• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Free agency "officially" begins today at 4pm. The "tampering" period actually began on Saturday, meaning that agents can start speaking with teams, but can't officially sign with the team until 4pm today. So who do you want to see in a Colts uniform? Better question might be, who do you think we will get?

Frank Gore reportedly backed out of his agreement with the Eagles and had us in mind as well. I would love to have Gore, he's a reliable downhill runner.

Andre Johnson would be a huge pick up, but I would think he will require too much money for the Colts to bite.

We need a safety to replace Laron Landry (good riddance), we always need O lineman, and Robert Mathis needs help rushing the passer.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't follow the NFL like I used to but several times this weekend, my ESPN app sent me messages regarding Gore and Johnson, so I'm guessing there's legs to those rumors.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Da'Norris Seacry has been mentioned for a while at the SS position. I'd love to see him as a pick up.

Nick Fairley has been rumored as well. I don't really like that idea, he's kind of lazy.

As for Gore and AJ, just sign them. Great players with a little left in the tank. Instant upgrades for our O

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Free agency is generally just a time for teams to overspend on underperforming / downside of career guys.

If we can get Gore and/or AJ on one year deals - or two-years with team options for year #2, I'd like to do that.

Or maybe even convince MJD to unretire, but I think his former team/contract would have something to say about that.

Signed a 10-year O-line vet yesterday. One that had been released... Fat lot of help he'll be. Just another "guy" in a long list of "guys" who can barely play.

I think one of the O-linemen from the 49ers will be a FA today. Iupati or something like that. Lots of radio talking heads are high on him. He'd be a nice acquisition.

Other than that - don't know what, if anything, the Colts should do.

MUST be careful about overspending. They'll need a LOT of money NEXT year to sign some big time guys. Luck...Hilton...Both TE's... I personally haven't been convinced that Hilton is an actual #1 receiver, but he's all the Colts have at this point. I can't see Nicks competing for #1. Judgement still out on Montcrief (sp?) Duron Carter willstruggle just to make the roster.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Nick Fairley has been rumored as well. I don't really like that idea, he's kind of lazy

I really like the idea of bringing in another nose tackle, but I'm with ya on Fairley. Need someone reliable. I'm glad we didnt sign Suh, we would have overpaid by a big margin

Free agency is generally just a time for teams to overspend on underperforming / downside of career guys...

...I personally haven't been convinced that Hilton is an actual #1 receiver, but he's all the Colts have at this point. I can't see Nicks competing for #1. Judgement still out on Montcrief (sp?) Duron Carter willstruggle just to make the roster.

Yea TY Hilton is a home-run hitter but we need some underneath help, which Andre Johnson is great at. I think he would be an instant success. Also, if he's willing, he could definitely mentor and teach the younger guys. With Reggie gone, we have all young guys that could benefit from a grisly vet

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    UPDATE (via Colts twitter): Colts announced a contract extension for O lineman Joe Reitz.

Source: https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/575301153497350145

Don't know whether I'm a fan of that or not. I honestly don't think he'd be on any other roster than here. For the life of me, I just cannot figure out the systematic troubles with finding and keeping real honest-to-God starting NFL linemen here in Indy. I don't know if it's scouting or management (two sets!) or ownership. But it sucks.

With Reggie Wayne gone, I would think that free's up salaries for a bigger name. I am thinking Andre Johnson or Demarco Murray,

No idea if the Colts will want to pay for Murray. I think the Colts NEED a Murray-type back; but this year's draft class is evidently chock-full of RBs. Plus, there've been a few recent signings by premier RBs that have substantially raised the price of Murray. AND there's zero O-line help here in Indy. Dallas had one of the best, if not THE best OL in the league the last few years. That had much to do with Murray's success. The line here sucks - even with the veteran signing yesterday.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The next step is to hire an offensive line run blocking coach. I don't care who the running back was last year, when you are confronted by 2 D linemen and a linebacker 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage you're not going to run.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yea I saw a mini-documentary on him a while back. A good player with a fun personality. I welcome him with open arms. Maybe he'll be on INGO soon ;)

adam vinatieri is a big-time hunter as well. Lots of African safaris and trophies to his name. I have a sneaking suspicion that he's on INGO in some capacity, but I honestly don't follow the hunting / long-gun stuff all that much.

Top Bottom