Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Just saw a FB post where the Nashville, TN mayor’s office is advertising a new service where you can report “stay at home” violators. It will be interesting to see how far and wide this idea spreads. (I mentioned earlier the state of KY already has one too).

Here’s the link.

https://hub.nashville.gov/s/request-type/a0ut0000000vgMUAAY/covid19-report-violations?language=en_US

Yeah, get the sheeple used to turning in their neighbors and friends. That will be very useful later.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wonder how many hospitals and doctors groups will go bankrupt due to lack of patients over this.

I think there's a misconception that everyone is slammed right now.

All we hear about is what’s happening in NY. I know what you’ve said about yours but what is the situation of the other Indy area hospitals? Pretty much the same?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I don’t know. But people love to snitch on others. By reading some of the comments in these CV threads, I’d say a surprising number of INGOers would avail themselves of this too, if/when Holcomb creates one.

on the medical FB groups there are DBs that will screenshot your comments and send them to your hospital administrator. backstabbing traitors

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    All we hear about is what’s happening in NY. I know what you’ve said about yours but what is the situation of the other Indy area hospitals? Pretty much the same?

ERs are slow. ICU is filling up. ERs are not built to handle the emergencies, they have been built to handle the nonsense people claim is an emergency. now patients are using it as an ER and it's killing us. but of course the law said we were mandated to see anyone who showed up rather than "nope. not an emergency. go home"

nationwide ERs are waaaaay slow. the hot spots are busier as they hold ICU patients.but there are very few hot spots right now. most of the country is not feeling the virus, they are feeling the shut down

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    hoosierdoc - These aerosol particles can float around for a few hours in a room or store. Are the aerosol viruses single particles or groups of particles? If you inhale one aerosol virus particle - is that enough to catch COVID-19 and get sick?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    "Drug is a GAME CHANGER", "Begining of the end of the pandemic" says one Doctor.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dr-o...e=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mjk

I think it’s entirely possible this could be true, but .gov not wanting it to be announced. If they end these social distancing orders and people start ignoring precautions because they think there is a cure, we will see numbers go through the roof. The treatment may work, but it’s not instant, and hospitals would be really overwhelmed. I think if this combo is effective, they’ll quietly treat people with it for as long as possible.

I guess if the mortality rate starts to improve, we may have an answer.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "Drug is a GAME CHANGER", "Begining of the end of the pandemic" says one Doctor.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dr-o...e=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mjk

The Times notes that Dr. Schaffner “cautioned that the results applied only to patients with relatively mild illness, like the ones in the study, and could not be generalized to advanced cases.”

So in relatively mild illness it helps people recover in a week or so?

I am reading that correctly?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Make them wear them?

Me wearing an N95 mask would be as effective as putting a screen door on a submarine. Or a battleship.

[video=youtube;oKqSnBjHgME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKqSnBjHgME[/video]

I have a few of them (as in, literally 3 of them). Hanging on to them in case of emergency. But they really would do me no good unless I shave - which I am not going to do, unless required for work (which is a possibility).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    hoosierdoc - These aerosol particles can float around for a few hours in a room or store. Are the aerosol viruses single particles or groups of particles? If you inhale one aerosol virus particle - is that enough to catch COVID-19 and get sick?

Someone posted a chart that had the half-life of the coronavirus - it was twenty minutes in aerosol form.

My guess is that you can't really answer your question without more data, like, how many virus cells are in that particle you inhale, and how well do those cells take hold and reproduce in you, and ...

I am not a doctor, but I did have Hawaiian pizza last night, so I'm feeling pretty smart today.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Times notes that Dr. Schaffner “cautioned that the results applied only to patients with relatively mild illness, like the ones in the study, and could not be generalized to advanced cases.”

So in relatively mild illness it helps people recover in a week or so?

I am reading that correctly?
    Yeah for people who go on a ventilator they are already boned, and the drugs cannot be administered or if they do they aren't as effective. I'm not a doctor so I dont know if hydroxychloraquin can be givin through an IV?
    You have to start this treatment with early symptoms.
    Like you've pointed out before smokingman through your research, once the covid damages your lung tissues, you are permanently scarred for life. The damage is done.
    If you get put on a Ventilator you have a 70% chance of not making it. That's not good. This virus is serious business.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Someone posted a chart that had the half-life of the coronavirus - it was twenty minutes in aerosol form.

My guess is that you can't really answer your question without more data, like, how many virus cells are in that particle you inhale, and how well do those cells take hold and reproduce in you, and ...

I am not a doctor, but I did have Hawaiian pizza last night, so I'm feeling pretty smart today.
    I've seen other studies that show the virus half life in aerosol is much longer than 20 minutes. Up to 3 hours.
    I'm not taking any chances. Also with studies showing and CDC now admitting that people with ZERO symptoms can spread the virus, we have no way of knowing when that 20 minutes begins or ends. If it was only 20 minutes I'm saying.
    Better to error on the side of caution. I hope all of you will wear some type of face covering if you go out in public. Over nose and mouth.
    Please be safe. I really dont want to see anyone from INGO be hurt from this and being cautious is better.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Not 20 mins. 3 hours!.

Here is the study.
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973?query=RP

And this is the text of the part in question.

SARS-CoV-2 remained viable in aerosols throughout the duration of our experiment (3 hours), with a reduction in infectious titer from 103.5 to 102.7 TCID50 per liter of air.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

I watched this last night, it was comforting to hear.

However he did freak me out as he said people with diabetes and even pre-diabetes are at high risk, he was the first person I heard mention pre-diabetes. Then he said if you are chubby to obese that increased the risk as well. I do have sugar issues, but I do not have to be on medication, staying away from to much ice cream and donuts and it stays perfectly in line.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom