• Status
    Not open for further replies.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Looking at the Colts schedule again a moment ago and it just dawned on me that we've got a game against the Raiders.
    IF there's another team in the league that can blow it at the end of the game it's the Raiders.
    Shame game on the 28th.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    :lmfao:

I am a pub burger kind of guy.

As am I but I'll be damned if I lose a sucker's bet lol.

My Grandfather told me about a time he made a bet with a guy that he could drive a framing nail with one strike as long as he could set it in the wood first. Of course he jumped all over it as it isn't possible to do that with a hammer because the nail will bend. My Grandfather set the nail and then grabbed a 3' long 2x4", raised it over his head and drove it flush. The guy screamed foul because he didn't use a hammer to which my Grandfather replied "I never said anything about a hammer".

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

My Grandfather told me about a time he made a bet with a guy that he could drive a framing nail with one strike as long as he could set it in the wood first. Of course he jumped all over it as it isn't possible to do that with a hammer because the nail will bend. My Grandfather set the nail and then grabbed a 3' long 2x4", raised it over his head and drove it flush. The guy screamed foul because he didn't use a hammer to which my Grandfather replied "I never said anything about a hammer".

Kinda depends how long the framing nail is, how well it is set...and maybe the hammer. I was helping a couple buddies build a mini barn and they both claimed to be able to drive a nail in flush with one hit. I took the bait since they too had been pounding nails all day. They both used 28 oz framing hammers and sunk a 10d nail flush with 1 hit. Lunch was a little expensive that afternoon.
    I can't imagine it happening if using 16d nails. But then again,maybe so.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

When I did a brief stint building pole barns if you could not set a 16 penny in 2 strikes (1 to set and 1 to sink) you were a sissy. 30 ring shanks were 3 strike nails and the 60's were 4 to 5.

Lets hit a pub sometime and we will arm wrestle for the tab.....:):

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    Kinda depends how long the framing nail is, how well it is set...and maybe the hammer. I was helping a couple buddies build a mini barn and they both claimed to be able to drive a nail in flush with one hit. I took the bait since they too had been pounding nails all day. They both used 28 oz framing hammers and sunk a 10d nail flush with 1 hit. Lunch was a little expensive that afternoon.

When I did a brief stint building pole barns if you could not set a 16 penny in 2 strikes (1 to set and 1 to sink) you were a sissy. 30 ring shanks were 3 strike nails and the 60's were 4 to 5.

Lets hit a pub sometime and we will arm wrestle for the tab.....:):

I plan on taking the girls out to go see my Grandparents tomorrow so I will see if he still remembers what size nail this was.

As far as the arm wrestling part goes I will pass. I spend my days shuffling paperwork and doing inventory control. With a 2 year old, a 4 year old and a wife that works retail hours I have no idea what it feels like to pick up those weights downstairs with dust all over them :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I plan on taking the girls out to go see my Grandparents tomorrow so I will see if he still remembers what size nail this was.

As far as the arm wrestling part goes I will pass. I spend my days shuffling paperwork and doing inventory control. With a 2 year old, a 4 year old and a wife that works retail hours I have no idea what it feels like to pick up those weights downstairs with dust all over them :(

Life. What can you do.

Lunch is on me...:):

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield

Life. What can you do.

Lunch is on me...:):

Maybe when the girls stop waking me up 4 to 5 times a night I will have the energy to wake up early and work out again.

I don't like anyone paying for my meals. Meeting at Working Man's for a burger and a cold beer sounds like a good time though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe when the girls stop waking me up 4 to 5 times a night I will have the energy to wake up early and work out again.

I don't like anyone paying for my meals. Meeting at Working Man's for a burger and a cold beer sounds like a good time though.

We know the family that owns the WMF. Some of the best burgers on the west side.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Dangit man....
    Colts are down to the last man standing. Here's the "Did Not Practice Report"
    Here’s a look at Wednesday’s injury report, which included 11 players listed as “did not practice:”

Player Position Injury Status
    Denico Autry DT Hamstring DNP
    Jack Doyle TE Hip DNP
    T.Y. Hilton WR Chest/Hamstring DNP
    Clayton Geathers SS Concussion/Neck DNP
    Darius Leonard LB Ankle DNP
    Ryan Kelly OL Hand DNP
    Matthias Farley SS Shoulder/Groin/Wrist DNP
    Margus Hunt DL Knee DNP
    Malik Hooker FS Back DNP
    Eric Ebron TE Shin/Quad/Ankle/Knee DNP
    Denzelle Good OL Non-Injury Related DNP
    Nate Hairston CB Ankle LP
    Anthony Walker LB Concussion LP
    Anthony Castonzo OT Hamstring FP
    Marlon Mack RB Foot/Hamstring FP
    Hassan Ridgeway DT Calf FP
    Quincy Wilson CB Concussion FP
    Kenny Moore CB Concussion FP
    The Colts are still waiting to evaluate Geathers, who suffered a neck injury during the Week 5 loss against the New England Patriots when running back Sony Michel lowered his helmet to initiate contact only to have no flag thrown.

Doyle and Hilton are week-to-week and considered unlikely to play against the Jets on Sunday.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Dangit man....
    Colts are down to the last man standing. Here's the "Did Not Practice Report"
    Here’s a look at Wednesday’s injury report, which included 11 players listed as “did not practice:”

Player Position Injury Status
    Denico Autry DT Hamstring DNP
    Jack Doyle TE Hip DNP
    T.Y. Hilton WR Chest/Hamstring DNP
    Clayton Geathers SS Concussion/Neck DNP
    Darius Leonard LB Ankle DNP
    Ryan Kelly OL Hand DNP
    Matthias Farley SS Shoulder/Groin/Wrist DNP
    Margus Hunt DL Knee DNP
    Malik Hooker FS Back DNP
    Eric Ebron TE Shin/Quad/Ankle/Knee DNP
    Denzelle Good OL Non-Injury Related DNP
    Nate Hairston CB Ankle LP
    Anthony Walker LB Concussion LP
    Anthony Castonzo OT Hamstring FP
    Marlon Mack RB Foot/Hamstring FP
    Hassan Ridgeway DT Calf FP
    Quincy Wilson CB Concussion FP
    Kenny Moore CB Concussion FP
    The Colts are still waiting to evaluate Geathers, who suffered a neck injury during the Week 5 loss against the New England Patriots when running back Sony Michel lowered his helmet to initiate contact only to have no flag thrown.

Doyle and Hilton are week-to-week and considered unlikely to play against the Jets on Sunday.

I played OL in high school...been a few years, but I could go a quarter on Sun. For a nominal fee of course. Lol.
    Seriously looks like being on the practice squad could be a great way to make the next step and prove ones self. Wonder how the did not practice list compares to other teams

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom