• ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    That's good to know. :thumbsup:

I'll add this - if you've e-mailed - call - if you've called - e-mail.

If you're part of other groups , forums , email groups - on firearms, politics, where ever - share this info there,
    If you're on FB - share it there
    ... that's why we do the IMAGC page - to get the message OUT! beyond the confines of "INGO" or X group Y Group ...
    What was it ? 300 or so people took action on BoR's poll last year / year before. ?

If we want a better government - we must ACT!!! - yeah you (points at everyone; knows 3 fingers pointed at self - but I called and e-mailed 2x, so far). ...

3% of Indiana's (adult) population is about 130,000 -
    .03% is 1,300 people - How many do you suppose are voicing their support (directly) to the State Legislature. ...
    INGO is a group of "enthusiasts" - of what (wow, its grown since I last looked) 39,000 - if a 1000 of us send letters that's still only 2.5% OF ENTHUSIASTS.

GET INVOLVED PEOPLE. GET INVOLVED.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Whats the current status of this? I've not been following and at 13 pages long now I don't have time to read the entire thread. Can someone give me a quick run down of who to contact, email and phone numbers?

Is there a real chance of this actually happening?

Confirmation on status of existing LTCH's? Will I still be able to go to my place in Texas and have them recognize me as fit to carry or will I need to seek a non-resident license from a different state so I can travel freely(ish)?

Thanks!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Whats the current status of this? I've not been following and at 13 pages long now I don't have time to read the entire thread. Can someone give me a quick run down of who to contact, email and phone numbers?

Is there a real chance of this actually happening?

Confirmation on status of existing LTCH's? Will I still be able to go to my place in Texas and have them recognize me as fit to carry or will I need to seek a non-resident license from a different state so I can travel freely(ish)?

Thanks!

See post 114. The only thing you'll have to do is look up your own state rep.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...l-carry-bill-filed-indiana-3.html#post6303736

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What was it ? 300 or so people took action on BoR's poll last year / year before. ?

300? Pff. I wish it had been even 1/10 of that. I was totally disgusted by the lack of willingness to even answer a @$%@$#% poll on here, let alone tap a few keys or Heaven forbid, actually pick up a pen and write a letter.

It's only our ability to lawfully exercise our rights.. not really important or anything. "Let George do it!"...

Disgusting.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The Gov. Pence and Welcome To Hoosier Carry » Hoosier CarryHoosier Carry | Indiana's Personal Protection Lobby folks were pessimistic at the Indy 1500 today. Both told me HB 1056 will not get a hearing this session.

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad: (that's 13)

I'm ready to use language that would get me banned.

We all better bust our asses making sure Gregg doesn't become Governor if this is true or this will be an opportunity we won't get again for awhile.

I honestly think most don't care. They have their little lifetime LTCHs, what good is CC to them? (Is what I'm afraid most think).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The Gov. Pence and Welcome To Hoosier Carry » Hoosier CarryHoosier Carry | Indiana's Personal Protection Lobby folks were pessimistic at the Indy 1500 today. Both told me HB 1056 will not get a hearing this session.

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad: (that's 13)

I'm ready to use language that would get me banned.

We all better bust our asses making sure Gregg doesn't become Governor if this is true or this will be an opportunity we won't get again for awhile.

Answer me this: What is the practical difference between one group consistently dangling the carrot, pulling it back, and saying, well, maybe next time and the other which is honest that it's not going to happen on their watch? Especially at the state level, the Republicans are doing a ****-poor jog of distinguishing themselves as being any better than the Democrats. No, I haven't forgotten the highly-contrived RFRA business in which the first version was nothing more than the catalyst for the sh*tstorm to give them cover to do what they really wanted while telling their base otherwise. Now, once again, we are getting thrown under the bus. How do we break them of the notion that all they have to do is be marginally--often very marginally--better than the Democrats in order to get our vote?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Answer me this: What is the practical difference between one group consistently dangling the carrot, pulling it back, and saying, well, maybe next time and the other which is honest that it's not going to happen on their watch? Especially at the state level, the Republicans are doing a ****-poor jog of distinguishing themselves as being any better than the Democrats. No, I haven't forgotten the highly-contrived RFRA business in which the first version was nothing more than the catalyst for the sh*tstorm to give them cover to do what they really wanted while telling their base otherwise. Now, once again, we are getting thrown under the bus. How do we break them of the notion that all they have to do is be marginally--often very marginally--better than the Democrats in order to get our vote?

Look at it another way: Why waste political capital on bills apparently only tiny, microscopic, bunch care about. We get the government we deserve. We're not demanding them to pass these bills, so they are paying attention.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Look at it another way: Why waste political capital on bills apparently only tiny, microscopic, bunch care about. We get the government we deserve. We're not demanding them to pass these bills, so they are paying attention.

Good point, but I don't want to hear any pissing and moaning out of them when the people they didn't bother to consider don't bother showing up to vote for them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good point, but I don't want to hear any pissing and moaning out of them when the people they didn't bother to consider don't bother showing up to vote for them.

You will. Look at that law regarding school testing and tying that to school performance. That was a big deal among vocal teachers and administrators AND among democrats that they'll be running against in a few months. Guess what -- that one got fast tracked in just a few days or so. Squeaky wheels get the grease, as they say. Gun owners just aren't squeezing as loud as the education folks, anti-RFRA folks, and pro-highway/infrastructure folks...and the state legislators are responding accordingly.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You will. Look at that law regarding school testing and tying that to school performance. That was a big deal among vocal teachers and administrators AND among democrats that they'll be running against in a few months. Guess what -- that one got fast tracked in just a few days or so. Squeaky wheels get the grease, as they say. Gun owners just aren't squeezing as loud as the education folks, anti-RFRA folks, and pro-highway/infrastructure folks...and the state legislators are responding accordingly.

I would say that counting noses is more like it. By the way, RFRA 2.0 was a backroom deal worked out before RFRA 1 was launched. I am going to have a very difficult time forgiving those turncoats for that or for the things they did to some of the people they did them to in order to not only get that done but to get it done without any dissenting voices in the legislature. In many ways the only difference in Indianapolis between the two parties is that the Democrats are being honest about what they are. That just doesn't carry much market value in my book.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would say that counting noses is more like it. By the way, RFRA 2.0 was a backroom deal worked out before RFRA 1 was launched. I am going to have a very difficult time forgiving those turncoats for that or for the things they did to some of the people they did them to in order to not only get that done but to get it done without any dissenting voices in the legislature. In many ways the only difference in Indianapolis between the two parties is that the Democrats are being honest about what they are. That just doesn't carry much market value in my book.

Kinda. They claim to be all for civil rights, they want the government out of their bedrooms. But if given permission, they'd storm your bedrooms and confiscate your assault weapons. And they certainly like having the government tell you what to do on your property especially if it interferes with your exercise of religion. Nah, they claim to stand for civil rights but not really any more than a lot of republicans.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Kinda. They claim to be all for civil rights, they want the government out of their bedrooms. But if given permission, they'd storm your bedrooms and confiscate your assault weapons. And they certainly like having the government tell you what to do on your property especially if it interferes with your exercise of religion. Nah, they claim to stand for civil rights but not really any more than a lot of republicans.

I agree completely, but here is my take:

Democrats want more rights including protected class status for homosexuals, and they are open about it. The Republicans want the same because two corporations with a lot of clout in the state want them to, but since they depend on us to vote for them, they had a little purge in the legislature, deliberately engineered RFRA 1.0 to both reflect our bucket list (i.e., the baker can't be sued into oblivion for not violating his principles) and to be legally and politically untenable to start the sh*tstorm it started so that they could pass what they wanted in the first place yet still tell us that they did everything they could for us but just got forced into backing down. I do have to say that part of my position in the matter is that I knew that it was coming before it came, largely by virtue of having a friend who was one of the people on the receiving end of the purge. Republicans are a bit less dangerous to our guns, but how long with that last when their owners tell them to change it? After all, if they would turn on the base with an issue the base generally considers critical, why should I not expect them to do it again as soon as they are told to do so? In the end, the only real difference I am seeing is in the level of enthusiasm applied.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree completely, but here is my take:

Democrats want more rights including protected class status for homosexuals, and they are open about it. The Republicans want the same because two corporations with a lot of clout in the state want them to, but since they depend on us to vote for them, they had a little purge in the legislature, deliberately engineered RFRA 1.0 to both reflect our bucket list (i.e., the baker can't be sued into oblivion for not violating his principles) and to be legally and politically untenable to start the sh*tstorm it started so that they could pass what they wanted in the first place yet still tell us that they did everything they could for us but just got forced into backing down. I do have to say that part of my position in the matter is that I knew that it was coming before it came, largely by virtue of having a friend who was one of the people on the receiving end of the purge. Republicans are a bit less dangerous to our guns, but how long with that last when their owners tell them to change it? After all, if they would turn on the base with an issue the base generally considers critical, why should I not expect them to do it again as soon as they are told to do so? In the end, the only real difference I am seeing is in the level of enthusiasm applied.

I cannot disagree. But I am curious for more information about the friend on the receiving end of the purge.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I cannot disagree. But I am curious for more information about the friend on the receiving end of the purge.

He was already not so popular with the leadership on account of *gasp* representing his constituents rather than the Chamber of Commerce, and not only did he refuse to back homosexual marriage, but made the statement openly that he had seen a number of party members thrown under the bus during his time in the Senate, but never before had he seen Jesus Christ thrown under the bus. The result was having a total of $750K thrown against him in the primary when $50K will generally carry you for the full election cycle. I might add that this was homosexual money from two sources in Indiana and one from outside that you wouldn't expect to throw in for that cause.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He was already not so popular with the leadership on account of *gasp* representing his constituents rather than the Chamber of Commerce, and not only did he refuse to back homosexual marriage, but made the statement openly that he had seen a number of party members thrown under the bus during his time in the Senate, but never before had he seen Jesus Christ thrown under the bus. The result was having a total of $750K thrown against him in the primary when $50K will generally carry you for the full election cycle. I might add that this was homosexual money from two sources in Indiana and one from outside that you wouldn't expect to throw in for that cause.

I think you may have just explained why the republicans are doing what they're doing...and it kind of ties in to what I was saying up thread. Not only are "our folks" not squeeking loud enough to be taken serious, we must not be opening our wallets wide enough.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think you may have just explained why the republicans are doing what they're doing...and it kind of ties in to what I was saying up thread. Not only are "our folks" not squeeking loud enough to be taken serious, we must not be opening our wallets wide enough.

The money came from Lilly, Cummins, and the Koch Brothers. None of us have that kind of jack.

As for squeaking, they are counting on people like us being 2 of the 10 people who understand what they are up to, the belief that most everyone right of center will religiously vote for them for lack of an alternative, and that most won't know the difference anyway. In fact, they seem to think themselves entitled to our votes explaining the way we are taken for granted. This leaves me with an interesting question: Do we settle for sinking slower rather than faster, or do we send them a shockwave in the next election. While the latter seems appealing, my concern there is that if the RNC can't figure out why they keep loosing running RINOs for president, even though we make it abundantly clear to them, I doubt that the people at the state level are any brighter. It could also be that they aren't really trying, and are laughing all the way to the bank, and don't even consider that threat serious for the aforementioned reason that in their reckoning, we don't have any alternative.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The money came from Lilly, Cummins, and the Koch Brothers. None of us have that kind of jack.

As for squeaking, they are counting on people like us being 2 of the 10 people who understand what they are up to, the belief that most everyone right of center will religiously vote for them for lack of an alternative, and that most won't know the difference anyway. In fact, they seem to think themselves entitled to our votes explaining the way we are taken for granted. This leaves me with an interesting question: Do we settle for sinking slower rather than faster, or do we send them a shockwave in the next election. While the latter seems appealing, my concern there is that if the RNC can't figure out why they keep loosing running RINOs for president, even though we make it abundantly clear to them, I doubt that the people at the state level are any brighter. It could also be that they aren't really trying, and are laughing all the way to the bank, and don't even consider that threat serious for the aforementioned reason that in their reckoning, we don't have any alternative.

I've mentioned before, on this forum, that being from Tennessee and still having family living down there, I still kinda follow Tennessee politics. At this time, you could pack the democrat countingency in the TN state house into a good sized church van -- pretty much like IN's. Much like what we're talking about here, they have a problem with their legislature forgetting why they were put into power plus they have RINO US senators. So yeah...what do you do? Vote 3rd party or stay at home? Maybe if enough people did it, they'd get the hint. But I don't think we're anywhere near critical mass yet.

Top Bottom