Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Todays game is not the game Dilfer and Flacco played. The advent of the mobile QB that can roll out, move the pocket, and still throw accurately all before the decision to run is even processed has revolutionized the game. Heck a prime Manning likely would not perform like folks expect as the defenders have so much more athleticism and speed, thus necessitating the QB described above.

Yes, Ryan is old and likely losing it, but he is an old school relic still trying to stand in the pocket with the line desperately trying to hold off the defensive freaks coming and coming fast. Even Brady is struggling with these defenses. This season of Allen, Hebert, Hurts, Tua, and several others has solidified in my mind that the pocket passer era is over.
    Yeah. In the case of Brady, and Ryan, they're older and slower. They both were always slow. And that has made them less successful than they could have been. Now, it's more frequently that it impacts their play. IF they were mobile QB's from the start, given their drop-back talent, I wonder how much more effective they'd have been.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah. In the case of Brady, and Ryan, they're older and slower. They both were always slow. And that has made them less successful than they could have been. Now, it's more frequently that it impacts their play. IF they were mobile QB's from the start, given their drop-back talent, I wonder how much more effective they'd have been.
    IF would have meant they would be even more successful than they have been, but they did not face the quantity of defensive freaks there are in the game now. How great would Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor be today? Not what they were 30 years ago…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Texans beat the Titans.

Jaguars are totally gonna win the AFC South. :rofl:

If the Texans win out and the Colts lose out, they would finish ahead of the Colts in the division and the Colts would move up another draft spot! Seems unlikely they will beat the Jags next week, but not impossible.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If the Texans win out and the Colts lose out, they would finish ahead of the Colts in the division and the Colts would move up another draft spot! Seems unlikely they will beat the Jags next week, but not impossible.
    The Jags may rest some players against the Texans also, then Indy controls their destiny by losing to the texans…

That raises the question of whether both teams will rest their starters in Week 17, when the Titans face the Cowboys and the Jaguars face the Texans. It might be better for both teams to keep their best players healthy for the game with the division title on the line than to risk injuries to win a largely meaningless game in Week 17. It is still possible for either the Titans or the Jaguars to be a wild card team, but that’s a long shot. Most likely, the loser of the Week 18 game will miss the playoffs entirely.”

“What if the Week 18 Titans-Jaguars game ends in a tie? That’s when Week 17 could matter: If Week 18 were a tie, then the Titans would win the AFC South if they win Week 17 and the Jaguars lose Week 17. If either the Jaguars win Week 17 or the Titans lose Week 17, then the Jaguars would win the AFC South with a Week 18 tie.”

“But what we know for sure is that the winner of the AFC South will be decided in Week 18 in Jacksonville.”

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Rams win. Colts move up to #5. If the Cardinals win, we move up to #4.

Current draft order, before tonight’s game:

1) Texans, definitely taking a QB
    2) Bears, definitely not taking a QB
    3) Seahawks, maybe take a QB? Do they love Geno?
    4) Cardinals, probably not taking a QB, Murray’s under contract
    5) Colts

We could get QB2 and not even have to move up. The worry is, will other teams want to jump ahead of us and trade up with the Bears or Seahawks or whoever.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Top 10 in mock draft.

1672023857786.jpeg

Of course this doesn’t reflect the colts moving up.

I think the Bears will trade down. And I don’t think Ballard is gonna pick Levis.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I do yes. I think Jim loves him, or at least loves the idea of him.

But I probably should’ve put an asterisk next to that statement.

**If** Ballard is the GM, he will trade down.
    Irsay said that Ballard's job isn't in jeopardy, so I'd be surprised if he's not back. I don't think it's a good idea to signal that the guy can do no wrong though. If he's not gonna fire him maybe a little pressure wouldn't be a bad thing.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom