3uR0QlR.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If there was a Baptist thread and I wanted to post twenty Baptist posts in a row I wouI'd post it there.

It is fine for me to chime in here in a conversation from a Baptist perspective, you to chime in from an Orthodox perspective or tlex to chime in from a Roman perspective.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Lead singer of Hawk Nelson says he no longer believes in God. Some of you might be like, “Who?” Hawk Nelson was a prominent “Christian rock” band back in the 2000’s. From the article, it sounds like it’s not so much that he doesn’t believe in God, it’s that he doesn’t like or agree with the God of the Bible.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/lead...hawk-nelson-says-he-no-longer-believes-in-god

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I just said a prayer for him and his faith journey, and will remember him in our intentions.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, we have disagreements in the past and there are a few things that I cannot completely wrap my head around, but He is right.

I remember a couple of weeks after I got saved, one Sunday after Church, when I found out about tithing. That argument lasted a couple minutes. Holy Ghost convicted me and I did that evening.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Lead singer of Hawk Nelson says he no longer believes in God. Some of you might be like, “Who?” Hawk Nelson was a prominent “Christian rock” band back in the 2000’s. From the article, it sounds like it’s not so much that he doesn’t believe in God, it’s that he doesn’t like or agree with the God of the Bible.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/lead...hawk-nelson-says-he-no-longer-believes-in-god

“I remember being uncomfortable with certain things,” he said in his youth. “Praying in public always felt like some kind of weird performance art. Emotional cries such as ‘Holy Spirit come fill this place’ always felt clunky and awkward leaving my lips are youth conference I attended encourage every team to sign a pledge that they would ‘date Jesus’ for a year it felt manipulative and unsettling to me. I didn’t sign it.”
    Well, at least that portion seems to agree with the feelings of many here, including me.

“If God is all loving, and all powerful, why is there evil in the world? Can you not do anything about it? Does he choose not to? Is the evil in the world a result of his desire to give us free will? OK then what about famine and disease and floods and all the suffering that isn’t caused by humans in our free will? If God is loving, why does he send people to hell?” were all questions that plagued him.”
    That's the consequences of shallow Christianity, where it's all surface level, "yeah Jesus!"

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Glad to see you posting!

Quick comment on this: in our diocese, Mass hasn't been "canceled." Rather, the bishop has given a dispensation from the holy obligation to attend weekly Mass in light of the risks associated with this situation as a matter of conscience. I think some individual Masses have been suspended (our parish has, I think, 6 weekly mass times).

Choosing to honor - more or less - the .gov request for no more than 250 people together at a time.

In terms of communion, the bread will still be offered (in the hand, not directly into the mouth) but not the chalice. In our tradition, it is kinda either/or - both are Christ, so either one gets it done. ;)

Totally agree with the general proposition that it is a matter of conscience.

I realize this is a couple of months old, but, wow, are you sure they would refuse Communion on the tongue?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I realize this is a couple of months old, but, wow, are you sure they would refuse Communion on the tongue?

No, I'm not sure. :)

That was the directive back then.

More recently, regarding the re-opening, there are additional changes. I'll try to detail them later.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No, I'm not sure. :)

That was the directive back then.

More recently, regarding the re-opening, there are additional changes. I'll try to detail them later.

We'll have "pre-packaged" elements this coming week.

So, I'm guessing a small package of oyster crackers and a grape juice box; with instructions for a family to share - offerings down a bit.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Our offerings were actually up some.

We were able to send extra money to our Missionaries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom