• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I hear a large quantity of wafers come from wuhan! Be careful! Perhaps you should become Orthodox, bread baked fresh the day before!
    We'll have "pre-packaged" elements this coming week.

So, I'm guessing a small package of oyster crackers and a grape juice box; with instructions for a family to share - offerings down a bit.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I hear a large quantity of wafers come from wuhan! Be careful! Perhaps you should become Orthodox, bread baked fresh the day before!

That's so enticing... maybe I should bake my own on Saturday... and bring some decent wine!

... and some brie, maybe some salami... I'll have plenty of room to spread out a blanket...

Man, I really got used to eating omelets and waffles and Yorkshire pudding during the sermons.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    hmmm. You do that and I'll be at your church on Sunday!

That's so enticing... maybe I should bake my own on Saturday... and bring some decent wine!

... and some brie, maybe some salami... I'll have plenty of room to spread out a blanket...

Man, I really got used to eating omelets and waffles and Yorkshire pudding during the sermons.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And in case you haven't changed your mind already, I will need to email you all the prayers you say while you are making it.

Except the bread has to be baked according to the ancient recipe, of course. I do have the stamp you will need for the top!

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    No, I'm not sure. :)

That was the directive back then.

More recently, regarding the re-opening, there are additional changes. I'll try to detail them later.

Got it. Thanks. I read the new requirements and guidelines last week, and they are silent on tongue vs. hand. I was just curious if they truly banned Communion on the tongue back in March before this new directive came out. If they did, they had no authority to do so. That would be a hill to die on for me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Got it. Thanks. I read the new requirements and guidelines last week, and they are silent on tongue vs. hand. I was just curious if they truly banned Communion on the tongue back in March before this new directive came out. If they did, they had no authority to do so. That would be a hill to die on for me.

As a Protestant, I find this issue a bit silly - the thought of having a dude shove a cracker in my mouth and then get me to drink from a cup used by twenty other people is gross.

Come to the dark side, we've got tiny cups. ;)

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    As a Protestant, I find this issue a bit silly - the thought of having a dude shove a cracker in my mouth and then get me to drink from a cup used by twenty other people is gross.

Come to the dark side, we've got tiny cups. ;)

With the premise that it is a cracker, it might be silly. With the premise that It is the Logos, the second person of the Most Holy Trinity, I'm sure you could see the difference.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We gettin all transubstantiation up in here?

giphy.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

I don't think that's true - the authority part. Just as the bishop can decide or delegate to the local priest to determine whether it is "safe" to do the peace ritual, I believe they can also decide/delegate that.

In light of the virus spreading by oral droplets, I think it would be appropriate to prevent the priest/extraordinary minister from putting their hand right up to the person's mouth each time in succession. ;)

I will try to get more info on that later, though.

I'm not sure if I'm going back when (if) the ban gets lifted here. I'm having that debate with myself.

We're wrestling with that, too. Our parish has added several masses and there's a sign-up genius thing to make sure the appropriate sq ft/person is met. And masks will be required (except for the priest).

We might give it a few weeks and see what happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom