• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    It’s not just the non Zionist many groups don’t care for Paul and many scholars point out the differences.

https://doctrine.org/jesus-vs-paul

BTW

I am not that serious about the beeswax to push any faith other than my own Joel Olsteen Prosperity preaching.
    I hope to make a 100 million one day and never mention Jesus but everyone thinks they are in church!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Needed somewhere to leave this for Jetta

https://www.tmz.com/2019/11/12/kanye-west-joel-osteen-sunday-service-megachurch/
    KANYE WEST
    WILL APPEAR AT JOEL OSTEEN'S SUNDAY SERVICE ...
    Choir In Tow

Hi, Jetta

Sorry about citing TMZ, remember to wash your hands. Apparently they didn't get the memo that his name is now Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West. They must be racist or something

This whole Kanye thing has my head spinning... Those two seem like perfect compliments for each other.

Oh, and... https://babylonbee.com/news/christian-denominations-scramble-to-woo-kanye-west

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Joel Osteen Leads Kanye West To Top Of Lakewood Church To Tempt Him With All The Kingdoms Of The Earth In Their Splendor

article-5123-2.jpg

https://babylonbee.com/news/joel-os...aQIEU2QNx1Wl3ymBznojC5ynRPkfk4KtcYPzVQGba5sbA

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To be fair to Kanye, and for the record, I'm not a fan of the man... he has said, just recently, that he has chosen to seek God. Whatever his path in seeking that goal, I'll not knock him.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To be fair to Kanye, and for the record, I'm not a fan of the man... he has said, just recently, that he has chosen to seek God. Whatever his path in seeking that goal, I'll not knock him.

To be clear, the Bee piece above, I did not see as a knock on Kanye.

It's a knock on that other clown.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

I thought about asking that, do Christian's or atheists hate the prosperity preachers more? Atheist see it as a cynical cash grab. Do Christian's hate them for making the rest of the religion look bad/hypocritical or is it more 'they're bad but they're our bad' ?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought about asking that, do Christian's or atheists hate the prosperity preachers more? Atheist and Christians see it as a cynical cash grab.

There's a certain place in hell for someone pretending to love Christ, but doing so for selfish ambition. (except for Brad69 ;))

As to the video... wow.

I still don't understand the concept of a "first lady" in "black" churches. What makes her (or her husband) special? I want to be open and, shall we say culturally sensitive, but the hierarchy and emphasis on status and wealth is certainly not in keeping with teaching from the Bible.

Why are there more Mercedes Benz cars in a church in Stabby-Shooty-Ville than at a church that four times bigger and located up in Vanilla Village? :dunno:

And which is worse - a young man in shorts and a trucker cap that's glued on his head*, or his counterpart in a four button polyester suit which matching pocket square & tie? :dunno:

* I have to constantly repeat to myself, "God doesn't care about his appearance, so nor should I."

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I thought about asking that, do Christian's or atheists hate the prosperity preachers more? Atheist see it as a cynical cash grab. Do Christian's hate them for making the rest of the religion look bad/hypocritical or is it more 'they're bad but they're our bad' ?

"Prosperity Preachers' are not "mine". As a Christian, I do not claim them and believe that they do far more harm than good...which I have failed to locate.

One who uses the name of God for self-gain is a true example of using the Lord's name in vain, much moreso than someone who says something when he hits his thumb.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The good thing about social club / prosperity preachers, if you need somebody else to pray for you got 'em.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I look upon the prosperity preachers much as I would carnival barkers, and the lost souls they draw in as "looking for love in all the wrong places"

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I thought about asking that, do Christian's or atheists hate the prosperity preachers more? Atheist see it as a cynical cash grab. Do Christian's hate them for making the rest of the religion look bad/hypocritical...

I will clarify that as much as I disdain what they do, I hope I don't hate anyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom