CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: General Religious Discussion...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Valedictorian Claims High School Censored Graduation Speech « CBS Chicago

An Illinois high school valedictorian has hired a lawyer after claiming that school officials demanded he remove all religious references from his graduation speech.

Sam Blackledge was set to deliver the speech at West Prairie High School on May 19. According to the 18-year-old, school administrators informed him that he needed to take out anything that mentioned God and Jesus minutes before Blackledge was scheduled to go on stage.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Millionaire televangelists Kenneth Copeland and Jesse Duplantis defend their private jet purchases

In 2009, Copeland's $3.6 million jet was denied tax-exempt status, opening up a possible investigation into the church's expenses; Copeland failed to disclose the salaries of his directors. In 2008 the ministry stated it owned five airplanes, one of which is valued at $17.5 million.

Copeland's ministry bought a multi-million Gulfstream V jet airplane and Copeland thanked his followers and Jesus for buying it when it was delivered at the Fort Worth airstrip, wearing a pilot jacket and sunglasses. The jet was bought from filmmaker and businessman Tyler Perry. Copeland had earlier stated that flying commercial was like entering "a long tube with a bunch of demons", and defended the use of private jets as it was important, it lets for prayer in privacy 'as the Lord leads' and avoids unnecessary demons. Now, the church is asking another $17 or $19.5 million for the building of a hangar, upgrading the runway and maintenance.

Copeland's and other televangelists' use of private jets and other lavish houses and vehicles has been criticized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=101&v=AdH2DGSXjss

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Millionaire televangelists Kenneth Copeland and Jesse Duplantis defend their private jet purchases

In 2009, Copeland's $3.6 million jet was denied tax-exempt status, opening up a possible investigation into the church's expenses; Copeland failed to disclose the salaries of his directors. In 2008 the ministry stated it owned five airplanes, one of which is valued at $17.5 million.

Copeland's ministry bought a multi-million Gulfstream V jet airplane and Copeland thanked his followers and Jesus for buying it when it was delivered at the Fort Worth airstrip, wearing a pilot jacket and sunglasses. The jet was bought from filmmaker and businessman Tyler Perry. Copeland had earlier stated that flying commercial was like entering "a long tube with a bunch of demons", and defended the use of private jets as it was important, it lets for prayer in privacy 'as the Lord leads' and avoids unnecessary demons. Now, the church is asking another $17 or $19.5 million for the building of a hangar, upgrading the runway and maintenance.

Copeland's and other televangelists' use of private jets and other lavish houses and vehicles has been criticized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=101&v=AdH2DGSXjss

$3.6 mil? $17.5 mil?

Say what you will, but they ain't buying new.

Satan Promises To Match All Donations For Jesse Duplantis's New Private Jet

It's a question may have asked over the years, but I keep coming back to:

Who sends these jackwagons money? Who goes to their "churches"?

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ipt0lx3crd111.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Maybe it's the non-lawyer in me, but I'm not sold on the concept that getting lots of money heals emotional pain.

"Do you have any lawyer in you?"
    "No."
    "Would you like one?"

(Apologies to Bob and Tom....) ;)

Alas, what you say is true. Money doesn't heal anything. Neither do apologies, either, really.

There are lots of good policy reasons for using money as the measure, in our system. But, at a fundamental level, its better than nothing. Well, its also better than bitterness and revenge.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The Bible has a lot more to say about our interaction with government than Romans 13.

I highly recommend this. https://www.amazon.com/Doctrine-Lesser-Magistrates-Resistance-Repudiation/dp/1482327686

What? A doctrine I've never heard of?! I must go and research...

Mmm... yeah... I see...
    Pastor Matthew Trewhella answers these questions and shows how Americans can successfully resist the Federal government’s attempts to trample our Constitution, assault our liberty, and impugn the law of God.
    and...
    Matthew Trewhella is the pastor of Mercy Seat Christian Church. He is a graduate of Valley Forge Christian College. He and his wife...
    What Church is that? Oh, it's a PO Box in a strip mall. Hmm.

He also takes a jab at Russell Moore while trying to back Roy Moore on his blog, which a big red flag, IMHO. In another place he quotes Charles Finney as a support for an argument. :n00b:

I'm not saying this guy is a bad minister, or that his doctrine is wrong (most things he says I agree with). In fact, it looks like he's a tireless servant of God, but I'm certainly skeptical of his bias. It just looks like he's practicing a bit of eisegesis in this book.

So stepping way out on a limb here... be careful. (not directed at breakingcontact, btw)

Are you using this to justify your love of money and hatred of taxes, or perhaps you don't like immigration policies, gun control, etc., etc. or is there a serious violation of God's law being done, like say, the govt. is beheading Catholics (not sure if this is a violation of God's law).

One might say the Govt. is wrong for allowing abortion, but the Govt. is not forcing anyone to take part...

As to the Constitution, that's not Biblical, in fact, it was written in English long after the Bible was canonized. So if the govt. "tramples the Constitution", there's no defiance of God's law. Furthermore, what we define as liberty isn't Biblical either (gasp!). In fact, I defy to you point to any scripture supporting any of the rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

Don't misunderstand me and ask if I think slavery is right because you can point to certain passages, I'm just saying that society, and by extension what is civil law, can change and still fit within God's overarching law. Why was genocide commanded in the OT, but not later on? Why is murder, stealing, adultery always outlawed?

Right now, if you ask me if I think our revolution was right or wrong... I say, "neutral".

And now for something funny. The Bee Explains: A Brief History Of America

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Are you using this to justify your love of money and hatred of taxes, or perhaps you don't like immigration policies, gun control, etc., etc. or is there a serious violation of God's law being done, like say, the govt. is beheading Catholics (not sure if this is a violation of God's law).

Well... depending on which ones....

[I keed, I keed.]

;)

As for the rest, i see only a few nits that are unworthy of being picked. :)

Top Bottom