Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Doug Pederson Not Ready To Name QB​

Jaguars coach Doug Pederson also is not naming a starter for Sunday’s game at the Browns.

Lawrence did not practice Wednesday and the normal recovery time for a high ankle sprain would suggest he’s got no shot of playing in the game.

But Lawrence was no longer in a walking boot or using crutches as he entered a press conference with reporters. He walked with no noticeable limp. He did have the ankle wrapped.

“I feel a lot better,” Lawrence said. “I feel a lot better than I thought I’d feel.”

Lawrence felt well enough to clarify an ongoing curiosity about his injury Monday and that is whether the team has a cart. And if so, why he didn’t ride one back to the locker room after his injury.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Not in the far bottom left, that's for sure.

But it is quite telling how you keep celebrating AR's injury.
    The fact than both Titan QB's are in the far bottom tell you anything? It tells me a lot. But I'm not the expert that is happy the Colts drafted an injury prone QB.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Menshew Magic is real, baby!
    Levis > A.R.
    I'm stunned to see Carr placed so well on the graph.
    I wouldn’t put too much on that stat. Brock Purdy is fairly low on that graph. I’d take Purdy over Minshew. Hell. He’s in Curt Cousins territory on that graph. As a frustrated vikings fan I’d rather have Purdy.

And face it. That’s a stat that some teams have to use more often than others. If you have a good running game and good receivers, the QB doesn’t have to create something out of nothing very often. Not saying it’s not important or desirable to have those elite skills. It’s not everything. A lot of other QB attributes rolls into an overall QB rating besides that one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The fact than both Titan QB's are in the far bottom tell you anything? It tells me a lot. But I'm not the expert that is happy the Colts drafted an injury prone QB.
    Well, let’s not write him off just yet. Maybe he’ll get hurt again his first game back. Or. He could go several seasons without another injury. It’s what we have. He’s talented and athletic. Let’s wait and see.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Well, let’s not write him off just yet. Maybe he’ll get hurt again his first game back. Or. He could go several seasons without another injury. It’s what we have. He’s talented and athletic. Let’s wait and see.
    I'm hoping he does but it's so easy to irritate the fanboys.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have no patience for ignorance. Gotta take my own advice and not feed the trolls. That’s on me. I’ll own that and be better. :thumbsup:
    I mean. Is anyone really trolling here? People have strong opinions about this stuff. It's okay when other people have strong opposing opinions. When it comes to sports, our opinions feel more like they're based on facts and stats and whatnot. But at the end of the day, we're fans. We use facts and stats to justify our opinions. I think we can cut each other a little slack.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exception to the giving of slack. If you hate Tom Brady, you're just a hater and a troll. There. I said it. :):

1701914248671.png

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It says that they both suck at making plays happen when receivers are covered. :dunno:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm hoping he does but it's so easy to irritate the fanboys.
    I'm always going to fanboy for my team's QB. Always have; always will.

Most people call that being a fan - especially when compared to pining for another team's QB while celebrating one's own team's QB's injury.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I mean. Is anyone really trolling here? People have strong opinions about this stuff. It's okay when other people have strong opposing opinions. When it comes to sports, our opinions feel more like they're based on facts and stats and whatnot. But at the end of the day, we're fans. We use facts and stats to justify our opinions. I think we can cut each other a little slack.
    "Are you on your period" is both trolling and childish.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just to be clear, I'm not celebrating AR's injury. I think he has tremendous potential. Truly, the verdict is still out on AR. I hope he does well for the Colts. I just seem to recall RG3's potential....
    Right now, it's time to ride the Magic Menchew train!
    Idunno though. RG3’s game relied too much on option offense and his physical abilities. After he came back from his injury, defenses kinda figured out the option stuff and RG3 lost some of his physical ability. He had no other dimension to his game. He was done.

AR has some other dimensions. We’ll see how long lived his game is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom