jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I did say my point view on this.

Let me ask, do you see any way he/they could have protested that would not have shown disrespect to anyone but would have benefited the purpose of his/ their cause?

Asking for respect by disrespecting is a no win situation.

One of the main problems with our country now is no respect. We should try to change that. Desecrating / disrespecting the flag (to me) is just as bad as desecrating a grave, and that will be next. Dig up /desecrate the "other side". The flag/monuments are only the beginning.

Does anyone really ask that question before they go off and say or do something? Maybe the symbol of America to him is oppression--although given his place in society it seems silly to make that claim. I honestly don't think he considered how other people would take it, and I'm not sure he cared a whole lot, anyway.

I agree that there is no respect and I suspect the cause is circumstantial mixed with some intent. At Kaepernick's level he's a useful idiot. At the "community organizing" level disagreement and division is a means to an end. I see no evidence that these activists want to respect people they disagree with. It is absolutely going to extend far beyond flags and monuments.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Prime time NFL viewership down double digits this year:

LmXh6ed.jpg

walkercolt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    One thing to remember is that when Colin Kaepernick originally startedhis protest he was sitting during the National Anthem. He was contactedafterwards by former a former Army Green Beret and Seahawks footballplayer Nate Boyer, who suggested that he should take knee instead ofsitting so that he could still show respect for the fallen military asBoyer explained that "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother'sgrave, you know, to show respect. When we're on a patrol, you know, and we go intoa security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."
    https://www.navytimes.com/articles/this-sailor-sided-with-kaepernick-sat-out-anthem-now-the-navy-is-taking-action

Kaeperknick was very receptive to the idea from Nate as he knew hismessage was lost as he was being portrayed by the media as beinganti-American and anti-military, which was not hismessage. “Once again, I’m not anti-American,” Kaepernick said.“I love America. I love people. That’s why I’m doing this. I want to help makeAmerica better. I think having these conversations helps everybody have abetter understanding of where everybody is coming from.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/sports/football/colin-kaepernick-kneels-national-anthem-protest.html?_r=0

I don't post often as you can tell, but I am an avid reader of this site.This story hit a chord with me and while I still don't agree withprotest in far as how it is being carried out, it is prettyobvious that Colin has been doing it in a peaceful manner while at thesame time trying to respect the US military members and fallen.

My father recently passed who was a 2nd Armored Division Veteran, and all that remains are uniforms, memories, photographs and the American Burial Flag.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's kinda hard to read. For those of you who don't want to deal with the eye strain...
    One thing to remember is that when Colin Kaepernick originally startedhis protest he was sitting during the National Anthem. He was contactedafterwards by former a former Army Green Beret and Seahawks footballplayer Nate Boyer, who suggested that he should take knee instead ofsitting so that he could still show respect for the fallen military asBoyer explained that "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother'sgrave, you know, to show respect. When we're on a patrol, you know, and we go intoa security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."
    https://www.navytimes.com/articles/...-sat-out-anthem-now-the-navy-is-taking-action

Kaeperknick was very receptive to the idea from Nate as he knew hismessage was lost as he was being portrayed by the media as beinganti-American and anti-military, which was not hismessage. “Once again, I’m not anti-American,” Kaepernick said.“I love America. I love people. That’s why I’m doing this. I want to help makeAmerica better. I think having these conversations helps everybody have abetter understanding of where everybody is coming from.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/s...nick-kneels-national-anthem-protest.html?_r=0

I don't post often as you can tell, but I am an avid reader of this site.This story hit a chord with me and while I still don't agree withprotest in far as how it is being carried out, it is prettyobvious that Colin has been doing it in a peaceful manner while at thesame time trying to respect the US military members and fallen.

My father recently passed who was a 2nd Armored Division Veteran, and all that remains are uniforms, memories, photographs and the American Burial Flag.

walkercolt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    It does show in Jamil's quote box, LOL.

Sorry guys, MODERATOR feel free to modify or delete my post in invisible text.

The first link in the invisible post is wrong also its not the Navy Times link, it should be the link concerning Nate Boyer and Colin Kaepernick.

Here's how Nate Boyer got Colin Kaepernick to go from sitting to kneeling - CBSSports.com

I think it was those pesky Russians hacking my private server again, sorry Hillary said I should be good to go when she set it up.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The first link in the invisible post is wrong also its not the Navy Times link, it should be the link concerning Nate Boyer and Colin Kaepernick.

Here's how Nate Boyer got Colin Kaepernick to go from sitting to kneeling - CBSSports.com

I think it was those pesky Russians hacking my private server again, sorry Hillary said I should be good to go when she set it up.

Jamil took care of it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm not sure if under 50 posters are allowed to edit their own posts. If so, you should see an "Edit" icon next to the "Reply" at the bottom of your post. Click 'Edit' to the right of 'Reply'. In the text area box for your post, highlight the whole thing. Then Click the second icon in the toolbar above the text area. That removes all the formatting. Make any other edits you want, then click "Save" below the text area.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He's spot on. Kap can go around kneeling asking people to help solve problems, if he isn't willing to get off his butt and vote. I voted.... twice, because I thought my gradfather would have wanted to vote too!

:yesway:

wait...

:yesway:

One for you and one for your grandfather.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom