• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So, back to the topic of this thread, where is the public outcry that good gun bills aren't being heard?

This!! Get the word out.

Or are we that scared of the freedom we are supposed to have.?

I don't think it's a matter of fear but more of "I got mine, I don't care about CC".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, back to the topic of this thread, where is the public outcry that good gun bills aren't being heard?

The question isn't where, but how. They have made it pretty clear that they don't care what we think. Now, what effective solutions are available which are not felonies?

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    The principle of diminishing marginal productivity.

Not tracking...care to expound?

Forgive this interruption. He might explain when he returns.

If I understand it correctly as it applies in this case, if only a certain (fixed) amount of people write/call on an issue, and all other variables remain the same, then additional inputs by that same group will have little or no effect.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Forgive this interruption. He might explain when he returns.

If I understand it correctly as it applies in this case, if only a certain (fixed) amount of people write/call on an issue, and all other variables remain the same, then additional inputs by that same group will have little or no effect.

If I were to guess, I'd say he means that for the politicians, there are diminishing returns for them by continuing to invest their political capital into legislation that will only make happy those that are going to vote for them anyway. Even though this was supposed to be the year that they were going to need us motivated to go out and support them this fall. If they're going to ignore us, they should prepare themselves for when the favor is returned...to whatever extent it turns out to be.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If I were to guess, I'd say he means that for the politicians, there are diminishing returns for them by continuing to invest their political capital into legislation that will only make happy those that are going to vote for them anyway. Even though this was supposed to be the year that they were going to need us motivated to go out and support them this fall. If they're going to ignore us, they should prepare themselves for when the favor is returned...to whatever extent it turns out to be.

Right there you go. They think they are entitled to our voted by virtue of them supposedly being better than the alternative. If they (once again) fail to be substantially different from the alternative aside from lip service, they are just going to be happy getting what they are going to get.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Right there you go. They think they are entitled to our voted by virtue of them supposedly being better than the alternative. If they (once again) fail to be substantially different from the alternative aside from lip service, they are just going to be happy getting what they are going to get.

Republicans seem to do better when they're hungry. They're not hungry now and haven't been for several years now. Also, I think they're scared ****less over reaction to their RFRA debacle last year. Rather than rally the troops, I think they're in a mode where they're trying not to give the democrats more ammunition to use against them (pun definitely intended).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Law of Diminishing Returns.

If things are going really well, then fewer and fewer people will participate to reform/repeal more and more laws. It takes more and more effort to motivate people.

A concerted effort to finance and motivate the removal of Dermody and Bosma if they can't straighten up ought to be a good start.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    And there are at least 3 items authored or co authored by Mr. Lucas, which are not effected by if you have or do not have your LTCH. Where is the support for these?

????

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Dermody is retiring so why would he give a ****?

Good point. My guess is that he is still going to be vulnerable regarding the good of the party. I don't believe that he has been a party hack all this time without some return on investment in an ongoing fashion.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I've contacted mine, as well as Dermody and Bosma. I got autoreplies from two of the legislators I contacted, so while I know those notes were received, the only other thing I know is that my emails don't matter enough to them to even have a staff member write a reply.

I have to wonder, John, where the outcry is among all of these supposedly A-rated legislators to get the bills heard? Bills like these should receive the public outcry you're discussing, certainly, to pass them into law, but by the same token, they should not need such outcry to receive a hearing in a Republican-controlled committee, with an A-rated chairman, in a Republican controlled House, with a Republican Senate (both with supermajorities) and a 2A-friendly Governor coming off of a debacle last year, into an election year. Where is the felt necessity to rally the base? Where is the felt necessity to support the REPUBLIC, from which the party draws its name? Getting these bills passed shouldn't even require a debate. Getting them heard should have happened the first day of the session.

I don't question the loyalty to those goals of Rep. Lucas, nor Sen. Tomes. I most certainly question them of those who hold more power than they do, and I have to wonder if indeed, as suggested upthread, the red carpet won't roll out to us gun owners unless we're willing to pay to have our bills heard and passed. Graft and corruption should not have a place at the State House, nor should government be for sale to the guy with the deepest pockets. I don't know if that's the way it is, but more and more, it sure as hell seems like it.

If you or any of your contacts can shed some light, publicly or privately, I would certainly appreciate it. The way it's looking, Mr. Lucas' bills aren't going to be heard *AGAIN* this year, thanks to the fact that none of us have Bloomberg-sized bank accounts to pay for them to be heard. I dearly hope I'm very mistaken on that.

Blessings,
    Bill

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've contacted mine, as well as Dermody and Bosma. I got autoreplies from two of the legislators I contacted, so while I know those notes were received, the only other thing I know is that my emails don't matter enough to them to even have a staff member write a reply.

I have to wonder, John, where the outcry is among all of these supposedly A-rated legislators to get the bills heard? Bills like these should receive the public outcry you're discussing, certainly, to pass them into law, but by the same token, they should not need such outcry to receive a hearing in a Republican-controlled committee, with an A-rated chairman, in a Republican controlled House, with a Republican Senate (both with supermajorities) and a 2A-friendly Governor coming off of a debacle last year, into an election year. Where is the felt necessity to rally the base? Where is the felt necessity to support the REPUBLIC, from which the party draws its name? Getting these bills passed shouldn't even require a debate. Getting them heard should have happened the first day of the session.

I don't question the loyalty to those goals of Rep. Lucas, nor Sen. Tomes. I most certainly question them of those who hold more power than they do, and I have to wonder if indeed, as suggested upthread, the red carpet won't roll out to us gun owners unless we're willing to pay to have our bills heard and passed. Graft and corruption should not have a place at the State House, nor should government be for sale to the guy with the deepest pockets. I don't know if that's the way it is, but more and more, it sure as hell seems like it.

If you or any of your contacts can shed some light, publicly or privately, I would certainly appreciate it. The way it's looking, Mr. Lucas' bills aren't going to be heard *AGAIN* this year, thanks to the fact that none of us have Bloomberg-sized bank accounts to pay for them to be heard. I dearly hope I'm very mistaken on that.

Blessings,
    Bill

QFT

At least last year, they were concerned enough to make up some weak-***ed story as to why they weren't going to hear them. This year? Nada.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I will be attempting to email everyone in the public safety committee tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have time to call as well, but I will be contacting everyone I can tomorrow. Again.

Top Bottom