• Round 5, Pick 164 overall (from BUF)
    • Round 7, Pick 223 overall
    • Round 7, Pick 238 overall (from TB)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If he were 6’3” 220lbs, he’d be the clear #1. Unfortunately he is not…

Richardson is the biggest project but arguably has the highest upside. Does Ballard believe in his staff enough to draft the guy with freak traits and trust them to develop him to his full potential?

If it means anything, I think I saw Michael Pittman Jr put on Instagram that he wanted Stroud.
    Agreed. That's exactly my concern. Bryce seems to have excellent football smarts and acumen, and is very poised, but if Luck could not stand up to the beating with the Colts, how can Bryce do so without the size, etc.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Agreed. That's exactly my concern. Bryce seems to have excellent football smarts and acumen, and is very poised, but if Luck could not stand up to the beating with the Colts, how can Bryce do so without the size, etc.
    Maybe he will be better at not getting hit, Luck could have avoided some hits by rolling out, moving up, or throwing the ball away rather than stand in and take massive hits…

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is certainly a possibility. Someone of his stature will avoid big collisions at all costs.
    And the game continues to evolve to protect QBs.

That said Tua still is going to have some scrambled eggs for brains if he continue like he is.

But I do believe Bryce generally seemed to avoid contact even in the SEC where defense is actually a thing. That shoulder getting jammed up this season hopefully reinforced the need to slide.

But that can be tougher to do if you have to come right into the NFL as a rookie starting QB.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    And the game continues to evolve to protect QBs.

That said Tua still is going to have some scrambled eggs for brains if he continue like he is.

But I do believe Bryce generally seemed to avoid contact even in the SEC where defense is actually a thing. That shoulder getting jammed up this season hopefully reinforced the need to slide.

But that can be tougher to do if you have to come right into the NFL as a rookie starting QB.

Rick Venturi said on the radio the other day that Bryce Young is his clear #1 above everyone else and he wants the Colts to do whatever it takes to get to the top pick to get him.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Interesting article. Kinda goes to the point we said earlier. There really isn’t much correlation between size and injuries. If anything, the limited data we have says smaller quarterbacks get hurt less.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Interesting article. Kinda goes to the point we said earlier. There really isn’t much correlation between size and injuries. If anything, the limited data we have says smaller quarterbacks get hurt less.

From the article there is not much to go on.

There is, effectively, almost no useful historical data on a quarterback Young's size.

Since 2000, nine quarterbacks have appeared in an NFL game listed at 6-1, 200 pounds or smaller. They have started a total of 177 games (106 by Garcia) and appeared in five Pro Bowls (4 for Garcia, 1 for Flutie).

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    From the article there is not much to go on.

There is, effectively, almost no useful historical data on a quarterback Young's size.

Since 2000, nine quarterbacks have appeared in an NFL game listed at 6-1, 200 pounds or smaller. They have started a total of 177 games (106 by Garcia) and appeared in five Pro Bowls (4 for Garcia, 1 for Flutie

Agreed. There’s just not much there. I’ve heard some people call Young the Steph Curry of the NFL. Undersized but makes up for it in other ways.

Who knows :dunno:

Ballard is a big size/traits guy. I really can’t imagine him taking a QB that small.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Agreed. There’s just not much there. I’ve heard some people call Young the Steph Curry of the NFL. Undersized but makes up for it in other ways.

Who knows :dunno:

Ballard is a big size/traits guy. I really can’t imagine him taking a QB that small.
    Playing at Alabama surely helped his stats. When every lineman and receiver is a 5 star it matters. Imagine Young playing at IU or Kentucky. We probably would not even be talking about him.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Playing at Alabama surely helped his stats. When every lineman and receiver is a 5 star it matters. Imagine Young playing at IU or Kentucky. We probably would not even be talking about him.
    I've thought about this too. I'm not saying he's not talented, but you have to wonder how much a player's stats are affected by the talent that surrounds him. Conversely though, the NFL scouts aren't just looking at stats. If so, then Levis probably wouldn't be a consideration. I know I'm not qualified to judge potential NFL talent in a player, so I'm just hoping the Colt's staff can make the right decision.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

The inverse of that can also be true. The top recruits play at the top schools. If Levis or Richardson were better prospects, maybe they would’ve played at the Ohio States/Alabama/Clemson’s of the world.

Bama QB’s have had a pretty good run recently. Tua was good last year apart from the concussions. Jalen Hurts is pretty darn good.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well. Fran Tarkington wasn't all that big and had a fairly injury free career. Other than the broken leg season he didn't miss more than one game in the other 17 seasons.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I like this.

“Manning has spent most of his coaching career in the college ranks but was the Colts’ tight ends coach in 2018, the team’s first season under Frank Reich. That year, tight end Eric Ebron led the club with 13 touchdown receptions. He caught 66 passes for 750 yards.”

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom