Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It's only been a week and I'm bored out of my mind.

Just an undetermined amount of time left

I’m bored to death, too… I think this is harder on people to live alone than people who have families under their roof with them.

I don't like not being able to run my "errands." :(
    No fun being retired, if everyone else is "retired."
    Gym closed, missing my Tai Chi, Yoga, & aerobics 4 times/wk.: I'll get fat). :laugh:
    Can't get out to go any of my standard 5 meetings every week: Sunday am Church, Monday evening Bible Study, Tuesday 6 am Prayer Breakfast & Friday 6 am Men's Bible Study and a "floatable" 1:1 luncheon.
    Range hours cut back: I like to go in the am so I can stay 2-3 hours, but now there will be others waiting & I'll have to learn what an hour is. :scratch:
    I would go twice week if free (at least once/we). I told the wife I'd have to go M-F at opening (noon) for an hour now. :dunno:
    Couldn't even get a blood test last week for my Dr. appt. this week (which is now a virtual appt.).

If the whether was better I could at least go for convertible drives: 50*+ is fine, but lower: not so much.
    Winter tires off (didn't need them anyway), summers ready to go.
    My wife commented we could go bicycle riding if weather was better.

Spent time setting up Zoom & Hangouts on my cell & laptop to be able to have some of my meetings virtual. :)
    Watching "Too Cute" with the wife now. :dunno:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Mathematically, merely having rapidly escalating positive cases isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I’m assuming testing is becoming more readily available and we’re catching more cases than we have been up until now.
    My thoughts as well. I've been watching the worldometer site, New York's really ramping up. Cases and deaths. We can hope and pray we (IN) don't have that situation.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So a pandemic, meteor hit, volcanic event, so on are real things that have and will happen. Our daily secure life’s can be turned on its head in a second. So during a event not everyone lives has nothing to do with if you deserve or desire life has more to do with your immune system and ability to fight off the virus.

We (America) have faced a pandemic that was much worse and survived Spanish flu 1918. It’s not a collapse of a nation or civilization but IMO a wake up call for some to have basic preps and such. Not everyone will make it to the other side events like this should shine a light on some individuals that life is fragile and not a guarantee.
    Value everyday you get and don’t be afraid to wake up ready to die.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My wife went to Kroger this morning. Limit of on on almost everything. Eggs, milk, bread. They were taking 'extra' out of people's carts.
    She said if you have a few kids, how do you get just one loaf of bread? I said I think they want you to keep going out.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My wife went to Kroger this morning. Limit of on on almost everything. Eggs, milk, bread. They were taking 'extra' out of people's carts.
    If you have a few kids, how do you get just one loaf of bread?

If everyone is allowed to load up their carts before you get there, how do you get even one loaf?

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I’m going to show both my ignorance of how medicines are tested and approved and my desperate hope for this thing to end as soon as possible. As I read about this treatment, it sounds promising and it sounds like some other countries are using it successfully (as read in other articles, not just this one). It sounds like the side effects are fairly benign for most people for the approved uses. So my question is, if this disease is as bad as we’re told it iS, why not start rolling this out now? Unless you’re already in some know group that this will hurt you, what would it hurt?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/03/fda_must_approve_hydroxychloroquine_now.html
    It is. New York will begin trials on Tuesday. https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...for-coronavirus-treatment-tuesday-cuomo-says/

I had posted some past and present research on that drug in the old thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/476956-coronavirus-456.html#post8227334

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    She said if you have a few kids, how do you get just one loaf of bread? I said I think they want you to keep going out.
    We've had that in NW IN all week.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

If everyone is allowed to load up their carts before you get there, how do you get even one loaf?

We've had that in NW IN all week.

Yeah, that sucks. But going and finding only empty shelves sucks even more.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Wonder if Indiana (or anyone else for that matter,) breaks down the amount of tests run with the positive and negative results?

You can get a rough idea by just taking the number of tests minus the positives and minus the deaths.
    The way the numbers are reported precludes any way of getting real accurate numbers.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I figured up between Chicago and New York City area, they make up 30% of the c virus cases in the USA.

also “shelter in place”, “stay at home” doesn’t mean confined to your house. You can get gas, groceries (or take out), and work. You can also go out and ride you bike, walk your dog, or walk anywhere open (even parks if they are open). It is nothing more then the normal in Indiana over the past week. It won’t be martial law and while you could be fined for unnecessary travel in some cases, I doubt you will.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom