• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was VERY surprised to see Roman Catholics cancelling Mass and not giving communion!

Glad to see you posting!

Quick comment on this: in our diocese, Mass hasn't been "canceled." Rather, the bishop has given a dispensation from the holy obligation to attend weekly Mass in light of the risks associated with this situation as a matter of conscience. I think some individual Masses have been suspended (our parish has, I think, 6 weekly mass times).

Choosing to honor - more or less - the .gov request for no more than 250 people together at a time.

In terms of communion, the bread will still be offered (in the hand, not directly into the mouth) but not the chalice. In our tradition, it is kinda either/or - both are Christ, so either one gets it done. ;)

Totally agree with the general proposition that it is a matter of conscience.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Welp.

What a difference a day makes.

Our parish has now suspended mass, and the adoration chapel. (Which, frankly, rarely ever had more than a couple people in it anyway.)

That's something I truly never thought I'd live to see.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Welp.

What a difference a day makes.

Our parish has now suspended mass, and the adoration chapel. (Which, frankly, rarely ever had more than a couple people in it anyway.)

That's something I truly never thought I'd live to see.

Now you're just like us Protestants. ;)

Next thing you know, it will be tiny crackers and plastic cups of grape juice served no more frequently than once a month.
    giphy.gif

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Christianity, Easter, and Coronavirus.

When reading the accounts of the Resurrection. Realize that it has some truths for us today. Death had seemingly won and fear of death reigned. Today, for western Christianity, the Resurrection is proclaimed, but on the real day of resurrection only a couple of people believed. The rest sat around in their homes fearful. Fear of the authority, fear of death, fear of the unknown...sound familiar? Where the light of the resurrection shines all fear dissipates.

For a little while, stop reading statistics like they are box scores. For this week dwell in the light of the resurrection.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom