Clifford, IN

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

This is not a good look IMO. I suspect there will be no photo ops standing next to CJ, Will, or Anthony. He will throw at Alabama's combine with receivers he's thrown to all year. I hope the Colts don't waste a first round pick on a prima donna.

Bryce Young will not throw or run drills at NFL combine​

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

This is not a good look IMO. I suspect there will be no photo ops standing next to CJ, Will, or Anthony. He will throw at Alabama's combine with receivers he's thrown to all year. I hope the Colts don't waste a first round pick on a prima donna.

Luck didn’t throw at the combine either. Not sure anyone would ever accuse him of being a prima donna…..

99% of what teams need to know about these players is already on tape.

Young not throwing is really a nothingburger.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Luck didn’t throw at the combine either. Not sure anyone would ever accuse him of being a prima donna…..

99% of what teams need to know about these players is already on tape.

Young not throwing is really a nothingburger.
    He also quit on the team but that's a nothingburger.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Drew Brees was considered too short. Doug Flutie, though he was pretty good, he didn't have any where near Brees' success. Michael Vick, pretty good before and after his stay in the grey bar hotel. All that to say, height probably is overrated at qb. But I'm not sure how tall Bryce Young is. I suppose there is a point at which 'less-than-tall' can become a detriment. Where that point is may be unique to each athlete.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Chris Ballard’s quote on QB workouts at the combine:

“They’re throwing on air let’s be real, and then they’re throwing on air against wideouts they really never thrown with. Let’s be realistic here, they all have plenty of tape to watch, that’s where we’re going to get a lot from it…”

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Chris Ballard’s quote on QB workouts at the combine:

“They’re throwing on air let’s be real, and then they’re throwing on air against wideouts they really never thrown with. Let’s be realistic here, they all have plenty of tape to watch, that’s where we’re going to get a lot from it…”
    Except one is throwing to wideouts he has been with at least a year. Also a side by side comparison on the same field is avoided. You may be high on the guy but he seems the most likely to be a bust due to his size. Rumor in the SEC during the season was the 194# listed was very generous. We shall see.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Believe me the combine is becoming less important in NFL terms. Pro day and private workouts seem to be where the very top players are being told
    By there handlers they should do.

Most All go to combine for measurements 40 speed ect and interviews. Skill drills many seem to be less important in the era where everyone in America has a cell phone with video camera.

If a team is interested enough they already have a video file full of interesting items.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Except one is throwing to wideouts he has been with at least a year. Also a side by side comparison on the same field is avoided. You may be high on the guy but he seems the most likely to be a bust due to his size. Rumor in the SEC during the season was the 194# listed was very generous. We shall see.

I’m not high on him at all.

You called him a prima donna for not throwing at the combine.

I’m simply showing that NFL level general managers don’t view throwing in shorts to air as nearly as big of a deal as you do apparently.

Personally I think all of the QB’s this year have bust potential.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Believe me the combine is becoming less important in NFL terms. Pro day and private workouts seem to be where the very top players are being told
    By there handlers they should do.

Most All go to combine for measurements 40 speed ect and interviews. Skill drills many seem to be less important in the era where everyone in America has a cell phone with video camera.

If a team is interested enough they already have a video file full of interesting items.

Yep. This.

I’ve heard people say that if the combine moves from Indy to LA or whenever that NFL teams may not even send anybody at all.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The Combine isn't representative of competitive, in-game circumstances. I suspect actual game film is far more useful than Combine performance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom