Cop car pulled in my driveway 10 minutes ago...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Well........
    That's BS!! :laugh:
    It would take you DAYS to read the articles in the link to Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 2011
    But I realize that you don't want to have your mind cluttered by the facts.
    Carry on.

What there was only less than a 100 names on the list. Sorry if I can read and browse faster than you.

Facts. I take facts any day, all day. You stated LOEs are Ambushed on a Regular Basis, then post a link to LEO LoDD in 2011 that shows little over 1% of those is ambushes...
    I noticed that Auto Accidents and Heart Attacks are a larger % than Ambushes... :popcorn:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    the very first thing is Officer Fishburn chasing someone. Not him standing in line at a gas station. Two others were traffic stops and yes they were ambushed. My point is more to the being in a public place OC. If I am in my car no one could see me OC. A person walking around OC is a known threat to a bad guy and probably will be avoided. How often has a LEO been taken out by a bad guy in a bank, gas station, grocery store, etc...because someone was going to rob it?
    Like jeremy, you didn't read enough.
    I realize it's easier to just ***** about something rather than do the research and learn the facts.
    Like Ben Franklin said.
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do." -Benjamin Franklin

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I realize it's easier to just ***** about something rather than do the research and learn the facts.
    Like Ben Franklin said.
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do." -Benjamin Franklin

Careful with the stones you are throwing in that house...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Like Ben Franklin said.
    I read the first link completely. No officers standing in line anywhere and being shot for just being a cop and OC

Clicked on about 15 officers in other link. Everyone was responding to a call or trying to ask suspects a question when they were shot.

Where are the officers that were shot for OC in someplace the same as any of us would be open carrying. We will not be pulling people over or responding to calls or questioning suspects so that is completely different than us OC.

I may be drunk but I am no fool :D

Last edited:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Let's see...

first target -check

element of surprise - check

threadjack - check

Here's the thread you want: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/37307-common_oc_cc_threadjack.html

;)
    I don't really understand how that thread relates to me, I don't want to be the hero, I don't want to be on the news, I don't want to stop the bad guy period, it's not my money he's taking. I just want to live out my life and die of natural cause. I don't want anyone to know I carry a gun, I sure as hell am not going to advertise it. I'm not ashamed to carry a gun, I just don't think that it is anything that everybody needs to know. I'm also not going to wear a big gold chain and a diamond ring just to try and prove something to someone.

jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    Wow this thread got some legs. I agree with the fact that an officer would be more worried about someone cc'ING but if done right how would he know. Open carrying leaves no doubt in his mind the individual has a weapon thus it makes him immediately recognize a possible threat. They encounter criminals everyday and not all of them look like criminals. Maybe he did have ambush on his mind, not that it was right of him to express his opinion about what you do on your property. Had it been a different scenario out in public his opinion may have been warranted. I am also not saying anyone is irresponsible when oc or that you shouldn't. I just don't normally myself. Hell if I saw you in public doing it I would strike up a conversation. Then introduce you to INGO.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Wow this thread got some legs. I agree with the fact that an officer would be more worried about someone cc'ING but if done right how would he know. Open carrying leaves no doubt in his mind the individual has a weapon thus it makes him immediately recognize a possible threat. They encounter criminals everyday and not all of them look like criminals. Maybe he did have ambush on his mind, not that it was right of him to express his opinion about what you do on your property. Had it been a different scenario out in public his opinion may have been warranted. I am also not saying anyone is irresponsible when oc or that you shouldn't. I just don't normally myself. Hell if I saw you in public doing it I would strike up a conversation. Then introduce you to INGO.
    Exactly, when I see a cop I know he has a weapon thus I immediately recognize a possible threat.:twocents:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't want anyone to know I carry a gun, I sure as hell am not going to advertise it. I'm not ashamed to carry a gun, I just don't think that it is anything that everybody needs to know. I'm also not going to wear a big gold chain and a diamond ring just to try and prove something to someone.

Cool WTF ever...

Who cares how one carries as long as they CARRY!

I admit I tend to OC most of the time myself. I prefer to Carry a Full Size Service SEmi Auto, not Mouse Guns. Ever try to shove one inside your wasteband and act nonchalant about it. It ain't gonna happen. I OC cause it is far more comfortable than CC for me. I give a **** about impressing, or educating anyone.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't really understand how that thread relates to me, I don't want to be the hero, I don't want to be on the news, I don't want to stop the bad guy period, it's not my money he's taking. ...

It applies because it's always the exact same hypothetical situation you used as an example.

Somebody else is always the chosen victim and the CCer is always the bystander.

Please respond to that thread if you've got something new.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I read the first link completely. No officers standing in line anywhere and being shot for just being a cop and OC

Clicked on about 15 officers in other link. Everyone was responding to a call or trying to ask suspects a question when they were shot.

Where are the officers that were shot for OC in someplace the same as any of us would be open carrying. We will not be pulling people over or responding to calls or questioning suspects so that is completely different than us OC.

I may be drunk but I am no fool :D
    Standing in line, isn't the only criteria for the defination of "ambush"
    Ambush is, a surprise attack, an unannounced aggressive act, an unprovoked violent attack.
    In other words, exactly how most Officers lose their lives.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Ambush is, a surprise attack, an unannounced aggressive act, an unprovoked violent attack.

You forgot the from a Concealed Position part... ;)

US ARMY FM 7-8
    (4) Ambush. An ambush is a surprise attack by fire from concealed
    positions on a moving or temporarily halted enemy unit. It combines the
    advantages and characteristics of the offense with those of the defense

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Actually most officers lose there lives via car accidents and such. Shootings are down there a ways. Also I believe the whole unprovoked attack part is a little loose of a definition for ambush. As far as what most consider to be an ambush. Not saying it is right but I bet most people who attack an officer do not feel it is unprovoked. Us on the outside may see it that way but I bet the person doing the attacking feels he was provoked in some way by the officers actions.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Actually most officers lose there lives via car accidents and such. Shootings are down there a ways. Also I believe the whole unprovoked attack part is a little loose of a definition for ambush. As far as what most consider to be an ambush. Not saying it is right but I bet most people who attack an officer do not feel it is unprovoked. Us on the outside may see it that way but I bet the person doing the attacking feels he was provoked in some way by the officers actions.
    Uhh.........
    You didn't bother to check this out either.:n00b:
    Law Enforcement Line of Duty Deaths in 2011
    Gunfire death are almost DOUBLE traffic accidents this year.
    Please do some research in the future instead of repeating lies and falsehoods that you see on the Interwebz.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    it is very difficult for a LEO to have "command presence" or be completely in control of the "situation" when he knows he is on private property, is at least matched in firepower, and thinking of how **** poor his shooting to qualify was last time out....

Police are not entitled to "command presence" every where they go in every instance and every situation just by the blessing of owning a blue uniform.

This situation was just a guy doing a job and expressing an opinion, no different than "that pink fender really sucks". That's all the credence I'd give it.

Top Bottom