• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Obviously NFL contracts are written in cotton candy, but that seems like a pretty significant deal

For the coach the long term helps keep the owner in their seat longer when the sooner the coach is fired the more the owner owes. (Recently read NFL teams owe $850 million to coaches no longer employed by the team.)

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I hope this works out just as much as anyone else. However, until a coach proves they can consistently manage the traditional roles of the head coach and OC, I'm very skeptical. While I didn't watch them too much through the regular season, I noticed the Eagles relied on this guy to call plays as OC. He did it well, but he may not have had to be as big picture as a head coach doing both.

As for a QB, one I think could be the diamond in the rough is Stetson Bennett. I don't see very many people talking about him as compared to others. But, as others have been stating something has to happen with that OL

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I hope this works out just as much as anyone else. However, until a coach proves they can consistently manage the traditional roles of the head coach and OC, I'm very skeptical. While I didn't watch them too much through the regular season, I noticed the Eagles relied on this guy to call plays as OC. He did it well, but he may not have had to be as big picture as a head coach doing both.

As for a QB, one I think could be the diamond in the rough is Stetson Bennett. I don't see very many people talking about him as compared to others. But, as others have been stating something has to happen with that OL

I think there’s something like 17 “offensive” head coaches in the league and only like 2 don’t call plays themselves.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think there’s something like 17 “offensive” head coaches in the league and only like 2 don’t call plays themselves.

Oh I'm clear and obviously it can be done effectively. But like I said, until a coach shows they can do it without being predictable and stale or having it effect clock management I'm skeptical. From outside looking in it just seems like a bunch to keep balanced

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Where will Derek Carr land?

“Earlier today, PointsBet updated their board. The Panthers are the favorites at +140, with the Saints (a team Carr visited last week) at +150.”

“Next are the Jets at +275, with the Buccaneers at +800, the Commanders at +1400, the Patriots at +1400, the Titans at +1800, the Colts at +2000, the Falcons at +2000, the Packers at +2000, and the Texans at +4000.”

“The Commanders won’t do it, based on coach Ron Rivera’s on-the-record comments from last week. The Patriots seem to be not an option, given that McDaniels didn’t do well ;ast season in Patriot Way West. And the Colts seem to be off the “veteran quarterback” wagon.”

“The Jets become intriguing, now that former Raiders quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator Todd Downing is the passing-game coordinator in New York.”

For the Panthers to be the favorite, the sports books must know something.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Where will Derek Carr land?

“Earlier today, PointsBet updated their board. The Panthers are the favorites at +140, with the Saints (a team Carr visited last week) at +150.”

“Next are the Jets at +275, with the Buccaneers at +800, the Commanders at +1400, the Patriots at +1400, the Titans at +1800, the Colts at +2000, the Falcons at +2000, the Packers at +2000, and the Texans at +4000.”

“The Commanders won’t do it, based on coach Ron Rivera’s on-the-record comments from last week. The Patriots seem to be not an option, given that McDaniels didn’t do well ;ast season in Patriot Way West. And the Colts seem to be off the “veteran quarterback” wagon.”

“The Jets become intriguing, now that former Raiders quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator Todd Downing is the passing-game coordinator in New York.”

For the Panthers to be the favorite, the sports books must know something.

It would be kind of comical if Reich ends up with another retread QB.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Don’t laugh too much…Rodgers is gonna be available…and you know how Ballard likes “proven” quarterbacks.
    Not this time. That ship has sailed and as CP says, Ballard is on the hot seat and the owner and fans alike want a young QB to build on.

I believe Rodgers needs up in Vegas…

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Can Bryce Young take the beating at his size? I think history says no.

ESPN’s Todd McShay listed Will Levis as Carr’s anticipated replacement in his newest first-round pick predictions released Wednesday morning. He expects the Indianapolis Colts to trade up to No. 1 to take Alabama’s Bryce Young, followed by the Houston Texans taking Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud at No. 2.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Can Bryce Young take the beating at his size? I think history says no.

ESPN’s Todd McShay listed Will Levis as Carr’s anticipated replacement in his newest first-round pick predictions released Wednesday morning. He expects the Indianapolis Colts to trade up to No. 1 to take Alabama’s Bryce Young, followed by the Houston Texans taking Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud at No. 2.
    I think Stroud would be a better choice. I mean for a Butteye, that kid has some heart and talent, and intellect...for a Butteye. And he has the size to be successful. 6'3 220.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think Stroud would be a better choice. I mean for a Butteye, that kid has some heart and talent, and intellect...for a Butteye. And he has the size to be successful. 6'3 220.
    Don’t want that, seems like Fields 2.0. I want a pocket passer that can run when needed but not a consistent 70 yard rushing QB…

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Hate to break it to ya, but there’s not one of those in this draft…

To expound on this point.

Young and Stroud are more the traditional pocket passers.

Levis and Richardson are the more athletic/mobile quarterbacks.

And honestly if any of those quarterback were in another draft year, I’m not sure any of them would be 1st rounders. It’s just a down year for QB’s.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    To expound on this point.

Young and Stroud are more the traditional pocket passers.

Levis and Richardson are the more athletic/mobile quarterbacks.

And honestly if any of those quarterback were in another draft year, I’m not sure any of them would be 1st rounders. It’s just a down year for QB’s.
    The times I saw AR-15 play, I wasn't overly impressed.

Bryce has really good field vision and processes his options extremely well, and makes good decisions. I do have concerns about how much of a beating he can take when not behind an O line like he had at Alabama.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The times I saw AR-15 play, I wasn't overly impressed.

Bryce has really good field vision and processes his options extremely well, and makes good decisions. I do have concerns about how much of a beating he can take when not behind an O line like he had at Alabama.

If he were 6’3” 220lbs, he’d be the clear #1. Unfortunately he is not…

Richardson is the biggest project but arguably has the highest upside. Does Ballard believe in his staff enough to draft the guy with freak traits and trust them to develop him to his full potential?

If it means anything, I think I saw Michael Pittman Jr put on Instagram that he wanted Stroud.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    If he were 6’3” 220lbs, he’d be the clear #1. Unfortunately he is not…
    If the Colts draft him they will pay him to sit on the bench injured. Or he'll do just enough to get a huge contract before sitting on the bench injured. Either way injured.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom