• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So I was doing some angry googling , just random basic statistics mostly.

The Hubei Providence in which Wuhan is the most populated city in that particular Providence has roughly 58.5 Chi-Coms living in it with the actual city home to over 11 million of said Chi-Coms.

China is reporting that they only had roughly 82,000 cases of COVID-19 with around 3,300 deaths. BUT I have been reading that the communists are reporting more confirmed cases as of today.

Here is the interesting bit IMHO, Italy has a population of roughly 60.5 Million, not really that far off population size compared to the Hubei Providence. BUT Italy is reporting 124,000+ cases with 15,000 dead.

Do the Chinese really believe the world is so stupid that we believe these numbers? They dirty communists literally want the rest of the world to believe somehow they basically got away with barley a scratch while it is ****ing the rest of the world.

And that's just pretending that Covid-19 ONLY stayed in the Hubei Providence and didn't spread to the rest of the 1.368 BILLION other communists.

Them living under a communist regime doesn't make all Chinese citizens communists.
    Same way not all Germans were Nazis during WW2. :twocents:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You are correct that parents are a part of the problem but it actually is a society problem and many parents are not educated enough to raise their kids. The society problem can be laid directly at the feet of the moral relativism taught by the liberal arts generations past and present. That must change, somebody has to teach those whose parents were not taught...
    Agree, it's obvious that many parents today were never shown any meaningful skills. Hey check it out we can blame the boomers again!

Does moral relativism teaching go out the window when things get hard enough? Like you actually have to grow your own food?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    meh.
    Sounds defeatist to me.
    Sure, it's a thing, but so is "raise up a child in the way he should go and when he is older he shall not depart from it". It starts with parents, trust me, my wife is a kindergarten teacher, and it needs to start with the parents.
    You are always going to have and need those alternative points of view, and some will latch on to them. A thinking person will be forced to choose what they believe is right, and I believe we as a society have become so soft and coasted so long that no one that doesn't want to has to choose the best answer even if it's not the easy answer. Just look at the welfare state we have, people rewarded for making the wrong choice. It's immoral to not support your fellow man in need but it's also immoral to enable continued bad behavior. This relates to the beer bug in that this is a opportunity for those who have not had the pleasure of making hard choices to get some practice.
    If this crises can get spun so that people believe that bigger government is not the answer that would be very helpful.

You took a circuitous route but ended up saying the same thing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Agree, it's obvious that many parents today were never shown any meaningful skills. Hey check it out we can blame the boomers again!

Does moral relativism teaching go out the window when things get hard enough? Like you actually have to grow your own food?

Electronic society vs. mechanical society. If you understand code but don't know the difference between a lathe and a milling machine...........

Many/some boomers can fix just about anything that breaks....as long as it doesn't primarily rely on microchips.

Many/most post-boomers replace just about anything that breaks.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I still don't understand how this is going to stop without some form of tight border control. Assuming that we get through this round, what is to stop the endless stream of illegals who may be carrying the virus from starting this all over again endlessly.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I still don't understand how this is going to stop without some form of tight border control. Assuming that we get through this round, what is to stop the endless stream of illegals who may be carrying the virus from starting this all over again endlessly.

I think we can rule out dumocraps.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Moral relativism should never have been started, it is just "feelings" driven BS. There is a right and a wrong...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

My largest question where we are right now is where is the RO at? I think it is most likely still over 1,but masks will help with that.

If we can not get the RO to below 1 we are looking at dealing with this for 12-18 months. Things like rotating shutdowns ect.

I still remember the early studies out of Taiwan showing a 33% hospital admission rate,and that age was not much of a factor. Age only factored into deaths.

I know the world is still learning...but much about this has been known only to be dismissed and then learned again.

The goal should be RO below one,asap. It is not going to work if people think going to the grocery store 3 times a week is ok. Or hanging out...or governors opening beaches again.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    The data was updated last night, but I did make some changes to the mapping at https://twnwi.com/. I added all US data to the maps so you can get a better feel about the county-by-county data across the country. The data is heat mapped, so green to red depending on the daily increase of deaths or cases.

I am not sure exactly how the data is calculated, when you look at New York, there are no cases or deaths in Queens, so I am guessing they are in the New York count. It is still a pretty good visual as to what is going on nationally.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Nobody's criticizing you for that little thing, and you kind of make the point that there is significant costs to holding inventory, taxed or not.

Absolutely. Taxes aside, someone has to build the warehouse, maintain the facility and pay staff to keep it up. Many businesses own their own warehouses, but many do not. They outsource the storage and fulfillment to other companies. All of that costs money.

Anyone who has worked in manufacturing knows that keeping excess inventory is a huge cost. It's why companies have dozens of Six Sigma black belts all involved in supply chain projects to create "efficencies."

It's not realistic for corporations to have millions or billions of dollars tied up in inventory during normal times. But moving forward I think businesses will look at ways to strike a better balance.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    EU2zHT5XgAIhIdd

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It would be handy to see a ranking of the states based on how they reacted or how seriously they took the warnings/separation measures. I don't see any trends in this but could easily miss something.

That would be interesting. The R0 at this point is a measure of a combination of state precautions taken and the compliance.

It looks like a lot of states have room for a lot more infections and there is mounting pressure to ease restrictions already. That won't end well.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    If you take out new york(113,704) and new jersey(34,124) - nobody else is over 15,000 positives.

Look at the numbers tested though,especially in NYC.

I remember the running joke for awhile on social media was "Can not have cases if you do not test for cases". In short mocking the lack of testing as a deliberate way to under count cases.

You have to remember back on February 5th the cdc said in less than a week 100 labs nation wide would be testing(and sent out test kits that where flawed). Here we are 4/5/2020 and we have 91 labs nation wide currently testing,and most at limited capacity due to things like shortages of reagent or swabs.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You can’t really say “% positive” unless the entire state is tested. Numbers will naturally look bad. I’m betting most of the test in Indiana for example are performed in Indianapolis, which will naturally have a higher rate of infection than somewhere like, say, Spencer.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And before anyone says it, yes, I understand it is percent of those tested. My issue is what I stated. Indianapolis is the primary testing location for Indiana residents. Indianapolis is also where the virus will be most widespread in the state, so the % of tested to infected will naturally be higher. If you tested everyone in Spencer, I’m betting the % would be half or less.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom