code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Last 16 QB’s to win Super Bowls:

19’ Tom Brady
    18’ Nick Foles (who played tremendously)
    17’ Tom Brady
    16’ Peyton Manning
    15’ Tom Brady
    14’ Russell Wilson
    13’ Joe Flacco
    12’ Eli Manning
    11’ Ben Rothlesberger
    10’ Drew Brees
    09’ Ben Rothlesberger
    08’ Eli Manning
    07’ Peyton Manning
    06’ Ben Rothlesberger
    05’ Tom Brady
    04’ Tom Brady

You were saying? Maybe average QB’s could win Super Bowl’s 20 years ago, but not anymore.
    I didn’t say average. Who says Brissett is average?

A lot of those Super Bowl wins weren’t because of quarterback play. Payton Manning’s last superbowl victory he won despite his mediocre play. He sucked all year. They won because they had a killer defense, and a only an okay offense.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    His statistics aren’t comparable yet. He hasn’t played an entire season yet, comparing him with WB’s that have played 10 years is going to have some inconsistency.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    No need even thinking about Luck. Brissett is good when he's healthy, but he definitely wasn't healthy today. Agreed about the rest. I still think there needs to be a change in the off-season training. Young healthy guys shouldn't be getting hurt at the rate that they are. Look at what Brady does. Do that. (as much as it pains me to say it) He's in his 40's and how often is he missing games because he's injured? And he is taking hits just like everyone else. Train like he does. Just like your sig line says, Harry...

I'm not saying JB doesn't have skills. What I think is missing with JB might be the killer instinct to win. When the game is on the line.....

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Even accounting for the ones affected by games played, he’s in the 15-20 range as far as QB’s go. You could definitely do worse, but he’s nowhere near close to even being top 10. I fully the expect the Colts to stick with him.

I agree he’s not close to being a top 10, but let’s give him a season or 2 then see how he compares. Do I think he will ever be a Brady/manning/Marino level WB... of course not, though he may turn out to be a QB that we can depend on being consistent week in and week out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, Houston beat the Pats last night. :( That hammering sound you hear? I think it's the final nails being driven into the coffin for the Colts' playoff hopes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, Houston beat the Pats last night. :( That hammering sound you hear? I think it's the final nails being driven into the coffin for the Colts' playoff hopes.

I was amazed that the Pats got hammered with calls.
    I was pleased to see Brady about to have a meltdown.
    I was glad to see the pats get whooped.

The Colts are not a playoff level team. We all called this early on. They played with a lot of heart but that will not carry a season especially against the cream that has risen to the top.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    And now for the least surprising news of the day, Chester Rogers likely out for the rest of the season with a fractured knee. Our only wide receivers are Ashton Dulin, Margus Johnson, and Zach Pascal. Three guys that we weren’t even sure were going to make the roster back in training camp.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was amazed that the Pats got hammered with calls.
    I was pleased to see Brady about to have a meltdown.
    I was glad to see the pats get whooped.

The Pats, like the Colts have no one to throw the ball to. So many times Brady threw a pass where no receiver even went to the area. Frustration is an enemy in itself, it adds no value. If they don't figure something out, they very well could lose the division to the Bills...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    The Pats, like the Colts have no one to throw the ball to. So many times Brady threw a pass where no receiver even went to the area. Frustration is an enemy in itself, it adds no value. If they don't figure something out, they very well could lose the division to the Bills...

There’s not much that would make me happier than to see the Bills win that division.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Belechick and Brady are old. I can’t see either of them in the game much longer. It’ll happen soon enough.

I do not see that at all. They are 10-2 and have no receivers. With the Gronk retirement they needed someone to step up. Not for lack of trying, they brought in Josh Gordon, a former stud to rehabilitate, but now Seattle is trying to rehabilitate him now. They then brought in Antonio Brown but he lied on the contract, was sued, and released. They have all the pieces except receivers and TE, especially no one to go long and fast.

Where does that translate to BB and TB not going much longer?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do not see that at all. They are 10-2 and have no receivers. With the Gronk retirement they needed someone to step up. Not for lack of trying, they brought in Josh Gordon, a former stud to rehabilitate, but now Seattle is trying to rehabilitate him now. They then brought in Antonio Brown but he lied on the contract, was sued, and released. They have all the pieces except receivers and TE, especially no one to go long and fast.

Where does that translate to BB and TB not going much longer?

Brady is very long in the tooth to play the game.

Belacheat can stand on the side lines for years but Brady, who is the key, not so much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom