Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not classic, but I think it is cool.
    View attachment 373563
    Little dirty, we were on a weekend trip.
    View attachment 373580
    Had one(not SHO) for a company car. It was probably the most solid company car I have owned. That acoustic glass really did make it quiet inside. Plus it was rock steady, tight steering, good power, nice for long distance driving.

I ended up getting a new job where they gave me a company car instead of a car allowance(the reason for the Taurus), so I sold it to my son-on-law. He ran it up well over 200K miles with just normal maintenance. They sold it and later wish they had kept it around as a "spare."

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Had one(not SHO) for a company car. It was probably the most solid company car I have owned. That acoustic glass really did make it quiet inside. Plus it was rock steady, tight steering, good power, nice for long distance driving.

I ended up getting a new job where they gave me a company car instead of a car allowance(the reason for the Taurus), so I sold it to my son-on-law. He ran it up well over 200K miles with just normal maintenance. They sold it and later wish they had kept it around as a "spare."
    I have been very pleased with this car. I don't put a ton of miles on it, 2018 with 33k on the odometer. With the acoustic glass you really have to watch your right foot, that thing really likes going fast. My passenger princess has looked over quite a few times and said "holy $h1T we are going that fast!" Also bonus, people think I am a cop and get out of my way. I plan on keeping it for awhile.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    A few pics from Frog Follies this year

View attachment 377746View attachment 377747
    I went a few years ago. It was kinda sad in a way. There is a generation of automobilia that is dying. Values are dropping on the cars, waning interest on the whole and a look at the attendees and owners indicate that even they are in their twilight years. I never saw so many scooters, wheelchairs and walkers at a car show.

I did like to look at the cars, but probably won't go back.

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    I went a few years ago. It was kinda sad in a way. There is a generation of automobilia that is dying. Values are dropping on the cars, waning interest on the whole and a look at the attendees and owners indicate that even they are in their twilight years. I never saw so many scooters, wheelchairs and walkers at a car show.

You are correct it is a generation that is dying off and enthusiasm for old street rods is not there anymore. And yes, there were a lot of scooters and wheelchairs running around not as bad as the street Rod nationals though.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You are correct it is a generation that is dying off and enthusiasm for old street rods is not there anymore. And yes, there were a lot of scooters and wheelchairs running around not as bad as the street Rod nationals though.
    Well, look at the cars those in their 20's grew up around. Then look at the cars in most modern movies. A good percentage in that age range that are actually interested in cars are into imports.
    Old school street rods and Pro Street cars are cost prohibitive for most people these days.

Reactions: Leo

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    So people that need scooters, wheelchairs and walkers shouldn't be at car shows? :stickpoke:
    You're missing the point... It's only the older generation that's keeping the hobby of hot rodding, and classic cars alive. The younger (healthier) people do not have pride in ownership of of something like that, and they sure as hell don't have any interest (or skills) in building one themselves.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Been to a bike rally lately? Lots of the same thing, All those young sweeties that used to ride a fender pad cannot even remember when they had bikini figures. The men are not in too good of shape either. A whole lot of the long hair has been replaced by chrome domes, and the beards are white with thick bifocals instead of wrap around sunglasses. A lot of three wheel bikes, or 4 wheel conversions. About the only thing that is the same is the sound of straight pipe Harley's. Still a lot of good people, but a whole lot of them are on their last ride. The young people are out doing kamakazi 125 mph wheelies on the newest sport bikes. They don't even come around for a sandwich at the hog roast. I think our generation enjoyed a lot of great things that the next generation does not like at all.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Well, look at the cars those in their 20's grew up around. Then look at the cars in most modern movies. A good percentage in that age range that are actually interested in cars are into imports.
    Old school street rods and Pro Street cars are cost prohibitive for most people these days.
    You are right, Pretty hard to get excited about a Camry, a Prius or a compact SUV.
    When I grew up even if your family had plain cars, some neighbors dad or Uncle would have a 383 Plymouth, a big motor Galaxy XL, or a Big Block Impala SS. That was something to be excited about.

In 1970, you never knew anyone who did not get their license as soon as they were legal. You might have heard of someone, but everyone thought they had something wrong with them. I now know multiple people who did not bother learn to drive until their mid 20's. I know people in their 30's who don't even own a car. They borrow mothers car or they call for an Uber. It is not money, as they travel a lot, even internationally. They just have no desire.

I don't think they go to car shows.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom