• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I agree it would be nice but not realistic. You would have to test everybody again and again every time you wanted to update the numbers, which means daily most places. They would never spring for that even if it were possible.
    Agree. We’ll never have a truly accurate way to compare infected vs non infected. I doubt we will even know after this is over, considering a lot probably had it and didn’t know it, and most of those that did won’t go get tested when this is done “just to see”.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This is how tyranny creeps into our democracy and why guns are so important to possibly fight against it if needed!

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coro...0200403-x54uffc44zagtoj3uadzcgxoze-story.html

In New York State Governor Cuomo has ordered the seizure of ventilators from private hospitals and others to be shifted to New York city. He says, "
    If they want to sue me for borrowing their excess ventilators to save lives, let them sue me.”

He was praised by the hospital association for doing this. Naturally, the national guard will be the ones going around to collect the equipment.

Thus begins the acceptance of tyranny and the voiding of private property rights because the fear and panic that has been induced by the media AND idiots on social media has overwhelmed the herds respect for liberty.

I am NOT saying this is the take over of our country by a tyrant, but I am saying this is exactly how it will start! There will be a real or perceived crisis, as there is now with the Coronavirus, and people will be terrified of the course they are on. So then a politician, probably the president, takes some extreme measures to alleviate the problem at the expense of liberty and constitutional protections. And all of a sudden a little freedom is gone. Temporarily, we're told...

The citizens of New York City are not more important than the rural citizens of New York State. They are not less important either. But the rural citizens may soon need those ventilators as well and will have none thanks to Tyrant Cuomo seizing them for the short sighted view of focusing on New York City.

I cannot imagine the NG showing up in rural New York to be greeted by about 100 armed citizens who say, "No, you cannot have our ventilators. Our children were born here, our grandparents and spouses are in there now and they may need the ventilators. Go away." I cannot perceive a national guard unit pushing the issue too much. Not today. But in future event? And when I say citizens, let us not imagine shop owners and farmers, but veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Men and women who have actual combat experience, who are familiar with asymmetrical warfare and urban combat. That is a measurable percentage of our population now.

This isn't the beginning here. But I do believe this is how it begins. It will be a food shortage, or another pandemic, or a crisis of some kind where the federal government moves to take some sort of action that strips away at liberty.

And we let them...:(

Regards,

Doug
    I don't think we have to worry too much about the NG.
    The blue helmets maybe... especially after what GodfearinGuntotin happens.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Orally administered zinc has been shown to directly stimulate food intake via neuropeptide in the hypothalamus. Therefore, zinc administration may potentially be used to treat taste disorders, as well as several other diseases by stimulating feeding.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23305423
    This explains a lot. I was pounding down the zinc among others while I had a cold a few weeks ago and have done nothing but eat and gain weight during this lockdown; correlation/causeation blah blah blah whatever.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Be patient.
    I’m sure it doesn’t need to be explained to you that there is a delay in deaths, we’re just getting this party started, etc?
    Will you change your opinion when the beer bug claims 200k?

So you are saying this Wuhan virus is going to infect 5x the amount of people and cause 5x the amount of deaths that the common flu does? So basically 150 million people in the United States alone will be infected to bring about those statistics. Not going to happen. If it does I'll say I'm wrong. Right now Wuhan isn't even close to the common flu.

I still think this is the biggest overreaction of human history.

It might be a power play to bring America a new form of government as well.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    So you are saying this Wuhan virus is going to infect 5x the amount of people and cause 5x the amount of deaths that the common flu does? So basically 150 million people in the United States alone will be infected to bring about those statistics. Not going to happen. If it does I'll say I'm wrong. Right now Wuhan isn't even close to the common flu.

I still think this is the biggest overreaction of human history.

It might be a power play to bring America a new form of government as well.
    I was going to post this link here anyway and your response is the perfect place to do it. Just a very good article by Kissinger.

The ultimate test will be whether the virus’s spread can be arrested and then reversed in a manner and at a scale that maintains public confidence in Americans’ ability to govern themselves

the-coronavirus-pandemic-will-forever-alter-the-world-order

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    This is how tyranny creeps into our democracy and why guns are so important to possibly fight against it if needed!

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coro...0200403-x54uffc44zagtoj3uadzcgxoze-story.html

In New York State Governor Cuomo has ordered the seizure of ventilators from private hospitals and others to be shifted to New York city. He says, "
    If they want to sue me for borrowing their excess ventilators to save lives, let them sue me.”

He was praised by the hospital association for doing this. Naturally, the national guard will be the ones going around to collect the equipment.

Thus begins the acceptance of tyranny and the voiding of private property rights because the fear and panic that has been induced by the media AND idiots on social media has overwhelmed the herds respect for liberty.

I am NOT saying this is the take over of our country by a tyrant, but I am saying this is exactly how it will start! There will be a real or perceived crisis, as there is now with the Coronavirus, and people will be terrified of the course they are on. So then a politician, probably the president, takes some extreme measures to alleviate the problem at the expense of liberty and constitutional protections. And all of a sudden a little freedom is gone. Temporarily, we're told...

The citizens of New York City are not more important than the rural citizens of New York State. They are not less important either. But the rural citizens may soon need those ventilators as well and will have none thanks to Tyrant Cuomo seizing them for the short sighted view of focusing on New York City.

I cannot imagine the NG showing up in rural New York to be greeted by about 100 armed citizens who say, "No, you cannot have our ventilators. Our children were born here, our grandparents and spouses are in there now and they may need the ventilators. Go away." I cannot perceive a national guard unit pushing the issue too much. Not today. But in future event? And when I say citizens, let us not imagine shop owners and farmers, but veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Men and women who have actual combat experience, who are familiar with asymmetrical warfare and urban combat. That is a measurable percentage of our population now.

This isn't the beginning here. But I do believe this is how it begins. It will be a food shortage, or another pandemic, or a crisis of some kind where the federal government moves to take some sort of action that strips away at liberty.

And we let them...:(

Regards,

Doug

If the NG shows up armed, I doubt they will have any ammunition. If they do, they'll have 7 rounds each as required by NY state law.

Seriously, though, they will likely not have any ammunition. They may not even have weapons.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    This explains a lot. I was pounding down the zinc among others while I had a cold a few weeks ago and have done nothing but eat and gain weight during this lockdown; correlation/causeation blah blah blah whatever.

So, we are going to blame the zinc?:rolleyes: What form were you taking the zinc in?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Orally administered zinc has been shown to directly stimulate food intake via neuropeptide in the hypothalamus. Therefore, zinc administration may potentially be used to treat taste disorders, as well as several other diseases by stimulating feeding.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23305423

At one time there were a lot of people in Japan that got itai-itai byo, literally ouch-ouch disease, from cadmium poisoning. The cadmium is naturally occurring wherever zinc is found and there was a zinc mine on a mountain there and the mine tailings would wash down the mountain and get in the rice beds. Cadmium poisoning is pretty nasty leading to very painful spine deformities.
    Some areas of Japan may not like taking zinc at all.

metal-uptake-by-organisms-15-638.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [video=youtube_share;4J0d59dd-qM]https://youtu.be/4J0d59dd-qM[/video]

Simple visual explanation of how c-virus wrecks havoc on your lungs and how your own body kills you tried to fight it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You know I was thinking earlier, I wonder how much better we would have been through this virus if our politicians weren’t constantly fighting each other? Republicans and democrats are just as guilty of this. If we would actually be the United States and fight this together, I’m curious if it would have been the same numbers or if we would have had more control over this? Instead, republican governors don’t wanna follow democrat governors, and vice versa. What if, for just this brief period of time, we put our differences aside, and actually united to do what’s best for the country instead of our optics? Would it be any different, the same, or worse?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Good luck, America...

Uh.... which part here do you feel is most concerning?

The folks exercising their FIRST Amendment rights? (specific beliefs not withstanding -- COVERED IN IT, people :rolleyes:)
    Or the MSM calling them out on behavior that's "not essential"?

One of these should be an example for us to follow while exercising our 2nd Amendment rights (don't do anything your grandfather wouldn't approve of).
    The other is business as usual by the MSM. Why should the specific rights matter when it comes to embarrassing the "improper exercisers" of those rights?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom