• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I officially hate watching colts football. Pathetic. I have stood by them for a long time but these guys don’t give a flip.

Yeah let’s go celebrate an interception when we are down 24-3. You didn’t even work for that turnover. Rant over!!!!!!!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Looks like they lost. 38-34 isn't near the blowout I expected given all of the negatives. Keeping it that close against the patriots in the shape they're in isn't too bad. in the end they're still 1-3 though. Looking forward to next season.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looks like they lost. 38-34 isn't near the blowout I expected given all of the negatives. Keeping it that close against the patriots in the shape they're in isn't too bad. in the end they're still 1-3 though. Looking forward to next season.

Well....the Patriots most likely rested the 1st string. But sure, that is an OK showing with how dinged up they are.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

38-24. And we scored a meaningless touchdown in junk time. So yeah it was a blowout. Not surprising considering aaalllll of the starters out with injuries. Luck is looking like he’s back though. There is hope. I still think at some point this year we’ll reel off four or five wins in a row.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Luck looked strong last night. His receivers were a different story. Butterfingers all around. And the colts appear to have zero running game.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    38-24. And we scored a meaningless touchdown in junk time. So yeah it was a blowout. Not surprising considering aaalllll of the starters out with injuries. Luck is looking like he’s back though. There is hope. I still think at some point this year we’ll reel off four or five wins in a row.

4 or 5 wins in a row? I doubt we see 5 wins this season. Have you even seen the schedule?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I almost DVR'd the game last night, planning on getting up and watching it this morning before the news came on. Guess I'm glad I didn't, but I agree that with all the injuries, plus playing at Foxboro, it didn't sound as horrible as it could've been. What I wonder is, how come we always have so MANY injuries? Seems like every season we're talking about injured starters. Lack of off-season conditioning? I just don't know. :dunno: Maybe Harry's sig line applies to the Colts.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I almost DVR'd the game last night, planning on getting up and watching it this morning before the news came on. Guess I'm glad I didn't, but I agree that with all the injuries, plus playing at Foxboro, it didn't sound as horrible as it could've been. What I wonder is, how come we always have so MANY injuries? Seems like every season we're talking about injured starters. Lack of off-season conditioning? I just don't know. :dunno: Maybe Harry's sig line applies to the Colts.

Seems like there's a lot of hamstring injuries around the league the last 2 years.
    When some of Baseball's greatest stars started coming down with bad muscle strains the league started cracking down on the P.E.Drugs.
    I've been wondering why there's so many injuries and having a shorter training camp with shorter times to get into football condition might have something to do with it.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    He’s a man of faith....

Anyhoo, as a Bears fan- 4 wins in a row? Could happen next weekend.

:rockwoot:

I'm watching the Bears when I get the opportunity. I was a Bears fan from 1959 until they fired Ditka. He was the last of "my" Bears.
    Broke my heart when "28" and 3 others were killed in the off season.
    I didn't care for the Colts until 2001 when Manning showed some class even in defeats. A couple of years later I was a Colts fan. I still am.
    I'm becoming a Bears fan again. Mack is a speedy tank. Chicago and devastating linebackers go together.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Seems like there's a lot of hamstring injuries around the league the last 2 years.
    When some of Baseball's greatest stars started coming down with bad muscle strains the league started cracking down on the P.E.Drugs.
    I've been wondering why there's so many injuries and having a shorter training camp with shorter times to get into football condition might have something to do with it.
    The way I see it, there's nothing stopping them from training on their own, training camp or not. You may be on to something about the P.E. Drugs though. Like I said, it just seems like every single season we're talking about "with so many injuries... yadda yadda yadda".

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Next three are Jets, Bills, and Raiders. All winnable. Go into the bye week with some momentum.

That leaves the Jags, Titans, Dolphins, Jags, Texans, Cowboys, Giants, and Titans.
    This team is going to have to get healthy across the board IF IF IF it's going to win more than 5 games.
    There's a lot of talent, good coaching, and hard play. I'm loving watching the games and not ashamed of them at all.
    I hope you're right and I'm way wrong here.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Their still lousy. Ok ok ok, so yeah they have shown some serious signs of life again. And they have shown that they are getting serious about playing and fighting through all 4 quarters, which is a refreshing change. Luck has shown he is back..which I am a bit surprised by. I didn't think he would step back in at the same level as before his injury. So far, I like what I am seeing/hearing from the coaching staff. Nice to see someone at the helm that has guts to go for it without some goofy "trick" play. Now if they can just get some people healthy and back into fighting trim they could shock a few more people
    But it does show the need to further develop some more from the next man up stand point

But I am actually watching them again.....when my Packers aren't on.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    My guess is a 5-11 season this year and 8-8 next year. There is too much damage to fix from Grigson. Right off the bat we had 2 first round picks wasted in the last 4 years on Dorsett and the Trent Richardson debacle.

The icing on the cake is the Colts passed up on Landon Collins to take Phillip Dorsett.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom