• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Watching the "D" play flat footed and well off the ball yesterday in the 1st half was painful. They did come out slugging in the 2nd half.

I still feel they are just poorly coached. Yes, there are other issues but the coaching is glaring IMHO.

Manusky has almost no real talent to work with - much less, elite talent. Vontae Davis has flashes of elite talent. Mathis used to, but is clearly waning. We have some promising rookies (the best of whom is now out for the season). Otherwise, we have a defensive unit filled with average talent. They play hard. They have heart. And grit. But they are outclassed in talent most weeks.

I continue to be impressed by the performances Manusky gets out of the Colts defense, week after week - especially when the offense and special teams keep putting them in generally bad situations.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Manusky has almost no real talent to work with - much less, elite talent. Vontae Davis has flashes of elite talent. Mathis used to, but is clearly waning. We have some promising rookies (the best of whom is now out for the season). Otherwise, we have a defensive unit filled with average talent. They play hard. They have heart. And grit. But they are outclassed in talent most weeks.

I continue to be impressed by the performances Manusky gets out of the Colts defense, week after week - especially when the offense and special teams keep putting them in generally bad situations.

You might be correct but seriously, I have coached 8th graders that could track and chase a play better than that "D". They are flat footed and not on the ball.
    Maybe not the best comparison but it is the NFL.
    Always amazes me they really get after it after the half on both sides of the ball.
    Huge gaps to run through. Talent lacking.....to a point yes. Not attempting/poor tackling is something else again.

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    I've always thought that there is not a lot of difference in talent from team to team in the NFL, great players just play hard every down. It is the coaches responsibility to access his talents strengths and adjust scheme to best utilize the talent in each down and distance situation. Discipline and being in the right spot has everything to do with mental focus and that is what is so frustrating and why bad teams upset good teams almost weekly in the NFL, it boils down to match ups, scheme, but most of all fiquring out how to get 52 20 somethings to focus on their job..that is tough in all professions

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Get fans, start NFL Europe league. Europe League champion plays NFL Champion for World Championship?

Germany, I think, is the only nation where another team could be successful. Bring London in will spur a much needed realignment.

Top Bottom