• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can anyone explain to me how with so few seats in WH press room now there is a reporter from a Chinese Hong Kong based media outlet, owned by a former Chi-com colonel! Is asking questions directly to our President? I guarantee no America first publication gets to ask the Chinese leader questions...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Dr. Fauci has been so wrong on several things.

He claimed AIDS might be transmissible by routine close contact. He predicted that heterosexuals 10% of HIV would be heterosexuals, two and a half times the actual rate.

In January he told Newsmax the US did not have to worry about Coronavirus.

He based his predictions on models then told reporters that you really can't rely on models.

I could list more but you get the idea.

Dr. Birx is pushing the IHME model which is funded by Bill Gates using NY and NJ data and applying it to the rest of the country. The good doctor is a board member of Gates funded foundation. Oops, think conflict of interest? After years of hearing complaints about doctors in the pocket of drug companies here is a doctor making prescription for the entire country based on a organization she works for...

These are just people, fallible ordinary people, with built in bias and of course follow the money, maybe personal but often for research that they make money from as well as get to do what they enjoy.

Are we just taking their word for it and shutting down our economy?

If Peter Navarro had been listened to,we would not be here.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/navarro-warning-trump-coronavirus.html

Some of your points are true,some are not. For example Seattle was the basis for US data on who would need a ventilator originally and during the beta data from China was used.
    As for shutting down the economy no it is not just 3 peoples word. No state in the USA was shut down by them. They advised it and governors made choices,not just on that advise but all information available to them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Calling a virus the name from where it originated is significantly different than calling a human being by their race. You’re attempting to make an issue where there is none.
    Yep.

Most foreign countries are mostly a certain ethnic group too. America is a mixing pot but a lot of other countries are not.

I dont know where we got in our heads that referring to a race is derogatory or "racist". Oh yeah I do. Liberals. Whackos.
    The real people who wish to divide us.
    Look, China is the damn enemy of our country. It's full of Chinese people. No matter what they look like.
    If you happen to be of Chinese heritage and live in the U.S. and want to be American or are American by birth and act like it then AWESOME! You are American.
    If you support the Chinese govt then you are the enemy.
    Can it be put any clearer than that?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How do we judge the integrity or quality of anonymous posts on the internet? And via the wayback machine?

I'm sorry, but I'd like some more information before labeling that article "excellent" or even "trustworthy."

Didn't you see all the citations?

It probably got deleted because the mass media wants to cover it up.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Can anyone explain to me how with so few seats in WH press room now there is a reporter from a Chinese Hong Kong based media outlet, owned by a former Chi-com colonel! Is asking questions directly to our President? I guarantee no America first publication gets to ask the Chinese leader questions...

Ultimately, I think the president's staff decides. There's a White House press corps that act kinda like a mini-union about some of these things, based on historical protocol. I read recently that the press corps was limiting who could get in so they could keep a "social distance," but Trump kept letting in a friendly reporter.

Suffice it to say that if POTUS didn't want the Chinese reporter there, then the reporter wouldn't be there.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ultimately, I think the president's staff decides. There's a White House press corps that act kinda like a mini-union about some of these things, based on historical protocol. I read recently that the press corps was limiting who could get in so they could keep a "social distance," but Trump kept letting in a friendly reporter.

Suffice it to say that if POTUS didn't want the Chinese reporter there, then the reporter wouldn't be there.

Kind of like Jim Acosta?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    In South Korea they found only 3% of those tested were positive, with a 1.9% death rate. I believe South Korea has the highest percentage of population tested sick or not so far. If I'm wrong let me know. I'm trying to patch together the little information I'm finding from SK. I think they would be a better country to get a percentage sample from.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I can't speak for the government, but in business my experiences with the chinese has been that it's a one way street, they play the game to win. Very sensitive to intellectual property and the acquisition/development of it, I've seen many cases where the chinese will go to great lengths, legal and otherwise, to gather information. On their end they will cut off access to things that they develop there, even if it's under the umbrella of a multinational operating in china. Recent case in point of Akzo, a dutch company, developing several promising chemicals for work that I'm involved in but being unable to sell these to any company that isn't chinese owned. I'm amused sometimes when people think that US law firms can somehow bring the chinese to the bar of justice, in china the law begins and ends with the communist party.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    How do we judge the integrity or quality of anonymous posts on the internet? And via the wayback machine?

I'm sorry, but I'd like some more information before labeling that article "excellent" or even "trustworthy."

Well, there was an earlier posted link that mentioned the iron displacement and such. This article was easier to read and easier to follow. The basics were the same and also touched on what you were stating ealier about ARDS.

Just putting some thoughts together from what I have read here. It makes sense to me.....not that it should matter to anyone else how I feel....but it makes me feel good. becauseI can visualize that process. I am NOT stating this is the solution, but it is excellent because it makes sense....to me; and may be a solid beginning to a solution.

I think it's a good thing....maybe not excellent, but good.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Kind of like Jim Acosta?

Yeah, he got kicked out a while ago, right?

Well, there was an earlier posted link that mentioned the iron displacement and such. This article was easier to read and easier to follow. The basics were the same and also touched on what you were stating ealier about ARDS.

Just putting some thoughts together from what I have read here. It makes sense to me.....not that it should matter to anyone else how I feel....but it makes me feel good. becauseI can visualize that process. I am NOT stating this is the solution, but it is excellent because it makes sense....to me; and may be a solid beginning to a solution.

I think it's a good thing.

Fair 'nuff. :) Marketplace of ideas.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Ignoring a man's name is not racist. It is not polite, but not racist no matter what acceptable way you use to identify who you are refering to. The person I can not stand, I still refer to by his name. I do not buy into all the fake racist talk. If we treated each other how we wanted to be treated, there wouldn't be any problems with superiority complexes.

Agreed. That's what I said. It's disrespectful, and it is using race to be disrespectful. If someone is looking for racism, using race to be disrespectful is something that is going to be latched onto.

Personally, I don't want to be in a position of having to defend a disrespectful way of saying something when there are several ways to communicate the same idea that doesn't disparage anyone.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, he got kicked out a while ago, right?

Fair 'nuff. :) Marketplace of ideas.

Nope, the court put him back in even though he was kicked out for bad behavior to fellow reporters...

I believe the White House correspondent group oversees who gets in and a lottery is currently being run due to so few seats with social distancing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Agreed. That's what I said. It's disrespectful, and it is using race to be disrespectful. If someone is looking for racism, using race to be disrespectful is something that is going to be latched onto.

Personally, I don't want to be in a position of having to defend a disrespectful way of saying something when there are several ways to communicate the same idea that doesn't disparage anyone.

So if it originated in London and we called it the English flu that would be racist?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Indiana had 536 new confirmed cases 4/5/2020,the highest number of new cases so far for the state.
    Governors are in charge,5 states still have no stay at home orders.
    Florida has mayors that are for sure not following the governor and keeping beaches open.

The CDC,White House ect are only offering suggestions,and mention that daily. It all falls to governors.

Out of curiosity: is that number based on date reported, or date infected?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Nope, the court put him back in even though he was kicked out for bad behavior to fellow reporters...

I believe the White House correspondent group oversees who gets in and a lottery is currently being run due to so few seats with social distancing.

I read someplace that the WH is giving a reporter access regardless of what the press corps says. Seems like it was a Breitbart-style news site, but I can't remember.

Totally not a big deal IMHO, though. Like, I've got 99 problems, but worrying about who is left out of the WH press corps cool kids club ain't one.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Agree with these two, and qwerty.

Also, yesterday again failed to set a new peak in deaths, although it was close.

On 3/31, the number of daily deaths first surpassed 900 (912). Since then, the average has been 1104, with a max of 1,322 and a low of 912. (BTW, the average of those 2 are 1,117, which isn't that much different, so there aren't really any outliers.) Even if you exclude the min/max, the average is 1,099. So, the numbers are pretty solidly flat over the last week.

Another positive sign is that we are moving from a 3-day doubling in deaths to about 5. That's a really good sign, too.

It is by no means over, but the things we are doing are having an impact.

One note of bad news, the critical cases appear to be growing steadily. Even taking into account some of those cases resolve each day, the net number keeps growing. If the pace of resolution that I've read about continues, we are still in for 1k deaths per day for at least the next few days.

I've got a bad feeling about where today's numbers are going. Hopefully, it'll be an aberration/outlier.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    So if it originated in London and we called it the English flu that would be racist?

In this fantasy, do we have a president who is constantly telling us about that the U.K. is our greatest enemy, and do we have a history of de jure racism against English immigrants? If so, yeah, I think it would be disrespectful to call a virus that. Context and subtext are related.

This little side discussion clearly isn't going anywhere. I'm willing to move along if you all will.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom