Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Does this mean Kaepernick has to stand on tip toes for the next national anthem?

New Information Released In Keith Lamont Scott Shooting | The Daily Caller

The retraining order, issued by a Gaston County district court judge, granted Rakeyia Scott a temporary restraining order that prohibited her husband from going near her and three of their children. Keith Scott was also ordered to hand over the 9mm he owned illegally.

Um, this doesn't seem like a training issue really.

Jeez do they proofread anything anymore?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HoughMade again.

I have a theory that since we can't rep anyone with actual points, it never resets. I've not been able to rep anyone that I couldn't rep before the rep system broke. And I've given out a lot of zero rep since. I guess you can't spread nothing around.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Put plainly, I am saying that criticizing the President and BLM and rioters, even with harsh language is swiftly punished and I highly doubt that equally harsh language used by BLM supporters or protesters in any league would be punished at all. In fact, we would hear all about rights and expression and how American it is to not quell dissent...which I agree with.

However dissent is quelled quite readily if it's not the right dissent.

Yes, I understand private organizations can have their own views and use those views to make decisions about their businesses...wait...I'm about to swerve into another issue. Well, not really another issue.

I would have thought that white privileges would have protected Clevenger.

So basically you have issue with the workings of private enterprise because you don't agree their view, and think there is some conspiracy between the leagues, despite not actually being able to prove such a conspiracy exists.... basically? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So basically you have issue with the workings of private enterprise because you don't agree their view, and think there is some conspiracy between the leagues, despite not actually being able to prove such a conspiracy exists.... basically? :dunno:

Well, that's quite a stretch.

I am simply pointing out politically correct speech is protected, while politically incorrect speech is not... which means that this "freedom of speech" defense of the athletic protesters is nothing of the sort. True freedom of speech allows for all viewpoints. I see no evidence that true freedom of speech is accorded to all viewpoints in the current climate of sports protesting.

I don't think I ever claimed that a team or league should be prevented by law from deciding who to support and who not to or what speech to allow or not. I pointed out that what they allow and do not allow is not random in the least and there is grand hypocrisy.

Conspiracy? Who said conspiracy? That's just weird. There is rampant groupthink about how to stay on "the right side of history" (if there was ever a more arbitrary concept), but groupthink in this instance is just the absence of consistency and the absence of a true value of freedom. It doesn't mean there is a conspiracy.

Of course, you know all this, but you have a position to defend. I understand that. Charge on.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, that's quite a stretch.

I am simply pointing out politically correct speech is protected, while politically incorrect speech is not... which means that this "freedom of speech" defense of the athletic protesters is nothing of the sort. True freedom of speech allows for all viewpoints. I see no evidence that true freedom of speech is accorded to all viewpoints in the current climate of sports protesting.

I don't think I ever claimed that a team or league should be prevented by law from deciding who to support and who not to or what speech to allow or not. I pointed out that what they allow and do not allow is not random in the least and there is grand hypocrisy.

Conspiracy? Who said conspiracy? That's just weird. There is rampant groupthink about how to stay on "the right side of history" (if there was ever a more arbitrary concept), but groupthink in this instance is just the absence of consistency and the absence of a true value of freedom. It doesn't mean there is a conspiracy.

Of course, you know all this, but you have a position to defend. I understand that. Charge on.

Is not freedom of speech having the ability to silence your employees, as long as they are not compelled to work for you? I'll throw you a bone, and say that I do believe that the left exerts it's power more often than the right, but still, that IS their right. You may not like it, you may express your frustration, but obviously you understand, you have no right to compel them to stop if it against their wishes. Well, other than complaining and using your buying power elsewhere.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :D

14485140_884100798387038_8683935842813123748_n.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HoughMade again.

I have a theory that since we can't rep anyone with actual points, it never resets. I've not been able to rep anyone that I couldn't rep before the rep system broke. And I've given out a lot of zero rep since. I guess you can't spread nothing around.

Well, I just ripped you, I think for the first time...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That area has probably the highest concentration of US military in the world (Atlantic Fleet docks there, Ft Eustis and Langley AFB are on the other side of the bridge-tunnel. Marine Amphib units, SEAL Team 6 is at Dam Neck, too many to name). For every customer lost there will be 10 more new ones.

Some in the military (active and retired), respect Kap's protest. I know a colonel (USAF), whom I shared a backfield with in HS, who has no issue with it at all. I kinda wish that military aspect wouldn't be brought up as often, as I think it has very little bearing on the situation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some in the military (active and retired), respect Kap's protest. I know a colonel (USAF), whom I shared a backfield with in HS, who has no issue with it at all. I kinda wish that military aspect wouldn't be brought up as often, as I think it has very little bearing on the situation.

Good point Kut.....(did I just say that)

I have no issue with his protest at all. I take issue with where he is doing it. I could never protest at work. JMHO of course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom