Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Rep points awarded.

There are FOR profit hospitals as well that dont qualify as charitable organizations. But it does not matter. Orange man is evil we have been told time and time again and facts mean nothing to the Ds who just want him gone.

He could personally find the cure to c-virus all cancers, remove us from our china dependence and still the Ds will NOT accept it.

Zeus's could come down and tell the world this is his son and the Ds would say must be an illegitimate child since you are only NOW claiming him.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    A healthy amount of doubt and scepticism is definitely needed in these times. It is just as important to not let that doubt reinforce a preconceived opinion.

Doubting Thomas was healed. Denying Thomas would not have been.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [h=2]Review: Indiana Attorney General – local home rule limits must be followed when implementing local public health policies[/h]
    In an Official Opinion, the Indiana Attorney General explains why local political subdivisions cannot restrict firearm sales during an emergency declaration.
    Following reports that local political authorities were deeming the dealers of firearms and ammunition nonessential during a pandemic, a request was made to the Attorney General to clarify the scope of authority of local government to regulate firearms and ammunition sale under state law. The Attorney General determined that Indiana “home rule” laws did not allow restrictions by local government entities, for the following reasons:

• The governor’s Executive Order outlining the parameters of the stay at home rules deemed “firearm and ammunition suppliers” as essential businesses/operations;
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Security recommendations for essential services listed firearm or ammunition retailers on their list, and that list was incorporated into the Executive Order;
    • Indiana’s home rule law explicitly prohibits political subdivisions from regulating commerce in firearms and ammunition;
    • Indiana disaster laws explicitly include similar prohibitions.
    • https://indianactsi.org/community/monon-collaborative/covid-19/lit-review/

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So this morning I went through the circle of silliness. Last week I had all the signs. Mild, but there. I was working from home. Called in to the pre-screening hotline. They ask a series of quesitons, then tell you that "Yep, you probably got it. Stay home, drink liquids, wash your hands yadda yadda. If it gets worse we can do a prescreen to determine whether you qualify to be tested." So, basically, most people aren't getting tested unless its life threatening. So we have no idea the actual numbers of cases. This skews the mortality rate and the rate of infection (spread) because we just don't have the data.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This will lead to over reporting of Covid-19

Should “COVID
    -19” be reported on the death certificate only with a confirmed test?
    COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or isassumed to have caused or contributed to death. Certifiers should include as much detail as possible basedon their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc. If the decedent had other chronicconditions such as COPD or asthma that may have also contributed, these conditions can be reported in PartII. (See attached Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/...w-ICD-code-introduced-for-COVID-19-deaths.pdf

No one is talking about going out an kissing everyone in the community because this is over.

BUT....the data isn't adding up yet. We still don't have what appears to be adequate and reliable testing for the genral population. I'm glad to see that Boston and Cleveland are going to do some sampling.

But looking at the charts noted by Doc above, along with the charts like the one below.....it gives one pause.

chart1-1.jpg

Isnt it interesting to see the CDC instructions in graph form...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Imagine people in New York State forming "minute men". watching National Guard Armories. Watching hospitals.
    Then calling.
    Imagine National Guardsman finding themselves surrounded by veterans with more combat experience.
    Could get real ugly, real quick.

Didn't we already have some hyped up standoff when Whiskey River Rebellion went to the [STRIKE]airwaves[/STRIKE] fiber-waves with his fake proclamation?

EDIT: Can't remember the exact name of that instragrammer.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I am related to people who work in schools.

Shutting those down did more to prevent the spread of flu than vaccinations.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This will lead to over reporting of Covid-19

Should “COVID
    -19” be reported on the death certificate only with a confirmed test?
    COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or isassumed to have caused or contributed to death. Certifiers should include as much detail as possible basedon their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc. If the decedent had other chronicconditions such as COPD or asthma that may have also contributed, these conditions can be reported in PartII. (See attached Guidance for Certifying COVID-19 Deaths)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/...w-ICD-code-introduced-for-COVID-19-deaths.pdf

No one is talking about going out an kissing everyone in the community because this is over.

BUT....the data isn't adding up yet. We still don't have what appears to be adequate and reliable testing for the genral population. I'm glad to see that Boston and Cleveland are going to do some sampling.

But looking at the charts noted by Doc above, along with the charts like the one below.....it gives one pause.

chart1-1.jpg

Isnt it interesting to see the CDC instructions in graph form...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hopefully next year we will be better prepared. If we don’t make changes to our lives after this, and the government doesn’t better prepare for future outbreaks, then frankly we deserve it. I’m hoping some good comes of this, and that good would be everybody keeping stocks of food, medical supplies, waters, etc. and the government keeping tabs on our medical devices and personnel. One can hope

Not sure more government, and the bureaucracy that that requires is the way to go. Maybe a government mandated 'stress test' on critical supplies, implemented by the states, in order to be able to receive medicare reimbursement (the stick). If every hospital had been required to have a 3 month supply of PPE in safe storage, the lightly impacted rural areaas could send some supplies to hard hit areas and the feds could ramp up production to help replace those supplies

Also, I'm reading (not corroborated so far) that even though China is the largest manufacturer of PPE they also ordered several billion additional protective masks from other global suppliers during the weeks they knew they had a problem and before they acknowledged that to the world. They need to pay a price for what amounts to opportunistic germ warfare

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Took the weekend off of INGO and didn't really go back over the last few pages.

Quick observations:
    - Caught some of the Surgeon General comments over the weekend. I like that guy. He's doing a good job IMHO of staying apolitical and focusing on the message. I'm not sure what a promotion is from Surgeon General, but he should get it.

- I think we're flattening the curve. Or, to put it another way, the increase in deaths attributed to the virus is slowing. We're extending the days-to-double on the deaths, and we're tracking under 1.25x on daily death increases. Also, the IHME model is tending to over-estimate daily deaths. Now, there could be many reasons for this, including better understanding by medical professionals how to treat this, so people are dying/recovering more slowly. Lots of variables on that, so I'm just stating the observation.

- Italy experienced a peak death day on 3/27 and has had some ups and down since then, but not exceeded it. We were supposedly a week or so behind Italy. Our peak death day (so far) was 4/3. That's almost exactly 7 days later. That bodes well.

Looking back at the unfrozen caveman statistical model from last week, we're roughly a day "later" than predicted. So that's good.

All the talk of this being an important week is true, but only in the observational sense. That is, the REALLY important week was 2-3 weeks ago when people really needed to change their behavior. We're now going to see how effective that was/is.
    Thanks for the update. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

chart1-1.jpg

It would seem that indeed every sort of death will be blamed on CoVid 19 currently. A more interesting question would be why that curve gets flatter and broader, the results social distancing are supposed to achieve, sequentially in past flu seasons without social distancing being implemented. Something going on with the numbers? Better Flu vaccines?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is quite stunning.
    The government models used to predict the extent of the coronavirus pandemic are off by huge margins in the latest coronavirus tracking numbers.

The current government predictions reported by Covid Tracking (https://covidtracking.com/data/ ) for Apr 5th show:

– All beds needed: 179,267
    – ICU beds needed: 33,176
    – Invasive ventilators: 26,544

covid-model-600x455.jpg

Those were the predictions.
    The actual numbers as recorded at The Covid Tracking Project

– Actual hospitalizations: 22,158
    – In ICU: 5,207
    – On ventilator: 656​

For those who like to roll their own models, the Covid Tracking project has an api. I wish the payload were JSON, but I guess if yer gonna model it in Excel, CSV is more spreadsheet friendly.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    For those who like to roll their own models, the Covid Tracking project has an api. I wish the payload were JSON, but I guess if yer gonna model it in Excel, CSV is more spreadsheet friendly.
    Just put .json at the end instead of csv

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No. It's not THE flu.

But, flu data is available. And the way all of the data comes together so far...gives one pause. That's all I'm saying.

WHONPHL13_small.gif

Can you explain the pause it gives you? We had a death in family. Not covid related and not unexpected except for bad timing, but I've been away from media the past few days. Just trying to catch up with which parts of the sky have actually fallen vs what was projected to fall.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    People are isolating themselves in a way I have never seen before (and I am pretty old).
    People are not clustering in public as much as normal.
    Schools are closed, restaurants are closed to inside seating, sporting events are cancelled.
    People are washing their hands more than normal.
    People are practicing physical distancing more than normal.
    People are wearing masks more than normal.
    People are staying home from work when they have symptoms more than normal.
    People are quarantining themselves when they have symptoms more than normal.

Then when the flu numbers and pneumonia numbers are lower than normal they start thinking conspiracy theories.
    Duh.
    OF COURSE those numbers are lower than normal. Those are contagious diseases and the measures in place will reduce contagious diseases a lot.

If, in other years, we isolated ourselves like we are doing this year, the flu numbers would be much lower for those years as well. I just don't see some big nasty government plot to deceive the people. (Certainly there will be some of that going on, there always is, because some people are just plain deceitful by nature and apparently this type likes to run for offices.)

I also believe there is an aggressive policy in place to diagnose most respiratory infections as COVID-19. Sometimes even when it is unconfirmed, but they probably are COVID-19 since this is the most contagious thing around now. I don't know how this affects the numbers yet, nobody does, but I doubt if it contributes a whole lot to the reduction in flu numbers or pneumonia numbers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Misappropriation of campaign funds will be the cause for impeachment number three.

Facts are helpful. /Campaign committees can give gifts to charity. The amount donated to a charitable organization cannot be used for purposes that personally benefit the candidate.

LOL.

“Orange man used the meals as a bribe to boost his support numbers before the election.“ -Pelosi

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom