Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wait. Brissett ISN’T the second coming? C’mon people

Not sure who thought he was "the second coming"? I still think he has injury issues that hamper his play. He has never returned to the level he was before the injury. He was 5-2.before injury and 1- 2 after. so I do not see either chapter of his work as conclusive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not sure who thought he was "the second coming"? I still think he has injury issues that hamper his play. He has never returned to the level he was before the injury. He was 5-2.before injury and 1- 2 after. so I do not see either chapter of his work as conclusive.

Calm down. It was in reply to the following.

Sad part is, the Colts under Ballard will NEVER tank to get a good qb. They’ll ride Brissett to another 9-7 or 10-6 season next year and then give him an extension.

Colts fans seemed quite pleased with Brissett when he was 5-2, so now all of a sudden he's a 9-7 QB? He looks still hurt to me. Two INT's hurt of course. It wasn't just his play. That blocked FG was a 10 point differential. Defense wasn't adequate. I don't think Brissett is a stellar QB, but he's not mediocre either. Teams have won Superbowls with less. But it takes a whole team. Brissett will be fine.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Calm down. It was in reply to the following.

Colts fans seemed quite pleased with Brissett when he was 5-2, so now all of a sudden he's a 9-7 QB? He looks still hurt to me. Two INT's hurt of course. It wasn't just his play. That blocked FG was a 10 point differential. Defense wasn't adequate. I don't think Brissett is a stellar QB, but he's not mediocre either. Teams have won Superbowls with less. But it takes a whole team. Brissett will be fine.

Last 16 QB’s to win Super Bowls:

19’ Tom Brady
    18’ Nick Foles (who played tremendously)
    17’ Tom Brady
    16’ Peyton Manning
    15’ Tom Brady
    14’ Russell Wilson
    13’ Joe Flacco
    12’ Eli Manning
    11’ Ben Rothlesberger
    10’ Drew Brees
    09’ Ben Rothlesberger
    08’ Eli Manning
    07’ Peyton Manning
    06’ Ben Rothlesberger
    05’ Tom Brady
    04’ Tom Brady

You were saying? Maybe average QB’s could win Super Bowl’s 20 years ago, but not anymore.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Walking around Menard's watching the game on my phone. 17-17 and they're about to kick a field goal, good place to shut off the phone and head to the cashier. One final look at the score in the parking lot before I head home, 31-17.:rofl:

Anybody ready to start the "COLTS 2020; A New Hope, next year again" thread!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Walking around Menard's watching the game on my phone. 17-17 and they're about to kick a field goal, good place to shut off the phone and head to the cashier. One final look at the score in the parking lot before I head home, 31-17.:rofl:

Oh hush you... :p

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Not too far from it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Since our season is done, definitely rooting for the Texans tonight.

I guess it beats the alternative. I really didn't want to root for the Pats, but I would have if we'd have won. I think there is still a VERY small chance we could make the playoffs but it's not up to us anymore even if we were to win out. It will take a few major miracles, but mathematically, it's still possible.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I wonder how the game would have come out with TY, Luck, Ebron, Mack, etc.
    This offense looks to be short of it's weapons. Ballard is bringing depth to the team but only a couple of years drafting doesn't give much on the bench.
    It's coming. Maybe a good QB, Kicker, and one more DB/safety. Closer than in anytime the last 5 years.
    Grigson depleted the depth with old overpriced veterans.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    After all it is the Colts. You'd think we'd be used to losing so often. Even with Manning and Luck we only had ONE great season. Lots of hope and disappointment

Lol, what?? We went to the AFC championship almost every year with manning. We went to 2 Super Bowls under manning. With Luck we got 1 playoff win. How many 14-2, 13-3, and 12-2 seasons did we have with Manning? I’d say that’s more than 1 good year.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wonder how the game would have come out with TY, Luck, Ebron, Mack, etc.
    This offense looks to be short of it's weapons. Ballard is bringing depth to the team but only a couple of years drafting doesn't give much on the bench.
    It's coming. Maybe a good QB, Kicker, and one more DB/safety. Closer than in anytime the last 5 years.
    Grigson depleted the depth with old overpriced veterans.

No need even thinking about Luck. Brissett is good when he's healthy, but he definitely wasn't healthy today. Agreed about the rest. I still think there needs to be a change in the off-season training. Young healthy guys shouldn't be getting hurt at the rate that they are. Look at what Brady does. Do that. (as much as it pains me to say it) He's in his 40's and how often is he missing games because he's injured? And he is taking hits just like everyone else. Train like he does. Just like your sig line says, Harry...

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    And he is taking hits just like everyone else.

Lol wut?!?! Defenders even look at Brady wrong and they get flagged for roughing the passer. He certainly has not taken the hits that a normal NFL player takes. I agree whatever he’s doing is working for him, but uh, let’s calm down on “Brady gets hit like everybody else” talk.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lol wut?!?! Defenders even look at Brady wrong and they get flagged for roughing the passer. He certainly has not taken the hits that a normal NFL player takes. I agree whatever he’s doing is working for him, but uh, let’s calm down on “Brady gets hit like everybody else” talk.
    Okay, I had that coming. :): Just because the other team gets penalized for legal hits, doesn't mean the hits didn't happen though. I have a hard time believing that guys on the defense are thinking, "Okay, it's Brady, so I gotta leave him alone." I'm thinking that just about every defensive lineman in the NFL wants to put a lick on him whenever they get the chance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yup. He is the M. Jackson of the NFL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom