• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In Mishawaka, across from Marian High School, along Dragoon Trail, is a HUGE property owned by the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration.

"Allegedly" it's a convent.

I've driven past it my whole life and have always questioned exactly why a convent would require a barbed wire fence angled to the inside...

Or, is it for something else...:shady:

That's not just any barbed wire, that's Holy Barbed Wire.

All the demons and spirits that have been exorcised get trapped there. Think of it like a real life proton pack.

;)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    There are FOR profit hospitals as well that dont qualify as charitable organizations. But it does not matter. Orange man is evil we have been told time and time again and facts mean nothing to the Ds who just want him gone.

He could personally find the cure to c-virus all cancers, remove us from our china dependence and still the Ds will NOT accept it.

Zeus's could come down and tell the world this is his son and the Ds would say must be an illegitimate child since you are only NOW claiming him.

I'm sorry, Show me a hospital that has as a No Profit STATUS, and I'll show you a hospital that screws people with over charges.

Take for example the Sisters of St. Francis Hospitals. When you charge 89.00 dollars for a 60 cent glucose test strip, $80.00 for 4 towels, phantom physical therapy charges (like a physical therapy charge 15 minutes after you had a heart cath) and numerous other things, they are not a non profit hospital, they are clearly for profit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with you in principle, but lines have to be drawn somewhere. For instance, there is a car wash in the area with, usually, 2 people who scrub with brushes before the automatic part and 2 or 3 who towel off...that would be a no go. It would be very onerous to have law enforcement trying to discern what is a low-risk versus higher business.

Sure. Lines have to be drawn somewhere. I think there are more intelligent places to draw the lines than where they've been drawn. Is ice cream really "essential"? Ice cream shops are classified as restaurants so as long as they have a drive through or delivery, they're good to go. They're not "essential" though. I think it's arguable that restaurants generally aren't essential either. The line we've drawn giveth and taketh away mostly indiscriminately.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The American Medical Association has weighed in on the coronavirus strategy:
    The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
    The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.
    Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
    Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!” The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.
    Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow. The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter.”
    The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.
    Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no. In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the a******s in Washington.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Something I've thought of over the weekend. I had some bird**** on my truck. It was a nice day, and I was going about some "essential" errands, so I thought I'd take it to Mike's carwash to clean it up. With some other things going on, I didn't have time to wash it myself. But mother****er! Mike's carwash is closed because it's a non-essential business.

This is where I think they're getting it wrong. I don't think "essential business" is the only criterion which should be used to decide. I think it should also be whether the business can continue at low risk. Mike's is pretty low risk, or they could be. It doesn't appear to me that the employees are in close contact at all. There's a money-taker, and an operator. And they're quite far apart. If nothing else, they could limit their business to the unlimited subscriber customers. You wouldn't even need to roll down your window. They just scan in the barcode on your windshield. But with not much more risk they could wrap a process around serving other customers to mitigate risk as well.

Point is, I think there are a lot of businesses which could open up without adding enough risk to affect the curve. As someone mentioned earlier, probably closing down the schools had the biggest impact. Well, closing down restaurants' and bars' in-house operations did a lot too. But they're finding ways to stay open. Drive-through, delivery, etcetera. I just think "essential" isn't the right or only criterion.

99%+ of the pre-soak,soak,and waxes are made in what country?

China of course.

How much supply do you think is available? My guess is roughly 2-3 months of normal usage,possibly slightly more. With the average shipping time from China via ship being 31 days,once they actually start producing again.

Maersk has a whole 3 ships waiting to be loaded in China currently,much less than the 58 it was averaging in January 2020. They share this information publicly,and it is nearly the same everywhere with blank sailing and ships being placed in temporary mooring zones.Less than 1/10 of the largest shipping fleet in the world is even moving.
    https://www.maersk.com/news/articles/2020/04/02/latest-update-about-covid-19-from-vincent-clerc

Why do I keep pointing things like this out?

Because this will not be over in a month. It most likely will not be over in a year.

I doubt your car wash would be operating normally even if it was allowed(at least not for long).

A part of me wonders if the shutdown,at least in part was to give supply lines time to catch up to demand.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How many of those National Guardsmen are from NYC and "downstate"?

More likely, he's going to be calling up guys to raid hospitals in their own stomping grounds. Ideally, you'll see some NYNG people refusing an illegal order.

Or you could be seeing equipment malfunctions.
    HMMVs that mysteriously won't start.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So this morning I went through the circle of silliness. Last week I had all the signs. Mild, but there. I was working from home. Called in to the pre-screening hotline. They ask a series of quesitons, then tell you that "Yep, you probably got it. Stay home, drink liquids, wash your hands yadda yadda. If it gets worse we can do a prescreen to determine whether you qualify to be tested." So, basically, most people aren't getting tested unless its life threatening. So we have no idea the actual numbers of cases. This skews the mortality rate and the rate of infection (spread) because we just don't have the data.

Good luck to you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Didn't we already have some hyped up standoff when Whiskey River Rebellion went to the [STRIKE]airwaves[/STRIKE] fiber-waves with his fake proclamation?

EDIT: Can't remember the exact name of that instragrammer.

I also can't remember that as being an order from a Governor, or that the Nat'l Guard was going to possibly be used to seize equipment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    99%+ of the pre-soak,soak,and waxes are made in what country?

China of course.

How much supply do you think is available? My guess is roughly 2-3 months of normal usage,possibly slightly more. With the average shipping time from China via ship being 31 days,once they actually start producing again.

Maersk has a whole 3 ships waiting to be loaded in China currently,much less than the 58 it was averaging in January 2020. They share this information publicly,and it is nearly the same everywhere with blank sailing and ships being placed in temporary mooring zones.Less than 1/10 of the largest shipping fleet in the world is even moving.
    https://www.maersk.com/news/articles/2020/04/02/latest-update-about-covid-19-from-vincent-clerc

Why do I keep pointing things like this out?

Because this will not be over in a month. It most likely will not be over in a year.

I doubt your car wash would be operating normally even if it was allowed(at least not for long).

A part of me wonders if the shutdown,at least in part was to give supply lines time to catch up to demand.
    It’s not about Mike’s specifically. I don’t know what their supply chain looks like. To close because if that is a business decision. I’m talking about, if we’re going to shut things down on a longer term basis, it’s time to adjust the criteria for which businesses can operate with less risk. And of course supply lines will give businesses causes to close other than the government telling them they have to shut down. It’s not that cause I’m addressing, and it’s not just car washes. It’s any businesses which can figure out how to mitigate the risks enough to to be open. Like restaurants, maybe that means the businesses can offer limited services.

Also, recreational activities should be considered. People are talking about banning fishing, for ****’s sake! I’m not an avid fisherman, so I don’t have a dog in that fight, other than, it’s unnecessary. I can see some rules around it, and no, there’s not likely to be stickling enforcement thereof. But it’s not a particularly risky activity inherently. I’d say, **** it. Let people go fishing. Especially if they’re eating what they’re catching.

I’d even say, I think the DNR should reopen the clark state forest gun range. There I think the closure is more about the enforcement, they don’t want people coming into the office to sign in. Maybe there are better ways to handle that. Being at the range there is not really that big a risk, IMHO, other than the normal risk of idiots behaving badly with firearms.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Also, recreational activities should be considered. People are talking about banning fishing, for ****’s sake! I’m not an avid fisherman, so I don’t have a dog in that fight, other than, it’s unnecessary. I can see some rules around it, and no, there’s not likely to be stickling enforcement thereof. But it’s not a particularly risky activity inherently. I’d say, **** it. Let people go fishing. Especially if they’re eating what they’re catching.

Washington state banned all recreational fishing 12 days ago.

https://www.heraldnet.com/sports/statewide-fishing-ban-ordered-by-washington-wildlife-managers/

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom