• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Why are people fixated on what is Trump going to do for the economy?
    He's already stated he's going to get it back to where it was under his leadership in the past.
    Grocery bills back to where they were.
    Prescription prices back to where they were.
    Insurance prices back to where they were.
    Gas prices $185 a gallon.
    Ammunition prices dropped to previous levels.
    Just to name a few things that I'd look forward to again under Trump’s leadership.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood

Does this mean 37% are living better because 57% are suffering?

I’m better off that I was 4 years ago, but that has nothing to do with who is president.

Arguably I could have been better off financially with Trump as President for the last 4 years.

But is the question better off financially, morally, mental health wise?

Most of that 37% are probably happy they can kill their children on demand and pretend their the opposite gender with POTUS’ approval.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I’m better off that I was 4 years ago, but that has nothing to do with who is president.
    Same here. and agree. People tend to overexaggerate the impact a President has on their individual lives, IMHO. I did better under Biden then I did Trump, but that doesn't mean I am voting for Biden.

Who's President, if it matters, matters because no one is doing anything in their own local elections so the corruption just bubbles its way up to the top.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    People tend to overexaggerate the impact a President has on their individual lives,
    So the president doesn't have any effect on energy?
    Biden has made energy worse in our country that helps drive up the cost of everything.
    Be it oil, fuel, natural gas, electric etc, etc.
    Biden policy was to wreck what Trump had in place. Biden had stopped Canadian oil pipeline as well.
    I can go on, and on.
    So yes the president can be blamed for the majority of the problems in this country, and around the world. Including the war in Ukraine and I believe with his pro Iran stance the war in Israel, and soon to come the war over Taiwan, and the Philippines if Harris gets elected.

I'm happy grocery, electric, fuel, and other costs that have went up doesn't affect you.
    You are one of the 37% I'm one of the 57%.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So the president doesn't have any effect on energy?
    Biden has made energy worse in our country that helps drive up the cost of everything.
    Be it oil, fuel, natural gas, electric etc, etc.
    Biden policy was to wreck what Trump had in place. Biden had stopped Canadian oil pipeline as well.
    I can go on, and on.
    So yes the president can be blamed for the majority of the problems in this country, and around the world. Including the war in Ukraine and I believe with his pro Iran stance the war in Israel, and soon to come the war over Taiwan, and the Philippines if Harris gets elected.

I'm happy grocery, electric, fuel, and other costs that have went up doesn't affect you.
    You are one of the 37% I'm one of the 57%.
    I typically am not an "all, every, never, none" person. Sure they have an effect on energy.

What I try to be is a personal responsiblity advocate. I think like some say, you get the govt you deserve.

If not enough of us as citizens are taking our responsibilities seriously, then WE are the problem, the President or any other elected official is not the problem, rather they are symptomatic of the problem.

That said, when the question is am I better off the answer is yes. Why? Because for years, including the Trump years, my wage increases were less than annual inflation and that is not a typo.

My raises under Biden have more than made up for inflation for the last 8 years so I am ahead of where I was when Biden took office.

Ironically, the same thing happened when Obama was in office.

My best raises have been under Clinton, Obama, Biden.

Never voted for any of the 3. If I thought there was a high coorelation between how I was doing 4 years ago and who was President, I would be voting D and not look back over my shoulder once.

That's not the right question and its not the question I ask myself when voting for a candidate.

I don't ask am I better off than I was 4 years ago. I ask is the country better off?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I typically am not an "all, every, never, none" person. Sure they have an effect on energy.

What I try to be is a personal responsiblity advocate. I think like some say, you get the govt you deserve.

If not enough of us as citizens are taking our responsibilities seriously, then WE are the problem, the President or any other elected official is not the problem, rather they are symptomatic of the problem.

That said, when the question
    is am I better off the answer is yes. Why? Because for years, including the Trump years, my wage increases were less than annual inflation and that is not a typo.

My raises under Biden have more than made up for inflation for the last 8 years so I am ahead of where I was when Biden took office.

Never voted for any of the 3. If I thought there was a high coorelation between how I was doing 4 years ago and who was President, I would be voting D and not look back over my shoulder once.

That's not the right question and its not the question I ask myself when voting for a candidate.

I don't ask am I better off than I was 4 years ago. I ask is the country better off?

The last line says it all.

I retired when I reached 55 in 2020, under Trump. I moved 1,000 miles away, bought a new place, then eventually got a job close to home.

I started out at about 1/3 of what I made, I’m close to half of what I made before I retired.

I’m doing fine because I planned accordingly. I don’t need to make what I made before.

Am I better off today vs 4 years ago? Probably yes. I have zero stress, the new employer doesn’t **** with me at all, because they know I could leave tomorrow.

The country is not in the same position.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

That said, when the question is am I better off the answer is yes. Why? Because for years, including the Trump years, my wage increases were less than annual inflation and that is not a typo.

Well, four years ago we were in the midst of a global pandemic, on that alone, I'm doing better, so answering the question without any qualifiers... I also have a better job... And no one has tried to eat my cats.

It's really an open ended (and dumb) question.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    ATTENTION EVERYONE THAT IS NOT LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE!
    Your dollar is worth less now than it was!
    This public service message brought to you by printcraft.
    Ummm. I will bet that's true in 4 years no matter who wins.

Have we ever had a President that your dollar was worth more in 4 years in our lifetime?

Top Bottom