• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Talking to yourself about religion in your bathroom isn't really practicing the 1st Amendment either because no one can hear you.
    Some of the loudest preachers of religion are the ****tiest people I know, on the other hand, the most religious and best person Ive ever known, hold church in his living room with his entire family every sunday, and only speaks about his beliefs when asked, doesnt try to shove them down everyone elses throat. Theres something to be said about humbility (yes I know its a made up word, but I like it)

Why would you even feel the need to type this?
    Perhaps it would make more sense to you if I turned it around and said, Theres nothing that makes you an inferior patriot, because you chose to carry concealed.

This is tuff for me, I was married ten years before my wife knew I never left the house without a gun. So I like concealed, however that is me, if I see sombody open carry it does not bother me. I had to open carry one time and it felt really akward. I felt like everybody was looking at me, and most like I had ten heads.
    This is something to be considered when choosing to OC, I personally made two "friends" distance themselves from me, because they found out I carry a firearm and 27 rounds of ammunition, EVERYWHERE I go. Granted these people were not meant to be my friends if they couldnt handle a very big part of who I am, but losing friends is something some people cannot handle, so it must be considered. There is still a VERY large percentage of Americans who have a childish fear of guns.
    I guess you're right if you define that as bashing. I don't. I define basing as calling a carry method asshattery, idiotic, militant, rights endangering and so on and so forth. Define it as you wish.
    Telling someone that they are not a patriot because they do not carry their firearm the way you see fit, is bashing, in anyone's book.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Again, why do you ALL not get this... I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU! I am talking about the asshats that cannot deal with legitimate questions without screaming about their rights or generally making an ass out of themselves. I've stated several times that I'm fairly certain that most of you pro-OC'rs in this discussion are not the problem.
    I really was just relating this ocer's experience. I also was just wondering what your understood definition of militant ocer was. over subsequent posts I think I got it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, Blackdog, since your "new" position has somehow evolved into a version where you were only referring to some subset of people who OC and then flip out on people at the slightest provocation, I'll just address this old post of yours:

Everything I am about to say is my PERSONAL belief. I think OC is stupid when concealed carry is available.

What you seemed to be saying here was that, except where it is illegal to do so, it is stupid to not hide the fact that you are armed.
    While you may support the practice of being armed, it seems to pale in comparison with your support for hiding the fact. Not just support for the act of hiding it, but disdain for those who aren't as obsessed with it as you are.

What if I simply don't feel any compunction to hide it? Your opinion is that I've made a stupid choice by not covering it up if I am able. The fact is that I've simply not taken the extra step you value so highly. So the "debate" boils down to this: I do not value concealment as highly as you, so that makes me stupid. If I were smarter, I would also go to the same extra lengths you do. It really has nothing to do with being armed, does it?

I suspect that you secretly envy anyone who is more comfortable with being armed in public than you but go to great lengths to disparage them for other reasons. You have a defensive knack for steering the conversation away from your actual motive, but there it is at the root of most what you've written here.

On a side note, this motive is extremely common and can be overcome.

...You give gun owners a bad rap by exercising your right.

Nonsense. I have an extremely positive overall affect on the rap of gun owners when I exercise my right, whereas you, while hiding the fact that you are exercising your right, have no impact whatsoever.

If you're an a$$hat, we appreciate that - but if you are able to comport yourself well in the public eye, you might consider that making no impact is far less effective than making a positive one. As it stands, you've left it to the open carriers alone to define you (and all carriers) in the perception of the general public.

Your best effort so far in this endeavor is to convince them that we are stupid. Way to go.

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    Well, Blackdog, since your "new" position has somehow evolved into a version where you were only referring to some subset of people who OC and then flip out on people at the slightest provocation, I'll just address this old post of yours:

Your best effort so far in this endeavor is to convince them that we are stupid. Way to go.

I'll just trim all the bull**** down as it does nothing but injure yourself while trying to pat yourself on the back by trying to be witty. My position has never changed. I think it tactically unsound to announce your defensive methods until you absolutely have to. The FACTS are that just about EVERYONE that carries a gun professionally (out of uniform) agrees with me, and thinks OC is NOT the best way to carry a firearm. I haven't flipped out at all, in fact I've actually enjoyed the discussion for the most part. Sure, I've jumped the gun (pun intended) but I've apologized where needed and moved on. Maybe you should work on your psych degree a little more cause you couldn't be more wrong.

So you've made the statement that I have somehow convinced anyone that OC'ers are stupid... Care to show me WHERE I've done that? I think your projection is WAY more telling than anything. And I'm sure you'll have some smartassed answer to this post but we both know I couldn't care less what you think, so...

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Noblesville
    I totally agree with you. I am licensed to carry and conceal carry on most days for all reasons you list, but most importantly to protect my wife when we are out and to make sure that when I go out I am able to come home to her alive. Persons outside carrying unless clearly LEO or sanctioned and on duty Armed Security, just scare the bejeebers out of society at large ... and that includes me. My thinking is that if they don't have the good judgment to not know that they are scary to the public they don't have the judgment to be carrying that gun either. They also make the rest of us that do believe in and practice our second amendment rights look like nutcases.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    There is something to be said about a possible unintended escalation of a situation you suddenly find yourself in. But I remember when the guy brought up the bank robbers scenario in the other thread, and that pretty much bounced off thick skulls IIRC.
    Once again, there are things to consider when choosing your carry method, and different personality types, are going to pick different methods. Neither is good or bad, unless something happens, and you are carrying the right way or the wrong way, for that individual situation. Its impossible to assume you know what is going to be the best way to carry, for a situation that hasnt even happened. The one thing that is of upmost importance, is that you CARRY YOUR WAY, and get good at it. Because neither OC or CC is gonna save your ass if you choke when you need to act.

PRACTICE!!!! TIMES A MILLION

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Does ANYONE disagree with this?
    I only agree with it because I don't like asshattery in general, it has nothing to do with OC vs. CC. And the term "tactically unsound" cracks me up. What world do people live in where military/LEO tactics are part of your daily life? Situational awareness is key, but I'm not a freaking commando.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yea well, once again, there are possible bad sides to CC as well. I dont want you to get the wrong Idea and think Im on "your side" Because in my opinion, there is only ONE side, and its JUST EFFIN CARRY.

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    I only agree with it because I don't like asshattery in general, it has nothing to do with OC vs. CC. And the term "tactically unsound" cracks me up. What world do people live in where military/LEO tactics are part of your daily life? Situational awareness is key, but I'm not a freaking commando.

I am FAR from a commando but believe you me, I most certainly have tactics for my and my family's survival... Situational awareness is a major part of those tactics.

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    Yea well, once again, there are possible bad sides to CC as well. I dont want you to get the wrong Idea and think Im on "your side" Because in my opinion, there is only ONE side, and its JUST EFFIN CARRY.

Nope, I get it. It's just nice to have a middle ground voice every once in a while, that's all.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I carry CC and OC depending on my mood/situation. I'll say this as anecdotal evidence. 90% of the time when I OC no one even notices. I would also argue that most criminals are not trained and do not look for the greatest threat. Take it for what it's worth. Bottom line is JFC. This petty arguing about who carries correctly is worthless. Let's return this thread to the greatness that pushed it to have so many pages. This is for YSYEO, :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::pimp:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I totally agree with you. I am licensed to carry and conceal carry on most days for all reasons you list, but most importantly to protect my wife when we are out and to make sure that when I go out I am able to come home to her alive. Persons outside carrying unless clearly LEO or sanctioned and on duty Armed Security, just scare the bejeebers out of society at large ... and that includes me. My thinking is that if they don't have the good judgment to not know that they are scary to the public they don't have the judgment to be carrying that gun either. They also make the rest of us that do believe in and practice our second amendment rights look like nutcases.

So now we're all nutcases that shouldn't be allowed to carry at all? :rolleyes:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    If it is so tactically sound why do LEO and military not conceal? I am more scared of someone CC a firearm than I am someone OC a firearm. It is fairly easy to assume that a person OC a firearm properly is not a criminal, but when I see someone CC I have no idea be if they are a criminal or not because whether one chooses to believe it or not, criminals do not OC their firearms. :twocents:

Top Bottom