• ...and so much more!
  • snojet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Carmel
    Gentlemen and/or Ladies,
    You have all made some very valid points and retorted in a courteous fashion. And again, I'm glad we still have that right (OC/CC) living here in Indiana.

Good luck in your OC quest. I will be paying attention and seeing if the opinion of the public changes.

I have found a common theme between the OC and CC groups and that THEIR (that persons) perspective opinion/way that they conduct themselves is the ONLY right way. From reading other numerous threads about OC/CC I get the impression that some of the posters are willing to trample on others (feeling, views, perspective, ect... of any given person/public). It's my way or the highway. And I believe that is simply not true. Each situation/event has a way that is slightly or grossly superior to either carrying, OC or CC.

Here is where I stick my neck out. **IMHO**, if you think that a person should just OC all the time or vise-versa then that person is narrow minded. We could all gives examples of how a situation/event could have been better handled or prepared in-advance (how to carry at that time). I think there should be a mix of the OC/CC but I don't have a decisive answer as to do one or the other at any given time. **Be nice**

The stand-off between the OC'ing verses CC'ing groups will never produce a clear winner. IMHO.

Blessings everyone...

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I CC almost 95% of time, but I like OC and will continue to do it more and more. My goal is to OC 95%. When I get there I will never trample on someones rights to CC if they choose to do so. I do see a big plus for gun owners of all walks as OC becomes more common place.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Gentlemen and/or Ladies,
    You have all made some very valid points and retorted in a courteous fashion. And again, I'm glad we still have that right (OC/CC) living here in Indiana.

Good luck in your OC quest. I will be paying attention and seeing if the opinion of the public changes.

I have found a common theme between the OC and CC groups and that THEIR (that persons) perspective opinion/way that they conduct themselves is the ONLY right way.

If you really believe that, then you haven't been reading very carefully. The pro-OC folk are usually the ones bending over backward to point out that, in the end, how you want to carry is up to you and we do not challenge your personal right to carry as you see fit. We do suggest there are some benefits to OC that you might not have considered, but in the end it's your choice.

It's the anti-OC folk who have been critical of other people's choices, who have sneered and suggested that maybe folk OC because they are "looking for trouble" or "doubt their manhood."

From reading other numerous threads about OC/CC I get the impression that some of the posters are willing to trample on others (feeling, views, perspective, ect... of any given person/public). It's my way or the highway. And I believe that is simply not true. Each situation/event has a way that is slightly or grossly superior to either carrying, OC or CC.

The "my way or the highway" people are the CC-only folk. The pro-OC folk, just about without fail are more "if you feel more comfortable with CC, go for it."

Here is where I stick my neck out. **IMHO**, if you think that a person should just OC all the time or vise-versa then that person is narrow minded.

It's the "vice-versa" folk we run into here. Unless you can find a post where somebody said "nobody should ever concealed carry." I mean, we can find folk making the reverse statement.

We could all gives examples of how a situation/event could have been better handled or prepared in-advance (how to carry at that time). I think there should be a mix of the OC/CC but I don't have a decisive answer as to do one or the other at any given time. **Be nice**

Which is just what the pro-OC folk have been saying. Imagine that!

The stand-off between the OC'ing verses CC'ing groups will never produce a clear winner. IMHO.

Blessings everyone...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You will never see me bash anyone CCing or OCing. One way is not the only way.

I just want to see more people OC so more sheeple get used to it. That's not that much to ask.

And btw, I OC about 98% of the time.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Snojet-
    You haven't read the OC side very well at all. I am 100% pro-OC, but I CC 70-80% of the time. There's nobody on the OC side that has said that everyone should OC all the time. The pro-OC side is also very pro-CC. It just isn't that way for everyone on the pro-CC side (though there are a few who only carry concealed but are also pro-OC for those of us who wish to OC).

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Snojet-
    You haven't read the OC side very well at all. I am 100% pro-OC, but I CC 70-80% of the time. There's nobody on the OC side that has said that everyone should OC all the time. The pro-OC side is also very pro-CC. It just isn't that way for everyone on the pro-CC side (though there are a few who only carry concealed but are also pro-OC for those of us who wish to OC).

What he said.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Agree. The lost point here is that we need to simply be pro-carry. We allow in our own minds for people to make their own choices.

Present facts to help others by giving them the tools with which to make their decision be an informed one. It's of slightly less importance, but very similar to the "carry/don't carry" or even "own/don't own" or for that matter, any choice out there. It is to be made by the one person who will or will not do whatever the choice represents. It's only the people opposing "other people having the freedom to make their own decisions" that would remove that choice and attempt to dictate what everyone should do, based on what those individuals decide for the larger group.

The governments of Wisconsin and Illinois, the Bradys, VPC, etc. have all decided that they are much smarter than we insignificant peons, and therefore they must take away those things with which we, the unwashed, could injure ourselves (or possibly challenge their world-view); specifically, firearms.

The concealed-only groups, to include a few states (Texas and Florida, for two) and some people in various others have decided, consciously or unconsciously decided that based on television and other mass-media, only those in government service and criminals carry firearms openly, so anyone doing so and not wearing a badge is someone to fear and therefore should be removed from society.

There are many parallels, but the main "fix" for this is to simply live and let live. Make your own decision how you want to make your choices and STHU and let others do the same, unless you don't trust them to make their own decisions.... and then you need to do some thinking and figure out why and what places your decisions so far above reproach... or if they are.

Blessings,
    Bill

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Bump for anyone who can't stay on topic in other carry threads which end up getting locked.

As long as things stay civil, this IS the appropriate thread to voice and debate your OC/CC positions (and have them raped.;))

Have fun!:)

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    This is my favorite ride in the park. ;)

However, the OP of that last thread (and many others in the past) deserves a partial refund.:noway:

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    May I ask Mr. Jefferson to sum up the debate?

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory. - Thomas Jefferson

:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory. - Thomas Jefferson

OC is the only way. CC is for weenies. NA NA NA BOO BOO! :p

Oh wait. That was childish. I was going for :tantrum:

:laugh:

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Dang, who let SE in here?:):

While I agree that Tommy J. posed a strong trait of human nature, why would this lead a person beyond simply defending his own position? What makes people go on the attack against another's position or choice? It shows disrespect for the freedom and rights of those others.

There are many on this board who lean pro-this or pro-that without being anti-the other. I've found it to be the antis that are called out here and end up having problems getting along.

My :twocents:.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Boy, I wish I had gotten in on that Walmart thread. I like the part where so many people are arguing for the rights of the property owners to say "no guns" when the property owners have already said that they are ok with OC of guns on their property, and only the local employees are disagreeing (and the dispatch that doesn't know the NRA from a hole in the ground, apparently).

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Not only did Mr Jefferson sum up the debate, you illustrated his point brilliantly in the walmart thread.

Top Bottom