4ddbc9db-980e-5921-a0f9-d078771af23a.html
    My mistake.
    According to this, we've had our first death from Wuhan.
    Unless they're counting the 20 foot fall as a death from Wuhan.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

If you're pooping 24 hours a day, you should probably see a doctor. Maybe think about some Kaopectate or Immodium too. ;)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It would have been easier, quicker, nicer, to just give that dude a surgical mask.Problem solved. :dunno:

That was in Philadelphia Sylvain. The city that prides itself on having thrown snowballs at Santa Claus.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner

All the more reason to turn this thing back on. It’s much bigger than TP, we have huge amounts of food that was headed towards restaurants, caterers, entertainment events that’s literally being dumped in landfills while shelves in supermarkets are bare and being rationed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom