Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Watch the pocket protection on about every play in the 4th. The Pats were beyond holding so yeah there were a lot of "Non-calls.
    The last pass interference that brought Brady to about the 10 outside the end-zone was bogus. Offensive interference yes. JMHO and yeah I loath the Patriots.
    To many key calls that brought the pats back into that game.

I assume you're talking about the one before the half, since that's the one Boomer was complaining about. The defender rode the receiver out of bounds while the ball was in the air! One might argue that the ball was uncatchable, which it certainly was after the receiver was ridden out of bounds. And there's no way that was offensive pass interference.

The pass interference calls in the 4th qtr were too obvious to even be controversial.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I assume you're talking about the one before the half, since that's the one Boomer was complaining about. The defender rode the receiver out of bounds while the ball was in the air! One might argue that the ball was uncatchable, which it certainly was after the receiver was ridden out of bounds. And there's no way that was offensive pass interference.

The pass interference calls in the 4th qtr were too obvious to even be controversial.

The one I referred to was a game changer. The Pats receiver and the defender were getting after each other all the way down the field. The pats receiver pushed off to go get the ball. The initial scuffle was from the receiver and it should have drawn the flag. Stevie wonder is shaking his head on that one.

Every snap on the pats side in the 4th defensive holds across the pocket. Terrible non-calls. I know it happens on every down but these guys had their meat hooks buried in Jerseys. It was the only way Brady stayed on his feet.

It is so obvious the Belicheat and his crew gets a pass on this stuff when it is needed.

In all of this ones personal view comes into play. My personal view is that I am a fan of whoever is lined up against the Patriots. I try not to let that cloud my vision. I try....:):

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yes. I did watch the game. You take a guys head off before the ball gets there. That's pass interference. I didn't see the non-calls. But I was working while watching the game. I get it that you guys hate the Patriots, and maybe even Brady. And it may hurt to say, but they are a talented team. They did not get to where they are because the refs give them the games. Give them their due. They earned the trip. In the 4th quarter Brady made the passes he needed to make. And some of the catches that Amandola made were just amazing in the face of excellent coverage. They made the plays.

On a sadder note. My Vikings got their asses handed to them. They flat out got outplayed.

You’ll have to forgive me for being suspicious of a team with a clear history of breaking the rules to gain an advantage.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The one I referred to was a game changer. The Pats receiver and the defender were getting after each other all the way down the field. The pats receiver pushed off to go get the ball. The initial scuffle was from the receiver and it should have drawn the flag. Stevie wonder is shaking his head on that one.

Every snap on the pats side in the 4th defensive holds across the pocket. Terrible non-calls. I know it happens on every down but these guys had their meat hooks buried in Jerseys. It was the only way Brady stayed on his feet.

It is so obvious the Belicheat and his crew gets a pass on this stuff when it is needed.

In all of this ones personal view comes into play. My personal view is that I am a fan of whoever is lined up against the Patriots. I try not to let that cloud my vision. I try....:):

I used to be very close to a Sports Bookie.
    It's NOT the penalties called that change the games. It's the penalties NOT called that can control the game, score, and spread.
    OH, and I LIKE the Patriots because they do play good ball. IF NY is going to give them special treatment...IF... then by all means take advantage of it...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

No. The one that literally won the game for them in the final minutes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I used to be very close to a Sports Bookie.
    It's NOT the penalties called that change the games. It's the penalties NOT called that can control the game, score, and spread.
    OH, and I LIKE the Patriots because they do play good ball. IF NY is going to give them special treatment...IF... then by all means take advantage of it...

And it was the "NON-Calls" that get my hair up.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Personally, I think this is good news. McDaniels has made Tom Brady look much better than he really is, for a few years now. I can't wait to see some real gameplanning built around Luck's strengths/weaknesses.

I think what’s most encouraging is his ability and willingness to correct on the fly. Making the right adjustments at halftime that seem to have been lacking in the previous leadership.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    So now the question is: Saquon Barkley, Bradley Chubb, or try and trade down for more picks...

Connor Williams, OT, Texas for those not familiar. The kid has the goods and he's still growing and filling out. He's ready for the NFL now.
    Colts MUST make headway on the OL and DL if they're going to get to the playoffs. The proverbial WEAK AFC South is no longer the case.
    Just getting through our division is going to be a real challenge.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Connor Williams, OT, Texas for those not familiar. The kid has the goods and he's still growing and filling out. He's ready for the NFL now.
    Colts MUST make headway on the OL and DL if they're going to get to the playoffs. The proverbial WEAK AFC South is no longer the case.
    Just getting through our division is going to be a real challenge.

I’d prefer to see them buy the o-line, honestly. We’ve got big time free agency money and we can’t risk Luck’s future while “developing” young linemen. We need studs up front right now. I’m ok with taking a chance on a running back/receiver/pass rusher/whatever, I’m just not comfortable chancing Luck’s protection.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    So now the question is: Saquon Barkley, Bradley Chubb, or try and trade down for more picks...

Get that O line squared away. Look at what the Patriots do. The don't always have stellar talent on the offensive side of the ball, but they always give Brady time in the pocket. A good QB can make things happen if he isn't running for his life.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I’d prefer to see them buy the o-line, honestly. We’ve got big time free agency money and we can’t risk Luck’s future while “developing” young linemen. We need studs up front right now. I’m ok with taking a chance on a running back/receiver/pass rusher/whatever, I’m just not comfortable chancing Luck’s protection.

THe guy only allowed 2 sacks and was flagged only twice last year. Mental and a beast as well.
    Good O linemen don't get far in free agency. They're earning high dollar now. Draft the O line, buy the pass rushing young LB and DBs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Get that O line squared away. Look at what the Patriots do. The don't always have stellar talent on the offensive side of the ball, but they always give Brady time in the pocket. A good QB can make things happen if he isn't running for his life.

With the exception of Brady, it seems like the Patriots have always seem to have a working-class offense. They just find talent that fits into their scheme. Jeez Amandola is one of the most clutch receivers I've seen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    With the exception of Brady, it seems like the Patriots have always seem to have a working-class offense. They just find talent that fits into their scheme. Jeez Amandola is one of the most clutch receivers I've seen.

He is a go to just like Gronk. Gronk bashed people in the head to get op. Amandola just works for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom