Cop car pulled in my driveway 10 minutes ago...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    OK I am fairly new here but I guess I will wade in to this.

I am ex LEO and I can see both sides here. BUT... The OP said that there was no disrespect by either party in this encounter. Everything after the OP is OPINIONS by others. And now it's "us against them" in this thread.

No one is arguing 2A here. It has just been turned into cop bashing.:twocents:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I am not sure what you are saying here. I guess I am to old to comprehend. LOL

There is this new phenomenon that has been happening here.... People's user titles get changed to "Shooter" and they are never heard from again...

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    OK I am fairly new here but I guess I will wade in to this.

I am ex LEO and I can see both sides here. BUT... The OP said that there was no disrespect by either party in this encounter. Everything after the OP is OPINIONS by others. And now it's "us against them" in this thread.

No one is arguing 2A here. It has just been turned into cop bashing.:twocents:

Was the officer giving his "opinions" part of his job to check the VIN?

I say NO. So in my mind he was being disrespectful to a LEGAL LAW ABIDEING citizen!

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Was the officer giving his "opinions" part of his job to check the VIN?

I say NO. So in my mind he was being disrespectful to a LEGAL LAW ABIDEING citizen!

I'll make you a deal..........I will from this point forward keep ALL of my opinions to myself when every Tom, Richard, and Harry stops telling me how to do my job when I am also engaged in LAWFUL LEGAL DUTIES.

I can hold up my end of the bargin, but I'm not sure they can.

Actually, now that I think about it..........the last VIN check I did the guy stated asking me a bunch of gun related and LTCH questions, I guess I should have just told him that those questions had nothing to do with a VIN check and he would have to call back later.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    OK. That snipped section of your quote right there, says "Police Officers". It does not say, "this cop" it does not say "cops like that", it says "Police Officers.

It also says "their stupid mouths". Meaning "Police Officers" are stupid.
    Hey, Only Obama can say when police officers are stupid or in his words "acting stupidly" :D

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    There is this new phenomenon that has been happening here.... People's user titles get changed to "Shooter" and they are never heard from again...

OK as I said I am a nubie here. I am sorry... I still don't understand what this means because I am not "in the know".

I guess If I need to disappear from this forum I doubt I will lose sleep over it.

I thought this was a forum for like thinking/minded people to interact. It looks like a battleground to me and I don't need it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'll make you a deal..........I will from this point forward keep ALL of my opinions to myself when every Tom, Richard, and Harry stops telling me how to do my job when I am also engaged in LAWFUL LEGAL DUTIES.

Actually, now that I think about it..........the last VIN check I did the guy stated asking me a bunch of gun related and LTCH questions, I guess I should have just told him that those questions had nothing to do with a VIN check and he would have to call back later.

You should remember to double lock your cuffs.

Oops, I lose...

:)

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    OK as I said I am a nubie here. I am sorry... I still don't understand what this means because I am not "in the know".

I guess If I need to disappear from this forum I doubt I will lose sleep over it.

I thought this was a forum for like thinking/minded people to interact. It looks like a battleground to me and I don't need it.

Just because we question LEO action does not mean we hate them. My grandfather was a police office, my dad was a police officer, does this mean I hate them?

Stay around awhile we make lots off fun of DA citizens and crooks!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

Click on the "User CP" tab and check the "rep comment" I just sent you.

When it says "Shooter" under someone's name, it means that they have been banned from the site.

EDIT:
    If you want to avoid drama here, it's pretty easy. Stay out of "Cop Threads", OC (open carry) vs. CC (concealed carry) Threads, Any thread started by a user named "Rambone", and any thread that says anything is the best anything ever. ;)

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

apples to oranges. The officers opinions were not asked for.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Neither are the general public's.

We can play this silly game all day long. Why can't we ever just stick to the OP?

But as a servant of the public they are entitled to tell you theirs. I think its part of the job plenty of LEOs have a problem with.

What is "silly" to some is not "silly" to others.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    But as a servant of the public they are entitled to tell you theirs. I think its part of the job plenty of LEOs have a problem with.

What is "silly" to some is not "silly" to others.

That's the problem with the world today. Everyone thinks for doing nothing more than taking up space and breathing air they are entitled to something...

Top Bottom