• Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    WOW

So my children shouldn't be allowed to say The Pledge Of Allegiance every morning because it might offend someone else in the room?

The principal of a high school shouldn't say a prayer before a graduation ceremony because someone in the room might feel uncomfortable?

We shouldn't post the 10 Commandments in the courthouse display case because someone might not agree with them and be uncomfortable?

That sure is a politically correct world you want to live in. Count me out please.

How did we get to prayer in the schools from OC? You sure know how to stretch things.

Look, I'm a smoker. I don't smoke around other people, I don't smoke inside buildings (including my home), and I don't throw my butts on the ground. Why? Because I'm a considerate person. I will not however, worry about someone SEEING a pack of cigarettes in my posession. If that offends them, tough. Same goes for SEEING a gun in my posession. If they don't like it, they need to be considerate of my rights and simply stop looking.

Who is talking about seeing a pack of cigs being offensive? Another big stretch of a post.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Who is talking about seeing a pack of cigs being offensive? Another big stretch of a post.

Not at all. You were talking about seeing a gun as being offensive. What's the difference?

You're the one who suggested that we don't allow people to see our guns for fear that it might offend them. If that's your way of thinking, then we shouldn't do any of those other things I mentioned because they might offend someone as well. What is the difference? Where do you draw the line? You can't have it both ways.

I think my point was crystal clear. Everyone else seems to have understood it perfectly.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Anti-gunners use the arguement that you are a target when OC. However, does that make a police officer a target while on duty? We must remember that criminals are cowards and do not want to get hurt or shot and will target those they know cannot defend themselves. Now if it is a Virginia Tech situation, I do not think the criminal is looking for someone who has a firearm. Those individuals are blinded by rage and hate. I do not believe that the criminal is looking for someone carrying a gun. He only wants the money or property. Many times we look at hypotheticals without having any evidence. I would go to the NRA website and search the Armed Citizen archives and see if any criminals have targeted open carriers.

Hopefully not, but maybe some day you might have to spend some time in a cell with Bubba and you can find out if all criminals are cowards. :D

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    biker_dudes_in_leather.jpg

I just wanna know where you got my photo? ;)

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Conditioning?
    I bet cigs kill more people each year in the US than guns do.

I bet they do too, which is why smoking is being banned in more and more places. You won't get an arguement out of me on this one. We are talking about visual intimidation, not physical use of the article (I hope). We are debating the never ending OC vs CC arguement and I doubt either side on this forum will budge an inch so it is time to move on to something more constructive. Have fun guys and gals. :rockwoot:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

Seeing a pack of cigarettes as opposed to seeing a gun.

No stretch at all. You were just trying to compare apples to moon rocks--comparing physical intrusion on another person's physical being (cigarette smoke actually breathed by another person) to simply seeing a gun--with your "analogy."

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

In much of the country, OC is illegal and in most of the rest is still very much uncommon.

I wouldn't say much. 42 states allow some form of open carry.
    OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!
    sd.html

I agree with you in-regards to the deterrent factor in many cases. Our hypothetical scenarios are really without limits as to the what-if's. I was hoping for a news account of someone that OC'ed and how the "event" played out, similar to the Florida hold up that involved the Subway and the Marine of page 5 of this post.
    Here's one.
    Two shot in South Richmond store | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Joe, you and a few others that think it is socially acceptible to be walking around a Wal-Mart in Indianapolis with a exposed gun on your hip are probably less than one percent of the population in this country. ...

Dick,

I don't give two :poop:s if it's "socially acceptable" or not. It's "socially acceptable" to favor Barry Hussein and support his crackpot agenda for this country.

I ain't buyin' in.

If the exercise of rights is not "socially acceptable", the problem is not with the individual doing so, but with society.

As for me, I'll carry however I da#n-well please, and I won't get in your way if you choose to do likewise. Speaking for myself, I'll ask the same courtesy in return.

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Dick,

I don't give two :poop:s if it's "socially acceptable" or not. It's "socially acceptable" to favor Barry Hussein and support his crackpot agenda for this country.

I ain't buyin' in.

If the exercise of rights is not "socially acceptable", the problem is not with the individual doing so, but with society.

As for me, I'll carry however I da#n-well please, and I won't get in your way if you choose to do likewise. Speaking for myself, I'll ask the same courtesy in return.

Blessings,
    Bill

:patriot:

Yup.

BTW, It's now socially acceptable to beat down everyone named Ryan. :bat:

Oh...uh..wait....

:runaway:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Michiana, this tangent of anti-OC for the consideration of people who don't respect our rights puts you at far greater odds with the majority of this board (and gun owners in general) than even the weakest of "tactical" opinions (which most could agree to disagree on.)

You never answered the following question:
    Has history ever shown a case of a right protected by hiding it? Ever?

Even those who do not OC seem perplexed by your rationale.:dunno:

Top Bottom