• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Everyone should go out and buy an underwater camera just in case you crash your car into a river. That way at the last minute when you see a photo opportunity of a fish that you have never seen you have the camera handy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Grocery stores are starting to pump in certain smells into the stores to make you hungary. Never go to the grocery store hungary it effects your buying habits. Eat something before you go. (Personal finance)

Waitaminute.... How am I going to be made into a European country by smells being pumped into my grocery store?

I just heard that WALMART is bringing back the lay-a-way program. That is huge for expensive toys that can be purchased there. Everything else is just budgeting.

Walmart has a program for overweight people to have sex???

Oh wait, that would be lay-a-weigh. Sorry, my bad. :joke:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Floss!! (Health AND finance...double whammy)
    I'm here to tell you people, if you would just floss all the world's problems would go away. I learned this in an ivory tower university (it was really more of an enamel tower) so it must be true. You will live longer, and be healthier thereby saving personal money as well as government expense (since they will be covering all of your life expenses soon).

I'm personally amazed that we debate any other issue on these boards than the obvious mass hypnosis we have all been a victim of that has conditioned us to disdain flossing. The Government has done this to be able to keep its thumb on us and under its control. THEY have known that it leads to systemic disease for decades. Only recently rouge scientists have risked their own lives to do experiments in secret to prove it and bring the information to the masses. Big Government realizes that it it too late now that Gov. health-care is in the pipeline and have, therefore, not taken measures to squash the information from being public.

(Standard ending to a message like this follows:)
    If you are not willing to be the subject of Gov. manipulation for the sake of their power hungry motives you need to forward this message to everyone in your contacts.
    Carry on.
    SDH

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I suddenly feel underpowered in this thread. No Mod title....

If you live in a glass house, Don't go to the bathroom.

WOW, you are right, I didn't realize that. I think it is because as a MOD we are trying to read as many threads as we can so it is kind of an attention getter to find one as entertaining (and of course informative) as this one. It is good fun and a good break from reading threads that wouldn't otherwise peak my interest (not this one but others.)

That is me speaking off the top of my head anyway, and I'm not trying to say it is standard MOD logic.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand. Anyone want to volunteer to test this hypothesis out?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand. Anyone want to volunteer to test this hypothesis out?

I liked how this post started but then it took an abrupt left turn into unexpected territory.

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I read this from the Earl of Surrey it was written in the mid 1500's. Think about some of these in today's standards.

The happy life be these, I find:—
    The richesse left, not got with pain; The fruitful ground, the quiet mind; The equal friend; no grudge, no strife;[SIZE=-2] 5[/SIZE] No charge of rule, nor governance;Without disease, the healthful life; The household of continuance; The mean diet, no delicate fare; True wisdom join'd with simpleness;The night dischargèd of all care.

Do you have an equal friend? I would love a night with the discharge of care.

Last edited:

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Talk to a neighbor today.(Community awarness)
    Have a block party.(Community awarness)
    Have a yard sale(Personal finance)
    If you have debt sell gold to get out; if you don't have debt buy gold
    (Personal finance)
    Male: sell sperm (Personal Finance)
    Female: sell eggs (Personal Finance)
    Both: sell plasma (Personal Finance)
    Start a community garden (Community)
    Inflating your tires up to recommended PSI once a week will give you better gas mileage as well. (Personal Finance)
    Taking your rain water from your gutter and rerouting it to your garden and flowers. (Community and PF); and it is legal in Indiana
    Never go to the grocery store hungary it effects your buying habits. Eat something before you go. (Personal finance)
    If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down. It would save on your water bill. (PF)
    Before you get rid of your hard drive on your computer or old VCR, etc. Take the covers off and snip the wires and take out the thin copper wire and throw it in a box.(PF)
    For smokers, they could try this new roll your own trend (PF)
    baking soda paste as a general stain remover. Rub chalk on grease stains prior to washing. Apply butter or margarine to chocolate stains, let set at least 15 minutes and wash. (PF)
    Pizza delivery for extra cash (PF)
    Get a moped; great gas milegage (PF)
    Cut fat intake (Health). Grocery bill is way down. (PF)
    Goodwill has great deals (PF)
    Ebay and Craigslist is your friend (PF)
    Use automotive hand cleaner from Dollar Genreral for grease stains on clothes. (Community)
    Raise your deductible on your vehicles and drive slower. Lower your payements.(PF)
    Do every repair on your home and personal property yourself; watch DIY network. (PF)
    A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down (health and wellness)
    Floss!! (Health AND finance...double whammy)
    average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year. (health)
    Get a woodburner for your home and look for free firewood to cut. don't buy a logsplitter.(PF)
    Raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand (Survival; I think)

Last edited:

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    You need at least two and half gallons of water per person in the household: Hyperinflation/Boil Alert/Crisis, etc. Do you have it? Think back on the last situation: Gas leak, Y2K, major store, etc. How did the bottled water do at your grocery store. I bet it flew off the shelf.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You need at least two and half gallons of water per person in the household: Hyperinflation/Boil Alert/Crisis, etc. Do you have it? Think back on the last situation: Gas leak, Y2K, major store, etc. How did the bottled water do at your grocery store. I bet it flew off the shelf.

I retain enough for two people.

H. Rearden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Bring back Sunday Dinner with family members if you can. Don't make it long. We go from 5 to 7 at the latest. You eat, socialize and get out. Most people have to work early on Monday morning. Rotate it if you want to continue it. Person who host sets the menu. If you crockpot it and you have extra the people who come over and yourself can split the leftovers with tupperware. Saves on the grocery bill.

Top Bottom