• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If it is so tactically sound why do LEO and military not conceal? I am more scared of someone CC a firearm than I am someone OC a firearm. It is fairly easy to assume that a person OC a firearm properly is not a criminal, but when I see someone CC I have no idea be if they are a criminal or not because whether one chooses to believe it or not, criminals do not OC their firearms. :twocents:

Those in uniform OC, because CC'ing in uniform would potentially make them a bigger target - i.e "an unarmed LEO"

off duty cops, detectives and plain clothes officers tend to cc, I assume for the tactical advantage.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    If it is so tactically sound why do LEO and military not conceal? I am more scared of someone CC a firearm than I am someone OC a firearm. It is fairly easy to assume that a person OC a firearm properly is not a criminal, but when I see someone CC I have no idea be if they are a criminal or not because whether one chooses to believe it or not, criminals do not OC their firearms. :twocents:

Really? LEO's and military are in the thick of it and need to be an obvious presence, they are not the average every day citizen so that argument muddies the water a bit. Each citizen who carries has to choose for themselves what they are willing to do and in many cases how far they wish to stick their neck out. I have a LEO brother who CC's when he's not in uniform just because he doesn't want the headache of dealing with the sheeple. I cc because I think it helps me to not stand out in a crowd, but then again I try to be aware of my surroundings and what others are up to. If you can spot that I'm cc'ing then I'm not doing it right...

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Really? LEO's and military are in the thick of it and need to be an obvious presence, they are not the average every day citizen so that argument muddies the water a bit. Each citizen who carries has to choose for themselves what they are willing to do and in many cases how far they wish to stick their neck out. I have a LEO brother who CC's when he's not in uniform just because he doesn't want the headache of dealing with the sheeple. I cc because I think it helps me to not stand out in a crowd, but then again I try to be aware of my surroundings and what others are up to. If you can spot that I'm cc'ing then I'm not doing it right...

My whole absurd point was that criminals do not OC

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    My whole absurd point was that criminals do not OC
    OK I understand what your saying. If you can see a weapon in the open, and your not an average gun shy American, than you know more than likely, theyre not a criminal... But your forgetting that just because you think it, doesnt mean its what most people think. Go walk onto a college campus with your weapon out, and wait for the MWG call. People are stupid these days. NOW I AM NOT SAYING that means you shouldnt OC. Im saying you need to be realistic, and understand, that you OC is gonna flip some ppl out. Your legal, so a cop shows up, asks for your license, and all is well. But its an inconvenience that newbies, considering method of carry need to consider.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'll just trim all the bull**** down as it does nothing but injure yourself while trying to pat yourself on the back by trying to be witty. My position has never changed. I think it tactically unsound to announce your defensive methods until you absolutely have to. The FACTS are that just about EVERYONE that carries a gun professionally (out of uniform) agrees with me, and thinks OC is NOT the best way to carry a firearm. I haven't flipped out at all, in fact I've actually enjoyed the discussion for the most part. Sure, I've jumped the gun (pun intended) but I've apologized where needed and moved on. Maybe you should work on your psych degree a little more cause you couldn't be more wrong.

So you've made the statement that I have somehow convinced anyone that OC'ers are stupid... Care to show me WHERE I've done that? I think your projection is WAY more telling than anything. And I'm sure you'll have some smartassed answer to this post but we both know I couldn't care less what you think, so...

I used to carry a firearm 5 days of the week "professionally" whatever that means. Guess what? I OCed. I still OC. You stated that "OCing is a stupid choice." That implies that everyone that OCs is making a "stupid choice." Only stupid people make stupid choices, regular people make choices.
    Also nice to know that OC'ers (as I've suspected) can act like self-aggrandizing douchebags, with major persecutory delusions...
    OCers act like "self-aggrandizing douchebags with major persecutory delusions?" Are there not NUMEROUS threads on this forum alone where we, as OCers, are being persecuted by CCers?

Does ANYONE disagree with this?

I don't. Only reason I don't is because I don't like asshattery or tom-foolery. CCers act like douchebags just as much as OCers. We just don't hear about it because people don't always realize it's a MWAG.
    I totally agree with you. I am licensed to carry and conceal carry on most days for all reasons you list, but most importantly to protect my wife when we are out and to make sure that when I go out I am able to come home to her alive. Persons outside carrying unless clearly LEO or sanctioned and on duty Armed Security, just scare the bejeebers out of society at large ... and that includes me. My thinking is that if they don't have the good judgment to not know that they are scary to the public they don't have the judgment to be carrying that gun either. They also make the rest of us that do believe in and practice our second amendment rights look like nutcases.

I OC daily. You know why? To protect myself, my girlfriend, and our little family. I don't know what you do for a living, but I'm willing to bet you drive to work, work for 8 hours, drive home, maybe run some errands in there at some point. I work 12 hour shifts, on the road 95-100% of the time, required to be unarmed by company policy and a state law or two. My goal is to come home alive at the end of every shift, it's not guaranteed in my line of work. I still OC when not at work, but I don't "show all of my defensive methods" at work or on my days off. I've never "scared the bejeebers," whatever that is, out of anyone while carrying. The only incident I've had with LE, regarding carrying, was not a MWAG call like most people would assume. It was an "off duty" officer who just happened to have his daughter with him, who pointed it out to him. He was also OCing. I know, big shock to you. Not every officer conceals off duty. We had a quick interaction of "Do you have a license?" Yes. "May I see it? Have a nice day." If I'm not stable enough to carry a firearm because YOU disagree with it, you have MAJOR projection issues. Don't project your beliefs on me, and I won't have to ignore you. We can have a nice healthy discussion regarding this topic or any other topic you wish, but don't tell me that because our beliefs don't align, I should be able to exercise my rights. That just like saying (Mods: don't delete this, I will find you and I will report you to Rookie) I'm Christian and you're Jewish, because you're not Christian you can't practice your religion. You're an alcoholic and I don't drink, because I don't drink, you can't either. Get over yourself. People like YOU are the ones who give the anti-gunners ammunition to use against us. JFC!
    Yea well, once again, there are possible bad sides to CC as well. I dont want you to get the wrong Idea and think Im on "your side" Because in my opinion, there is only ONE side, and its JUST EFFIN CARRY.

I agree that you believe this, however, some of your posts come across as anti-OC.
    I carry CC and OC depending on my mood/situation. I'll say this as anecdotal evidence. 90% of the time when I OC no one even notices. I would also argue that most criminals are not trained and do not look for the greatest threat. Take it for what it's worth. Bottom line is JFC. This petty arguing about who carries correctly is worthless. Let's return this thread to the greatness that pushed it to have so many pages. This is for YSYEO, :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::pimp:
    :bacondance: Rep inbound. I've had 3 people notice that I was OC. That's in about 4 years of carrying.

So now we're all nutcases that shouldn't be allowed to carry at all? :rolleyes:
    That's what I heard.
    Apples and oranges, bunny. If I'm ever CC around you, I hope you don't draw down on me. :p
    A perceived one.
    Not sure if serious since I've read your other posts. If you're being serious, I agree.
    Hey, I've met you and if I remember correctly, I spotted your firearm. I think you were doing it wrong. :D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Because, silly, they would have to wear belts to put their holsters on and as we all know...criminals DO NOT WEAR BELTS...(where was that purple button...)
    That is very much true, if I were to notice you CC I would probably be able to tell it was very secure to your person and also make the assumption you were not a criminal, unless you were a high class criminal :)

OK I understand what your saying. If you can see a weapon in the open, and your not an average gun shy American, than you know more than likely, theyre not a criminal... But your forgetting that just because you think it, doesnt mean its what most people think. Go walk onto a college campus with your weapon out, and wait for the MWG call. People are stupid these days. NOW I AM NOT SAYING that means you shouldnt OC. Im saying you need to be realistic, and understand, that you OC is gonna flip some ppl out. Your legal, so a cop shows up, asks for your license, and all is well. But its an inconvenience that newbies, considering method of carry need to consider.

Yes, people are very stupid.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Not sure if serious since I've read your other posts. If you're being serious, I agree.
    :D

very serious.

those who OC think the situation calls for OC. They feel more comfortable and confident based on their thoughts, teachings and beliefs. They come to the conclusion that OC is better for this situation.

those who CC do the exact same.

very few, if anyone would, carry in a method that they felt made them more vulnerable. Very few, if any would carry in a method that made them uncomfortable, and went against their training.

so, if it makes them feel better, that's how they determine their carry methods.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Hey, I've met you and if I remember correctly, I spotted your firearm. I think you were doing it wrong. :D

LOL, shhhhh!!! Don't out me now! If that kind of rumor gets out then I'm so gonna catch crap from 88GT! I've been "little miss anti-OC" for a while but my OWB holster is the only one getting any use these days. I just accessorize to conceal. :whistle:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    LOL, shhhhh!!! Don't out me now! If that kind of rumor gets out then I'm so gonna catch crap from 88GT! I've been "little miss anti-OC" for a while but my OWB holster is the only one getting any use these days. I just accessorize to conceal. :whistle:
    Like I didn't already know. ;) We're good as long as you don't start telling me how I should be doing it or making judgment about my abilities/character based on my choice to OC.

Just messaged her, is that a bad thing :lmfao:
    All for naught. I was following this already. :D

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    But GT, we OC, we're inferior and idiots. Remember? Some random guy told us that because it's different than what he does. Maybe you should follow this thread a little closer. :p

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    But GT, we OC, we're inferior and idiots. Remember? Some random guy told us that because it's different than what he does. Maybe you should follow this thread a little closer. :p
    Hard to follow someone when you're ignoring him. And I've been called far worse than that by people 10x his better.

Top Bottom