Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This reminds of a '57 I saw during the Street Machine Nationals one year. This guy was washing his; same Cragar SS wheels but the paint was Candy Apple Red(probably my favorite color of all time). Had a 4-speed and a mild small block. Body completely stock. He drove it to Indy from several states away. Said the fuel economy was not bad, didn't get hot idling in traffic, was totally dependable.

Ever since that encounter I have always drifted towards the milder modified cars. Just seemed so practical and somewhat minimalist, like me. :)

This is "new" generation of hot rods with blowers that stick above the roofline, twin turbos so large that they could swallow a small child, and loping so bad that they can't move without loosening your back teeth are just not for me. I am not impressed. Yes, I am old...

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is "new" generation of hot rods with blowers that stick above the roofline, twin turbos so large that they could swallow a small child, and loping so bad that they can't move without loosening your back teeth are just not for me. I am not impressed. Yes, I am old...

OK pops, I have a Grand Marquis that has no blower or turbo's, that idled so smooth and quietly you have to check the instrument panel to see if it is running, and it moves so smoothly that you don't notice you are rolling if you don't look out the window. It even came with cast aluminum mags and a big stereo. That should check all the grandpa boxes.......

The only downside is there is no excitement or fun in it. I am pretty old myself, but I can at least remember having fun. And the statute of Limitations has expired on most of it. <grin>

Top Bottom