• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Exactly mobile qb's just aren't franchise worthy. You get a few strong years at best before they start going downhill and struggle to preform or even stay on the field. Nothing beats a smart pocket passer for having a stable shot at winning games both during the regular season and come playoffs.
    Maybe some here need to learn the difference in a mobile QB and a running QB. Running QB’s are just that, they run if the first read is not there. Mobile QB’s can escape the pocket, roll out, buy time, all while going through their progressions. Then if nothing is there the good ones make magic happen in the play after all breaks down and if all is covered get that first down by running.

Todays D-lines have even better athletes than PM faced, sitting in a pocket will get a QB creamed as much as running…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly mobile qb's just aren't franchise worthy. You get a few strong years at best before they start going downhill and struggle to preform or even stay on the field. Nothing beats a smart pocket passer for having a stable shot at winning games both during the regular season and come playoffs.
    Depends what you mean by mobile QB's. If you mean QB's which are basically a RB operating form the QB position but occasionally passes, yes. It works in college, but makes for a short lived QB in the NFL. But if you mean a drop back passer with great athletic ability, ask Mahomes. Ask Aaron Rogers. Ask Donvan McNabb. Fran Tarkington. A team that can extend a play instead of a sack or incomplete pass has more success than one that can't do that.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Depends what you mean by mobile QB's. If you mean QB's which are basically a RB operating form the QB position but occasionally passes, yes. It works in college, but makes for a short lived QB in the NFL. But if you mean a drop back passer with great athletic ability, ask Mahomes. Ask Aaron Rogers. Ask Donvan McNabb. Fran Tarkington. A team that can extend a play instead of a sack or incomplete pass has more success than one that can't do that.
    This is the right answer. Mobile does not mean running instead of passing. If we take our favorite QB AR who has played one complete game and break down his stats he has ran over 6 times per game. Twice he ran 10 times and no doubt would have ran more it not for injury. That is not sustainable as we all know now. This has to change or the Colts will rely on the back-up every year.

GourdOnTheDoor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2022
    Noblesville
    Maybe some here need to learn the difference in a mobile QB and a running QB. Running QB’s are just that, they run if the first read is not there. Mobile QB’s can escape the pocket, roll out, buy time, all while going through their progressions. Then if nothing is there the good ones make magic happen in the play after all breaks down and if all is covered get that first down by running.

Todays D-lines have even better athletes than PM faced, sitting in a pocket will get a QB creamed as much as running…
    You can control the pocket without being all that mobile it takes more awareness and making quick smart reads than anything. I have seen slow qb's manage the pocket and know when they can run if they have to but focusing on finding the open man until the last second. Obviously times change and there are some very capable and versatile mobile (i was referring to running my apologies)

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    You can control the pocket without being all that mobile it takes more awareness and making quick smart reads than anything. I have seen slow qb's manage the pocket and know when they can run if they have to but focusing on finding the open man until the last second. Obviously times change and there are some very capable and versatile mobile (i was referring to running my apologies)
    I heard that Brady guy did pretty well doing that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Only with an EXCEPTIONAL line. The offensive line cannot hold back todays rushing attack more than about three seconds…

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    People who actually run NFL franchise’s disagree with you. So I’ll probably side with them on this one.
    Really? Is that why Peyton and TB could have chose practically any team in the nfl when they were leaving? Most teams want a QB that is going to be there for a long duration of time, hence the term “franchise quarterback”. As was stated here by multiple people, mobile QB’s bring something to the table, but it is temporary. The longevity isnt there.

Would you invest in a QB that is going to win games for 3 seasons, or invest in a QB that is going to win games for 10+? Thats part of our issue, is every couple of years we are back to square one. You may see it as having a mobile QB adds pressure to the defense, I see it as it adds pressure to the entire team and future of the organization. I would take a strong RB and pocket QB over a mobile QB any day. Let the guy paid to rush the football put the pressure on the defense and keep them on their toes. Let my QB be a QB.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I would take a strong RB and pocket QB over a mobile QB any day. Let the guy paid to rush the football put the pressure on the defense and keep them on their toes. Let my QB be a QB.

I understand that that’s what you would take.

See below.

People who actually run NFL franchise’s disagree with you. So I’ll probably side with them on this one.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    This is the right answer.

Woah woah woah

Isn’t this “walking it back” or “covering your butt” or whatever I was accused of?

This has NOT been your tone since last year’s draft.

You’ve said Manning and Brady every chance you get. They are not mobile quarterbacks. Not even close.

Don’t back down now. Stick to your guns man. You want a statue in the pocket that falls down every time there’s a hint of pressure, because that equals longevity.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Woah woah woah

Isn’t this “walking it back” or “covering your butt” or whatever I was accused of?

This has NOT been your tone since last year’s draft.

You’ve said Manning and Brady every chance you get. They are not mobile quarterbacks. Not even close.

Don’t back down now. Stick to your guns man. You want a statue in the pocket that falls down every time there’s a hint of pressure, because that equals longevity.
    Not so. You took one line from my post and twisted it to your needs. That is very much a liberal thing to do .
    I have always been opposed to "running "QBs. Mobile does not mean running. Some short lived QB's would tuck and run at the first sign of pressure. You know who they are.

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Not so. You took one line from my post and twisted it to your needs. That is very much a liberal thing to do .
    I have always been opposed to "running "QBs. Mobile does not mean running. Some short lived QB's would tuck and run at the first sign of pressure. You know who they are.

It’s not one line brother. Brady and Manning. Brady and Manning. Brady and Manning. That’s all you talk about.

Now you want a mobile quarterback?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom