• Status
    Not open for further replies.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Man that sucks. So close. That was almost a must-win in my opinion. Oh well. On to next week.

This is the Colts. There's always next week.
    Coaching is different, better play calling, better results.
    As in the last few years gone by.... Linebacker play is too soft. Colts need some fast mean play from that position. Improvements are showing BUT it's just the Bengals.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    This is the Colts. There's always next week.
    Coaching is different, better play calling, better results.
    As in the last few years gone by.... Linebacker play is too soft. Colts need some fast mean play from that position. Improvements are showing BUT it's just the Bengals.

Yeah that was my thing. If they can’t beat the Bengals....

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-.jpg

847612874_1024.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will say though, they do have one of the best D-lines in the game and I think we held up reasonably well, even without Costanzo in there. Disappointed in the ending, but I’m encouraged by the offense and the two turnovers on defense.

D laid this out for the taking if you watch.
    Yes a much better ran and played game but damnit.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Say what you want about this team.
    It's a New year
    New Coaching
    New players
    New schemes
    NO stability as of yet.
    Rebuilding a team from the ground up for the future will sacrifice some of the expectations of the present.
    I have ZERO clues as how this will all turn out. I just want to see some good football.
    I enjoyed MOST of the game but in the end I was disappointed but I did see some positive things to look forward to.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mostly positive sure, but I wish they'd go into feeding frenzy mode when they get a lead. Just seems they get a lead, and then get a little lackluster. That part was business as usual. Was hoping it had changed, but couldn't tell it by this game. It's 4 quarters, not 2. Maybe in their pre-season scrimmage games they should play 6 "quarters".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Say what you want about this team.
    It's a New year
    New Coaching
    New players
    New schemes
    NO stability as of yet.
    Rebuilding a team from the ground up for the future will sacrifice some of the expectations of the present.
    I have ZERO clues as how this will all turn out. I just want to see some good football.
    I enjoyed MOST of the game but in the end I was disappointed but I did see some positive things to look forward to.

Agreed.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Mostly positive sure, but I wish they'd go into feeding frenzy mode when they get a lead. Just seems they get a lead, and then get a little lackluster. That part was business as usual. Was hoping it had changed, but couldn't tell it by this game. It's 4 quarters, not 2. Maybe in their pre-season scrimmage games they should play 6 "quarters".

I think we're still a few players short on D. Cincy wore us down BUT we still had a chance up to the fumble. Luck was bringing the Colts back. Fumble late in the game on Cincy's redzone. Time was on our side, things were coming together. Just didn't work out but it was ONLY ONE play that determined the game.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think we're still a few players short on D. Cincy wore us down BUT we still had a chance up to the fumble. Luck was bringing the Colts back. Fumble late in the game on Cincy's redzone. Time was on our side, things were coming together. Just didn't work out but it was ONLY ONE play that determined the game.
    True... but they were 3rd and 14 when the fumble occurred. Granted, they'd been doing well on 3rd down conversions all game, but it wasn't a gimme, and they really need to avoid those situations. If they hadn't fumbled, and didn't make the first down? Field goal wouldn't have done us any good, so they'd have gone for it on 4th and whatever. Just not a high percentage gamble. I remain optimistic though. Just bummed that it ended that way. Again.

eye-twitch-gif-21.gif

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    True... but they were 3rd and 14 when the fumble occurred. Granted, they'd been doing well on 3rd down conversions all game, but it wasn't a gimme, and they really need to avoid those situations. If they hadn't fumbled, and didn't make the first down? Field goal wouldn't have done us any good, so they'd have gone for it on 4th and whatever. Just not a high percentage gamble. I remain optimistic though. Just bummed that it ended that way. Again.

eye-twitch-gif-21.gif

Good call and good play to gain substantial yardage on third and long. Fourth and short if he hadn't fumbled, time running down, and Colts had been blowing out Cincy on the late downs at a rate of close to 80%. I liked the odds and called play. Doyle just didn't hold onto the ball.
    It would/will be nice when we don't have to bite our nails at the end of the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom