• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • =Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    Did anyone notice the knee-to-the-throat VonMiller put on one of our lineman? Check out THIS site and you can see it. I'm sure that sort of thing happens all of the time in the NFL, but it was pretty dirty.

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Did anyone notice the knee-to-the-throat VonMiller put on one of our lineman? Check out THIS site and you can see it. I'm sure that sort of thing happens all of the time in the NFL, but it was pretty dirty.

Glad to see that none of the Colt players gave a retaliatory shot.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

The bottom of a pile in a football game is the last place you want to be. What we saw last night was tame compared to what goes on at the bottom of a pile, especially if there is a loose football that is up for grabs.

You can use your imagination to come up with places players are grabbed and poked and pulled. The worst I had was an elbow to the adam's apple. Talk about instant reaction...my hands immediately went to my throat and I stopped fighting for the ball.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Good thing we've got a decent back up QB. We'll probably need him. Luck is getting hammered on a regular basis.

But Irsay said that Luck should be used to that by now. :rolleyes: I'm glad that the bye week is here. Maybe some injuries can get healed.

This is a start, but I'm not sold either. They showed up for one game. They finally made it over the hump, but there is a long way to go.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    But Irsay said that Luck should be used to that by now. :rolleyes: I'm glad that the bye week is here. Maybe some injuries can get healed.

This is a start, but I'm not sold either. They showed up for one game. They finally made it over the hump, but there is a long way to go.

I agree. They've played 6 quarters of decent football consecutively now (2nd half of Carolina was decent). With the bye week they should be able to get healthy, and also get a little more work with the new Offensive play calling.

Atlanta and Pittsburgh will be a tough games, but they have some very winnable games for the rest of the schedule. 9-7 is a very real possibility, and if they don't lay an egg vs. the AFC south teams the second time through, even a 7-9 season wins the conference and has them in the playoffs, where we've seen anything can happen.

Atlanta
    Tampa
    Pittsburgh
    Jacksonville
    Houston
    Miami
    Tennessee

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree. They've played 6 quarters of decent football consecutively now (2nd half of Carolina was decent). With the bye week they should be able to get healthy, and also get a little more work with the new Offensive play calling.

Atlanta and Pittsburgh will be a tough games, but they have some very winnable games for the rest of the schedule. 9-7 is a very real possibility, and if they don't lay an egg vs. the AFC south teams the second time through, even a 7-9 season wins the conference and has them in the playoffs, where we've seen anything can happen.

Atlanta
    Tampa
    Pittsburgh
    Jacksonville
    Houston
    Miami
    Tennessee

[video=youtube;40mhBE5MpbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40mhBE5MpbA[/video]

Somebody had to do it... :):

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts finish out with 3 wins and 4 losses out of the remaining 7 games.

That is a very good bet, especially given that 3 of those games are AFC South teams that Hasselbeck already beat. I think we might be able to sneak a win against Tampa or Miami as well. Like I said earlier, if they can just win the division, they are in the playoffs as at least a 4 seed. Conceivably you could rest Luck the rest of the season and perhaps have him play against the Titans if necessary to tune him back up before the play-offs.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    That is a very good bet, especially given that 3 of those games are AFC South teams that Hasselbeck already beat. I think we might be able to sneak a win against Tampa or Miami as well. Like I said earlier, if they can just win the division, they are in the playoffs as at least a 4 seed. Conceivably you could rest Luck the rest of the season and perhaps have him play against the Titans if necessary to tune him back up before the play-offs.

You're assuming the Colts make the playoffs. IF Hasselback gets hurt that's the season even in the AFC South.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You're assuming the Colts make the playoffs. IF Hasselback gets hurt that's the season even in the AFC South.

Correct. I'm assuming that the Colts should be able to at least beat Houston, Tennessee, and Jax with Hasselbeck, which would win the Division and put them in the playoffs. If Hasslebeck gets hurt...we're hosed. My bet is Tim Tebow would be getting a call...

dancrichy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    What a game! It was nice to see how the new OC finally called the game like Pep did in the first half against New England. Luck was throwing nice short passes and we were consistently running the ball well. I am a little dissapointed though that Peyton didn't get the record in Indy. That would have been pretty cool to see! I hope Matt can do as well the next game as Andrew did this game. Way to go Colts!

Top Bottom