• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The Raiders will push .500 this season IF not better. They're spending money, new coaching staff, etc. Not an easy "W" for teams marking W&L on the schedule. Don't take them for granted.

Money doesn't always equal wins.

And as far as the Raiders are concerned, I'll believe it when I see it.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    The Raiders will push .500 this season IF not better. They're spending money, new coaching staff, etc. Not an easy "W" for teams marking W&L on the schedule. Don't take them for granted.

They have a good young qb. I think they'll still struggle for a year, maybe 2, but they're on the upswing. Signing Richardson puts a hitch in that process though. He's no good

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Anybody else kinda get the feeling that we're gonna have an offensive juggernaut this year? Even if we have a middle-of-the-pack offensive line, there's just too many weapons. Even IF you somehow cover all of the receivers/tight ends/running backs, Luck's not opposed to pulling it down and taking off for 10-15 yards. It just feels like there's gonna be too many pieces for the defense to worry about. If we continue on our current trajectory of taking the next step every year, we should at least get into the Super Bowl. It'll be this generation's greatest show on turf.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Anybody else kinda get the feeling that we're gonna have an offensive juggernaut this year? Even if we have a middle-of-the-pack offensive line, there's just too many weapons. Even IF you somehow cover all of the receivers/tight ends/running backs, Luck's not opposed to pulling it down and taking off for 10-15 yards. It just feels like there's gonna be too many pieces for the defense to worry about. If we continue on our current trajectory of taking the next step every year, we should at least get into the Super Bowl. It'll be this generation's greatest show on turf.
    The Colts have the potential to be outstanding. Potential. Remember last season when good defenses shut the Colts down? The Colts offense had numerous "NDs" (shot themselves in the foot"

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The Colts have the potential to be outstanding. Potential. Remember last season when good defenses shut the Colts down? The Colts offense had numerous "NDs" (shot themselves in the foot"

Agreed but we basically had a nonexistent running game. Gore may be getting older but teams at least have to respect the run now.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    He has never been teh same since his knee injury, plus with all the other receivers, don't need an average WR anymore. He wasn't average before and he still made big plays from time to time, but not like before. Remember when Peyton left and everyone said Colts were done. Yeah, they are back on the Colts bandwagon.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I thought it was a good pickup for you guys. He's older but he's savvy.

Yeah. Old Bill might find a way to get some good production out of him. Turn him loose in the second half when the young guys are tired.......
    I have been saying for a while. Pats at Colts AFC Championship is coming. It'll be a tossup.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah. Old Bill might find a way to get some good production out of him. Turn him loose in the second half when the young guys are tired.......
    I have been saying for a while. Pats at Colts AFC Championship is coming. It'll be a tossup.

I'm sure. Bill's first question to Reggie, "....so, do you happen to have last year's playbook?"

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Pats at Colts AFC Championship is coming. It'll be a tossup.

No. No it won't, unfortunately.

The Colts Offensive line is still offensive. Luck will get murdered again this year. And it'll be amazing if he stays on the field all 16 games because of it.

Their D-line is also suspect. As are half their linebackers. I know it's the preaseason - but they still haven't done what needs to be done to stop the run.

Pats will win big here in week 5...unfortunately. And if there's a playoff meeting - they'll beat the Colts again.

And I hate the Pats.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    No. No it won't, unfortunately.

The Colts Offensive line is still offensive. Luck will get murdered again this year. And it'll be amazing if he stays on the field all 16 games because of it.

Their D-line is also suspect. As are half their linebackers. I know it's the preaseason - but they still haven't done what needs to be done to stop the run.

Pats will win big here in week 5...unfortunately. And if there's a playoff meeting - they'll beat the Colts again.

And I hate the Pats.
    I think you've got a good grasp on the issues.
    Colts have the skill players but the trenches are nothing more than scratches in the dirt so far.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I think you've got a good grasp on the issues.
    Colts have the skill players but the trenches are nothing more than scratches in the dirt so far.

This year's Colts are the same as they have been the last several: Built to win the worst division in the NFL. Their division hurts them tremendously. Once they play against GOOD teams - they struggle. They'll manage to beat a few, but against the big boys in the AFC - count on losses. Unless some miracle occurs across that Offensive Line - they'll have an anemic running game. Again. And unless some miracle occurs across the Defensive line - they'll not be able to stop the run. Again.

Luck's arm can only do so much. And he must be upright to do that.

I DO think the running game will be better, but only because there's been an upgrade at starting RB. BUT - he's old. And he's lost a step. Plus running behind that line will get him killed/injured, too. Gore is a stud, but it'd take a Sanders-esque RB to be truly successful behind this line.

I honestly expect Grigson/Pagano to be the fall guys (Thanks, CC!) for Irsay's failings as an owner.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'm sure. Bill's first question to Reggie, "....so, do you happen to have last year's playbook?"

Well sure.....That was the gaurantied part of the contract.....

I do think the rest of yoiu are underselling the Colts a bit. Good organization, good team. Pats play in a bad division too. Bills, Jets and The Fish. Jets have a pucher's chance every 2 or three years but the division generally is subpar.

Top Bottom