Not open for further replies.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Still, we had it right there at our feet and didn’t get it done. I know one thing from being there last night, the home crowd couldn’t have done any more. I’m already looking forward to following AR’s rehab and other team developments over the off season and opening kickoff next season, though.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Do you think someone will grab Minshew?

I was thinking about this this morning.

Minshew had a bad game on prime time. Is that kind’ve a blessing in disguise for us?

He showed that he’s a backup quarterback. A really good backup, but definitely a backup.

This season especially has shown how valuable backups are.

There’s no way a team would consider Minshew for their starter, right? He’s just not that dude. He’s not going to elevate the players around him into something special.

Colts should prioritize bringing him back.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As a starting QB, Minshew makes a solid backup. Last I checked he's in the middle of the pack in QBR. He's only had to start because of Richardson's injury. If Richardson can stay healthy and play well, Minshew is just fine as a backup. He only had a 1 year deal with the Colts. I think his performance as a starter probably ups his stock as a backup. He kept the Colts in playoff contention up to the last game. I wouldn't mind if they kept him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Steichen is a savage.

Was that after that last 4th down play?

I've heard some commentators say it's just as much on Goodson. I don't see it.

I watched the video several times, paused at various points on the play. Doesn't look to me like Minshew led him enough. Maybe Goodson didn't run a precise route. Maybe he was supposed to be where Minshew threw it. I doubt it.

But as it was I don't see how Goodson could have done any more than touch the ball with his fingertips. If it made it into his palms, yeah, he has to catch that.

But, if Minshew led him just a bit more that's a 1st down. So yeah, I think that was on him.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Was that after that last 4th down play?

I've heard some commentators say it's just as much on Goodson. I don't see it.

I watched the video several times, paused at various points on the play. Doesn't look to me like Minshew led him enough. Maybe Goodson didn't run a precise route. Maybe he was supposed to be where Minshew threw it. I doubt it.

But as it was I don't see how Goodson could have done any more than touch the ball with his fingertips. If it made it into his palms, yeah, he has to catch that.

But, if Minshew led him just a bit more that's a 1st down. So yeah, I think that was on him.

Not on the 4th down play. And actually I think I heard someone say they were spliced together from different plays.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The Colts had one of the toughest defensive schedules and finished as a fringe top-10 offense without QB1or RB1 for most of the season, and limited weapons outside of Pittman.

The future is bright with Steichen.

389FCFA1-B0D7-4047-B4CE-A6EE4E5660F4.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom